Bali Hai Plaza ordered demolished for encroachment

Rimmer

Bali Hai Plaza ordered demolished for encroachment

1195-n1BaliHai.jpg

PATTAYA:--Banglamung District authorities have ordered the demolition of Bali Hai Plaza for encroaching on public land.

District Chief Chakorn Kanjawattana and Pattaya officials issued the order to tear down the retail-entertainment mixed-use mall June 15. The plaza currently houses the popular Mixx discotheque and a Starbucks coffee house, among other outlets.

Chakorn said Bali Hai Plaza was illegally modified to encroach on the Bali Hai flood-drainage canal and impedes the flow of storm runoff into the sea.

A 1.07-million-baht contact has been issued for the Boy Ocean Star Co. to tear down the building, which has been cited numerous times over the years for the encroachment.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/bali-hai-plaza-ordered-demolished-encroachment-140120

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2016-06-24 footer_n.gif

What about the very tall black mouldy concrete monstrosity blocking the view from the view point, and that pointless pile of concrete pillars that were supposed to be a Marina....?

" for encroaching on public land "

yes indeed-even similar circumstances don't you thinkgigglem.gif

Wonder how long before its a mass of rubble

1 week, 1 month, 1 year, 10 years, Never ?

TIT whistling.gif

A 1.07-million-baht contact has been issued for the Boy Ocean Star Co. to tear down the building, which has been cited numerous times over the years for the encroachment.

Someone has a big reason to make the building rubble. With a new sheriff in town there is a chance there will be action.

Now, next is the beach side buildings on walking street.

TIT whistling.gif

Someone has a big reason to make the building rubble. With a new sheriff in town there is a chance there will be action.

Yes that's only been going on 10 years plus

But never say never thumbsup.gif

I may just mark my calendar for one year so i can go take a pic and post it here in a years time ?

clap2.gif Good one...then the year after that and the year after that, etc etc etc.

Because the press never follows up on these things.

I think a pic after one year would prove the point ?

Very interesting to see if the authorities continue in this vein down the beach side of Walking Street.

I'm sure the Plaza had some powerful protectors, but maybe they've all just been kicked out of office?

What is happening is that the ARMY as of a couple of weeks ago are now in charge in Pattaya. No matter how much the owners at Bali Hai Plaza are paying the BIB the army are the ones demanding this.It also cuts into the BIB's bribe money causing them to loose face.

Very interesting to see if the authorities continue in this vein down the beach side of Walking Street.

I'm sure the Plaza had some powerful protectors, but maybe they've all just been kicked out of office?

What is happening is that the ARMY as of a couple of weeks ago are now in charge in Pattaya. No matter how much the owners at Bali Hai Plaza are paying the BIB the army are the ones demanding this.It also cuts into the BIB's bribe money causing them to loose face.

So to make up for this loss, extra bribes are demanded elsewhere: soi 6; Kao Talo.......

Demolish the beach rd side of walking st, then start on the other side

No, We need to keep it just as it is.

At least we know where most of the idiots are in pattaya, we can all go else where. thumbsup.gif

Could throw a few other Soi's in, but that's a different story whistling.gif

TIT whistling.gif

Yes that's only been going on 10 years plus

But never say never thumbsup.gif

I've wondered about that for a long time. The courts issue orders and the owners of the buildings don't do anything. I know Thailand has some serious contempt of court law -- that's why newspapers almost never report on a case that is before the courts. I don't understand why private property owners can simply ignore the orders of the court. There was a department store in Bangkok that illegally modified its structure from the approved plans to add four stories. The BMA took them to court many times over a period of about twenty years and every time the court found the owner at fault and ordered him to remove the top four stories. He never did anything, was never fined, never charged with anything other than improperly modifying the building. Finally the damned thing collapsed, I think with loss of life. Still don't know if the owner has any liability (or the architect or operating engineer).

Nothing will happen...

They have been saying they will pull down those buildings built on public land on the west side of Walking Street for decades now... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edit in...

Whooops. I forgot the army has taken control. gigglem.gif

What next? Walking St to get back its beach???

Edited by Basil B

What about the very tall black mouldy concrete monstrosity blocking the view from the view point, and that pointless pile of concrete pillars that were supposed to be a Marina....?

" for encroaching on public land "

yes indeed-even similar circumstances don't you thinkgigglem.gif

Encroaching and belonging to the wrong political party. No?

I spoke to some people in the know last night at Mixx (It is still open.) That front section of Lima Lima, the veranda being torn down, is illegal and will be removed as it is now. The back section, where Mask is (Which is now closed) will be removed.

At this time, Mixx, Brooklyn and the little diners in the front and Starbucks are all legal and will remain. Lima Lima, the inside part, will remain. For now.

They are likely to only destroy the offending locations and save the rest of the building. Mixx is 100% legal and in the legal part of the building before other owners encroached and are fighting this tooth and nail (Obviously, it was packed wall to wall last night)