Thieves arrested for 200 burglaries in Khon Kaen

webfact

Thieves arrested for 200 burglaries in Khon Kaen

s5p.jpg
Image: Thairath

KHON KAEN: -- Police have announced the arrest of three thieves in a burglary team responsible for the thefts of 200 houses in the downtown Khon Kaen area. The leader of the band and the man who actually did the burglaries is just nineteen.

He was named only as "A" due to his age. He was a former security guard at one estate where he did many of the robberies, reported Thairath. His two friends were named - Attawut Kromnoi, 22, was the motorcycle rider who picked up A while Tawan Phromsrichan was the fence who got rid of the goods.

A huge cache of stolen items found on sale in various second hand shops in the area was displayed for the press along with the suspects. There were phones, iPads, tablets, amulets, jewelry and weapons.

The series of thefts gained notoriety after one householder fed up with thefts in the housing estate had spray painted his own wall in front of his property with a message for the thief. In huge red letters it said in Thai: "You bloody thief there is nothing to steal here - don't waste your time breaking in!"

"A" told police that he had done over 200 break-ins sometimes getting tens of thousands of baht worth or property, When there was nothing to steal he would help himself to food and drink and even took beer home on occasion. He bought drugs with the money he made, he told police.

He was taken on a reenactment to the site of four of his burglaries in the Muang Kao area including the house where the owner had sprayed the message, which has now been painted over.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-24

I love it! The police have begun to actually do their job in various places around the country...if this becomes a nationwide phenomenon...Thailand is in danger of becoming civilized...

Edited by ggt

Higher fences, broken glass embedded into walls and fences might be a good idea. Oh and dogs.

I can't believe anyone would be brazen enough to pull off a burglary in Thailand given that most people live inside gated compounds, often have guard dogs and many own guns.

Quite the contrast to America/Australia/Canada, where no one has a fence or wall (except celebrities and other high-profile people) I don't get that at all, it's like inviting a burglar into your house. How can anyone feel safe living in a house that doesn't have a high wall surrounding it? Westerners are nuts. And then they wonder why there are so many burglaries. Duh...

Edited by Tomtomtom69

I would have no problem putting a bullet, into anyones head that burgled my house.

Then bury the trash in the garden. Id suggest if more people did the same burglaries would be less common.

Oh yes black ops style. How is that a deterrent? As you are so good at it how are all the other thieves to know that they are being knocked on the quiet and buried out the back? Better off hanging 'em in the front yard with their hands cut off, no?