filling out a Thai will?

Got the form, downloaded off here sometime ago, it's in Thai of course. My query is does it have to be filled out in Thai or can I do it in English? It just covers money in a Thai Bank with the 2 beneficiaries. Does it have to be lodged with the Amphur to be legal?

From what I have seen the cost of having it done by a firm is ridiculously high- around 10k It's just the 800k extension cash always in the bank here.

Edited by thai3

I was quoted from 4k-30k with different firms.

I went with the one that was recommended by a few of my acquaintances.

It was 6k baht, down to 4k baht due to friends of friends.

If you have children here and are planning to leave them your property and bank accounts here is it worth risking hassle for them over a one time low payment?

If you want, I can contact them and probably get you the 4k price. PM me if you decide to do it.

I believe that Thailand is quite difficult and strict about bank accounts etc. Without a legal Will they are not automatically given to the next of kin. Perhaps not at all.

Anybody with legal knowledge of this can chip in?

See this page for K-bank's requirements for claiming on the estate of a deceased depositor.

Hi, just read the KBank advisory which states you must have a Court appointed administrator. My understanding is an administrator is not required if you have had a legal Will in Thailand - do you or anyone else have knowledge of this apparent contradiction?

Just yesterday I read an article by a lawyer which said that you don't need a court order "if nobody contests the will." But in reality I can't see the banks releasing a substantial amount of money without one. In the case of an Amphur-registered will, I assume there is simply an instruction by a government official, and that would be enough for the banks.

What I was told by my lawyer was that in Thailand (after receiving details of the assets) the court sets down exactly what the administrator has to do. So it's perhaps in the estate's interest to have an administrator if the will is complicated or if there is no will.