Children on UK visa form

On the Visa application form to the UK it says any children (Thai wife going to UK for holiday with me). Her only son is 18 married and has a daughter, does he have to be mentioned on the visa form. It doesn't say dependent children.

I know this sounds like a stupid question but my first wife (25 years ago) had her first visa turned down for something stupid on the form. and I don't want any problems this time.

I take the view that uk immigration deal in absolutes , so does she have children or not , even if the " kid " is 90 she is still her kid , I would put yes to the question then if they ask anything else you can know that you put in the truth , much harder to wriggle out of it later , and as you know before you were refused for a similar mistake or misunderstanding , I can see your position he is not a dependent child , but unless they said " does she have dependent children " then you have to put yes she has children , only my opinion , maybe a more experienced board member may know better ,

She should enter his details.

Not because she may be refused if she doesn't; how would they know?

But if she says now that she doesn't have any children, this could have a seriously detrimental effect on any future UK visa application her son may make. For example, to visit her should you and she ever move to the UK.