Gold price skyrockets while stock prices nosedive in reacting to Brexit

snoop1130

Gold price skyrockets while stock prices nosedive in reacting to Brexit

408_Brexit-wpcf_728x410.jpg

THAILAND -- Thai stock index dropped 2.76 percent to 1,396.81 points with trading volumn totaling 51,345.54 million baht when stock market closed mid-day.

Meanwhile, gold price increased 900 baht in 18 adjustments which saw buying and selling prices of gold bar registering at 21,950 baht and 22,050 baht respectively for one baht weight for gold.

Global gold price was registered at US$1,317 dollars per ounce while Thai baht currency exchange rate stood at 35.43 baht for one dollar.

The top five most active stocks on Friday were: PTT which closed mid-day at 309.00 baht, a decrease by 15 baht or 4.63 percent drop; SCB closed at 130.50 baht, a drop of 4.50 baht or -3.33 percent; KBANK which closed at 163 baht or a drop of six baht or -3.55 percent; PTTEP which closed at 79.75 baht or a drop of 4.25 baht or -5.06 percent; and IVL which closed at 29.75 baht or a drop of two baht.

A stock analyst of May Bank Kim Eng (Thailand) Securities Company recommended stock traders to buy when index fell to 1,380 points, noting that the UK referendum vote will have limited impacts on the Thai stock market and economy.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/gold-price-skyrockets-stock-prices-nosedive-reacting-brexit/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-24

Great headlines. A 4% gold price increase is a "skyrocket", while a 2.76% stock index drop is a "nosedive". Well done Thai PBS.

To be fair , it is the same on all other news sites.

But it is the last week of the month >>>>options expire , and with a record number of shorts ..... next week Gold & Silver will get hammered down again. ( or at least they will try hard to hammer them down)

But what do I know ... I was sure (100 %) of a bremain....biggrin.png

I think the expats living here on just enough money to get by won`t be able to ride out this brexit storm and will be broke long before the international money markets sort themselves out again.

At the moment we are looking at 5-6% drop and it's the weekend. Lets see next week when lots of people have made lots of money because they were 'gambling' on this situation.

I'm not going to predict anything on rates but it won't be as bad as looking for a tall building.

I think the expats living here on just enough money to get by won`t be able to ride out this brexit storm and will be broke long before the international money markets sort themselves out again.

Very unlikely. One beer less a day will take up all the slack. People who want to stay will stay regardless of any Schadenfreude directed their way from their fellow expats.

A few weeks from now Brexit will be old news and the sensationalist headlines will have worn thin. Life will go on with very little change for 99% of people.

Very unlikely. One beer less a day will take up all the slack. People who want to stay will stay regardless of any Schadenfreude directed their way from their fellow expats.

A few weeks from now Brexit will be old news and the sensationalist headlines will have worn thin. Life will go on with very little change for 99% of people.

Well said.

W

...this is the charade they were looking for to disguise the terminally ill global economy....

Absolutely true, if the "cabal" had wanted a remain result they could easily rig it

now they have their "perfect" reason for the coming collapse of Euro and Dollar,

I think you mean retirees or social security cheats.

Real expats get more than enough money.

I'm a real 'expat ' , how do you know how much sterling I get every month ?

I love people who say Gold is a Haven place when stoks drop.

My question to them is always if you can't sellyour Gold.....what is it worth to you?

Howmany Calories are there in a ounce of Gold....when you are hungary can you eat your Goldbars or coins.

Of course, the same is true of Stocks....how much money do you actually gain when you buy Stocks and the don't sell that stock when it rises 30 percent.

In both cases he real answer is NOTHING.

You can only obtain a profit when you buy and sell either Gold or Stocks for a profit.

Buying and holding either makes you no profit until you later Sell that asset at a better price.

Anything else is a delusion f your mind.

Am I right?

My question to them is always if you can't sellyour Gold.....what is it worth to you?

Howmany Calories are there in a ounce of Gold....when you are hungary can you eat your Goldbars or coins.

Of course, the same is true of Stocks....how much money do you actually gain when you buy Stocks and the don't sell that stock when it rises 30 percent.

You can only obtain a profit when you buy and sell either Gold or Stocks for a profit.

Buying and holding either makes you no profit until you later Sell that asset at a better price.

Am I right?

Over 20 years, I've never lost with gold. I don't gamble on the stock exchange but most I know have lost as much or more than they have won.

Well said.

W

Unfortunately i make you wrong this decision could and probably will have far reaching consequences for all UK people. Those living in the UK.and especially those living abroad. 35 bht 2 the £ wouldn't surprise me.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well said.

W

Unfortunately i make you wrong this decision could and probably will have far reaching consequences for all UK people. Those living in the UK.and especially those living abroad. 35 bht 2 the £ wouldn't surprise me.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"...this decision could and probably will have far reaching consequences for all UK people. Those living in the UK.and especially those living abroad. 35 bht 2 the £ wouldn't surprise me."

Really? Jesus. I was going to buy UKP at 40. You seriously think it will go to less than that?

W

Edited by Winniedapu

Great headlines. A 4% gold price increase is a "skyrocket", while a 2.76% stock index drop is a "nosedive". Well done Thai PBS.

Yeah! I think you are correct in saying this.

They should have said that Gold Soars and Stocks Flopped. You need at least 10% for a Skyrocket or Nosedive.

I'm a 'retiree', how do you know how much I get every month?

Am I right?

Over 20 years, I've never lost with gold. I don't gamble on the stock exchange but most I know have lost as much or more than they have won.

Obviously you never bought it in 1979/80 at $ 850/ once and held it for 20 years and sold it for $290 / once

Am I right?

Ha ha so funny!

This a huge difference between selling gold and having a credible currency which is backed by gold which the Chinese believe in.

what is delusional is that people can go on printing bits of paper indefinitely with nothing to support it.

such institutions have as much credibility as the Church of Scientologygiggle.gif

I'm a 'retiree', how do you know how much I get every month?

I don't, why do you want to tell us?

Don't you think there are more retirees living here on a tight budget than expats? Most retirees I know live here because they can't afford to live in the UK or USA.

Expats are not really real expats unless they are immigrants. Anyway, "expats" need to earn a certain amount or they won't get a Work Permit.

I was just saying that I think "cyberfrang" meant retirees rather than expats as I can't see any expats having to return home because of Brexit.

You obviously have issues that make you take what I said out of context.

Am I right?

Obviously you never bought it in 1979/80 at $ 850/ once and held it for 20 years and sold it for $290 / once

Obviously. I was 13 years old!

I have made a lot of money(relatively) with gold, selling all of it when it got up to around 27,000 baht.

I bought a lot more since then at around 20,000 baht and have no reason to fear it going down as I plan to keep it 20 years until I retire or it reaches a good price to sell.

You can't put "retirees or social security cheats" in the same box.

A real ex-pat would be somebody who works here, and earns a western salary, in your vocabulary, I assume. Actually, this will be a hit to UK pensioners living here. Most will carry on I suppose, but may have to tighten their belts. The real problem will be for those retirees who don't have the necessary lump sum and depend on income, and are at or near the 65.000 limit.

• 3 weeks later...