Bike Seat Destroyed.

My Forza has now received the same treatment as the PCX, seat chewed up from the top, the sides unharmed, I am convinced it is not the dogs.

I do not think it was pigeons either, both times it has only happened at night, there are five bikes at my house, and only my two have been touched.

I would use poison, but dogs and cat may eat any dead bodies, I would love to kill whatever is responsible, but I cannot take any chances with dogs and cat.

Any suggestions? But please, no jokes, this is serious.

Edited by possum1931

Def Rats or similar are the culprits here imo. This should be dealt with asap as they are also partial to gnawing electrical cables in car's etc.

I had this problem with my truck some time ago and used a 'humane trap' to catch them. It's a simple small cage with a spring loaded door, easily available at most hardware stores. Much better than poison and very effective.

Not sure how much it costs to re-cover a Forza seat but this could be a good oppertunity to customise your bike with a new one, I'm not allowed to give the link here but if you search 'Honda PCX seat' on facebook you will see a huge selection on offer for a v reasonable price (they do Forza also). I've bought 2 from these people and was delighted with the quality and service.

Good luck. p.s. Not sure if it will help, but why not cover the bike seats at night with heavy towels?

Def Rats or similar are the culprits here imo. This should be dealt with asap as they are also partial to gnawing electrical cables in car's etc.

I had this problem with my truck some time ago and used a 'humane trap' to catch them. It's a simple small cage with a spring loaded door, easily available at most hardware stores. Much better than poison and very effective.

Not sure how much it costs to re-cover a Forza seat but this could be a good oppertunity to customise your bike with a new one, I'm not allowed to give the link here but if you search 'Honda PCX seat' on facebook you will see a huge selection on offer for a v reasonable price (they do Forza also). I've bought 2 from these people and was delighted with the quality and service.

Good luck. p.s. Not sure if it will help, but why not cover the bike seats at night with heavy towels?

Great post, thanks. It will cost almost 2000 Bt for PCX seat, Forza, maybe about 3000Bt. I will take steps to get a new customised seat.

I don't think towels will help, the covers were partly moved, so it will be easy for anything to pull them off.

I was thinking about getting two small light frames built, maybe with wood and plywood or hardboard, but living up in

the sticks, it may be hard to find a joiner who could make and supply the material.

I will try small cage with the spring loaded door, but if a catch any rats in them I will kill them rather than set them free.

Tie a Glue trap with peanut butter to the top of your seat..Soon it will tell you what is tearing it apart

Yes, I have thought of that, but it may harm the cat if it climbs on to the seat, I seen it on there, as well as

on the other bikes, and also the roof of the car.

I understand how much it may bug you.... but seriously....these ghosts are hard to catch.... just kidding!!

I reckon it would be worth doing a cheap camera thing... I mean it would drive me nuts - I would want to get to the bottom of it. Maybe you could pick up some sort of camera for 1 - 2,000Bt and I guess it may also provide security in the future?

Either way, I really want to know now too biggrin.png

Edit: Typo

Edited by denkiblue555

I understand how much it may bug you.... but seriously....these ghosts are hard to catch.... just kidding!!

I reckon it would be worth doing a cheap camera thing... I mean it would drive me nuts - I would want to get to the bottom of it. Maybe you could pick up some sort of camera for 1 - 2,000Bt and I guess it may also provide security in the future?

Either way, I really want to know now too biggrin.png

Edit: Typo

Did you not read the OP? I am in no mood for jokes.

We recovered our PCX seat, cost 200bht at our local upholstery guys shop...

Your prob, l would chuck a bit of canvas or similar over the seat when bike not in use. We do that cos of our cat.

Thanks Trans, Mrs Possum is taking me to a place in the next town tomorrow.

Maybe they can also recover my Forza.

possum

no joke...WD40 works. Lighten up.

Many falangs who still live in their respective countries face similar issues as you with varmits eating electrical wiring, Forza seats

that have no sense of humour, vacuum hoses, etc. You are not the only one. Inside engine compartments, many dose all with a generous soaking of Wd-40. I hope you know what that is....

Squirrels, pack rats, rats, mice, chipmunks and all sorts of little critters hate the smell.

As a back-up, I spread trays of cumadin-loaded rat poison inside my engine bonnet....along with the WD-40

possum

no joke...WD40 works. Lighten up.

Many falangs who still live in their respective countries face similar issues as you with varmits eating electrical wiring, Forza seats

that have no sense of humour, vacuum hoses, etc. You are not the only one. Inside engine compartments, many dose all with a generous soaking of Wd-40. I hope you know what that is....

Squirrels, pack rats, rats, mice, chipmunks and all sorts of little critters hate the smell.

As a back-up, I spread trays of cumadin-loaded rat poison inside my engine bonnet....along with the WD-40

So the guy has to wash the WD40 off his seat every day, or walk around smelling like a motor fitter....laugh.png

You took the words right out of my mouth Trans.

I was serious about the camera Possum.... no jokes there.

It mat not stop damage in the short term, but at least you will know what you are dealing with. Then you can work out a solid solution!

Just my 2c

Good post, but I am almost certain it was a rat responsible, and I am going to but a trap out every

night which hopefully will trap it, then I will drive a two or three Ks away, let it out and kill it.

It mat not stop damage in the short term, but at least you will know what you are dealing with. Then you can work out a solid solution!

Just my 2c

Good post, but I am almost certain it was a rat responsible, and I am going to but a trap out every

night which hopefully will trap it, then I will drive a two or three Ks away, let it out and kill it.

Fair enough - then would it be possible to strap some kind of tarpaulin thing over the seat using a bungee cord ?

(just to save you having to continue to deal with the issue)

Just my 2c

Fair enough - then would it be possible to strap some kind of tarpaulin thing over the seat using a bungee cord ?

(just to save you having to continue to deal with the issue)

No, the rat would manage to tear it and then get underneath and up to the top of the seat.

I am looking at ways of building a light cage made of softwood and plywood or hardboard.

Spray the seat at night with WD40, works for everything else smile.png

Are you stupid or just downright ignorant? I have specifically asked for no jokes.

Not stupid or ignorant... Just cause you specifically asked for no jokes doesn't call for rudeness smile.png

BTW, WD 40 works and you just wipe it off with a rag in the morning...

P.S why would you catch a rat, drive couple of km and then kill it ? Seems like a waste of fuel to me smile.png

If I catch the rat in one of these traps I cannot take the chance of it escaping then maybe coming back again, that's why I would take it far away and kill it then.

It would only be an act of revenge on my part killing it.

and if you were genuine about the WD40, then I apologise about what I said, I had a similar situation in a previous thread and then had idiots making jokes about it, that is why I was

concerned about the jokes, to me it is very serious having that damage done to my two bikes.

dont kill

rat

bad karma

Seems he already has bad karma,two seats down. Everyone I know keeps bikes inside at night but that's more for theft. Maybe that's a solution unless the culprits are inside as well.

The bikes are kept under shelter in a Thai styled house. which is locked up at night, surrounded by fencing and a locked gate at the beginning of the driveway. If any man or beast does me wrong, I will retaliate, and to hell with Karma.

I would sure like to know what you mean by "keeps bikes inside at night", do you mean in a garage especially for motorbikes?

How about getting one of those netting seat covers that are supposed to keep your bum cool.?

Just a long shot??

The PCX had one but it was shredded also, cannot get one for the Forza.

If you know anywhere I can get one, then please tell me.