Breaking News: Fire Near Walking Street

PATTAYAPUNTER

Yet another short circuit. Don't these people know about fuses, breakers and earthing systems? Further proof, as if it were needed, never let a Thai workman near your premises. I do all my own electrics and water to UK standards.

I note that the Arab guy was following the strictures laid down in the Koran re lifestyle.

Yet another short circuit. Don't these people know about fuses, breakers and earthing systems? Further proof, as if it were needed, never let a Thai workman near your premises. I do all my own electrics and water to UK standards.

...so you bring your own generator and divining rod do you?

I note that the Arab guy was following the strictures laid down in the Koran re lifestyle.

Why should he? Do you think that because he is Omani that he is automatically a Muslim.

A little education goes a long way methinks.

Why should he? Do you think that because he is Omani that he is automatically a Muslim.

C'mon!!

I agree that it is not 100% certain that this guy is a Muslim but the odds are 95% in favour of him being one.

What about the clientele of the Grace Hotel (Suk 3) who are predominately Arab. Do you think that they come to Thailand to visit temples :o

Just how many Arabs are christian ? Not many.

I have worked in the ME and in talking to the locals (Muslim) it is a well known fact that many (read thousands) of Muslims visit the realm to enjoy the pleasures of the flesh and alcoholic beverages.

Young Muslims do not necessarily follow the precepts of the Koran, either at home in the ME and particularly not when they are away (when visiting the realm) from the eyes of the "big brother religious police"

To think otherwise is the same as burying your head in the sand :D

Edited by john b good

C'mon!!

I agree that it is not 100% certain that this guy is a Muslim but the odds are 95% in favour of him being one.

What about the clientele of the Grace Hotel (Suk 3) who are predominately Arab. Do you think that they come to Thailand to visit temples :D

Just how many Arabs are christian ? Not many.

I have worked in the ME and in talking to the locals (Muslim) it is a well known fact that many (read thousands) of Muslims visit the realm to enjoy the pleasures of the flesh and alcoholic beverages.

Young Muslims do not necessarily follow the precepts of the Koran, either at home in the ME and particularly not when they are away (when visiting the realm) from the eyes of the "big brother religious police"

To think otherwise is the same as burying your head in the sand :D

Guys,,Young men full of Lunatic Soup and an arm around a Little Brown Snapper most likely would forget his own name..Why do you automaticly drag nationality or religon into the equasion..

Any one with a skin full who smokes could have done it, if in fact that was the cause..

Just maybe the guy was telling the truth !!! :o

Yet another short circuit. Don't these people know about fuses, breakers and earthing systems? Further proof, as if it were needed, never let a Thai workman near your premises. I do all my own electrics and water to UK standards...

Would like to do same but how do you do this to a 10 year old condo on the 5th floor with no earthing???

Fires start for many reasons. In hotels and congested areas the dangers are multiplied by the inability of the Fire Services to get their heavily laden water tankers and pumpers into narrow congested streets to attack the fire. Couple this with the ghouls who stand around watching proceedings and the lack of operational fire equipment available to Fire fighters and a simple fire gets out of control with hellish consequences.

Pattaya and Jomtien are a fire fighters nightmare, who can forget the Jomtien fire in 1999 (?) which resulted in severe loss of life. Bangkok had to use their high rise snorkels / ladders (60 metres height) Taking 4 hours to arrive. Due to the delay they attempted to use a helo which only made the flames worse due to its down draft.

What is so worrying and frustrating is that those responsible for fire equipment purchase only appear to go for the big / heavy/ expensive models that may be totally unsuitable but the under table money is good. Then of coutrse we get to budgets for maintanence which disappear within days but the fire chief seems to have bought a new car recently !!!!

The days of traditional pour water onto a fire are gone and new technology is available at a fraction of the price of huge fire trucks. They are manouverable and easily handled, yet use very little water.

Very hard to sell though proven, as the costs are mimimum which means small tea money.

post-23020-1163670116_thumb.jpg

Arab: a member of a Semitic people originally from the Arabian peninsula and surrounding territories who speaks Arabic and who inhabits much of the Middle East and northern Africa.

Only around 10 to 15% of Muslims are Arabs.

Clearly, my annoyance was aimed at the pointless introduction of religion into the thread.

Anyway. Enough said.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

Arab: a member of a Semitic people originally from the Arabian peninsula and surrounding territories who speaks Arabic and who inhabits much of the Middle East and northern Africa.

Clearly, my annoyance was aimed at the pointless introduction of religion into the thread.

Anyway. Enough said.

:o

Anyway. Enough said.

Well put Jiu-Jitsu, I understand your point entirely. How pathetic to introduce religion into this thread when the focus of the thread is a hotel fire and the fate of those injured in that fire.

:D to hear about this. Hope all make a full recovery :D Now the after math :D fire exit, no sprinkler system(??), do hope this is not the case however :D it wouldn't be a surprise if it was the case. :o "enough said"

Just a question: what happened to the one dead ???

:o-->

QUOTE(Basil B @ 2006-11-16 12:38:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would like to do same but how do you do this to a 10 year old condo on the 5th floor with no earthing???

Basil there are ways that it can be done, the structure can be used as the earthing reference. It is a matter of making a connection to the structure that has less resistance than the exisiting circuit neutral and there are methods of accomplishing this.

This is only one way, I would need to know the methods/design used in wiring up the building before suggesting others.

"quote"

Basil there are ways that it can be done, the structure can be used as the earthing reference. It is a matter of making a connection to the structure that has less resistance than the exisiting circuit neutral and there are methods of accomplishing this.

This is only one way, I would need to know the methods/design used in wiring up the building before suggesting others.

Good informative post dvk...

And all this time I thought you had a PhD in Heinekenology :o:D:D

Edited by Buckwheat