How Do The Police Work?

rafval

I saw them today about a lady I know stealing money from me. I gave them all her details but I think they only took her name. Next they were finished. When I asked what I do next they said they would call me, so I gave them my phone number. Is it up to me now to call the police next time I see the lady? I dont see how they can find her with the infomationion they have. Is it worth my while even? Its quite a large amount of money, the lady was a long time friend who I have helped alot and shes never taken money before so I had my guard down a little.

I saw them today about a lady I know stealing money from me. I gave them all her details but I think they only took her name. Next they were finished. When I asked what I do next they said they would call me, so I gave them my phone number. Is it up to me now to call the police next time I see the lady? I dont see how they can find her with the infomationion they have. Is it worth my while even? Its quite a large amount of money, the lady was a long time friend who I have helped alot and shes never taken money before so I had my guard down a little.

What did she steal and how I guess is the important thing. If you leant her money than it is not stealing. If she broke into your home then thats stealing. I think a little more information on how she stole from you might help with some of the punters replies.

ITR :o

she took quite a large sum of money that was hidden in a draw. I did make a signed statement, Im not sure what it says as its in thai, but I dont think they took down her ID number or phone number.

What did she steal and how I guess is the important thing. If you leant her money than it is not stealing. If she broke into your home then thats stealing. I think a little more information on how she stole from you might help with some of the punters replies.

ITR :o

she took quite a large sum of money that was hidden in a draw. I did make a signed statement, Im not sure what it says as its in thai, but I dont think they took down her ID number or phone number.

ITR :D

What did she break in to your home or was she invited in? Is she your cleaner or ....?

If she was in your house as a guest or invited in as such, there is not a lot the police can do about it.

He said she said sort of thing. She will just deny it and there will be no way to prove it(depending on the amount stolen) are we talking thousands or hundreds of thousands of Bht here?

In The Rai! :o

she was invited, she will deny it, and she will claim she has no money in any case to pay it back, altho she does have another person claiming she stole from them on the police records from a few days back, but its probably recorded at another police station, then again, she will probably come back for more soon if Im nice to her and pretend I havent noticed, couldnt I just do the same, take any cash she has on her and deny it if she goes to the police?

What did she break in to your home or was she invited in? Is she your cleaner or ....?

If she was in your house as a guest or invited in as such, there is not a lot the police can do about it.

He said she said sort of thing. She will just deny it and there will be no way to prove it(depending on the amount stolen) are we talking thousands or hundreds of thousands of Bht here?

In The Rai! :o

she was invited, she will deny it, and she will claim she has no money in any case to pay it back, altho she does have another person claiming she stole from them on the police records from a few days back, but its probably recorded at another police station, then again, she will probably come back for more soon if Im nice to her and pretend I havent noticed, couldnt I just do the same, take any cash she has on her and deny it if she goes to the police?

Why would you be nice to her?

How much are we talking?

I mean, as there are no witnesses perhaps I should sort this out myself with no witnesses, Im just unsure how the police here work and would rather do things above board if possable

Why would you be nice to her?

How much are we talking?

The Title: How Do The Police Work? :o:D:D:D:D:D:D

well, the wrong title perhaps, but I have also acompanied thai ladies to the police station at times regarding theft as well as had my room broken into at a hotel I was staying and the police dont even seem to go so far as getting a discription of the theif, in the case of one lady we caught the guy and the police came and he was deported for not having a passport, but he had robbed several ladies at gunpoint, a toy gun most likely, but still the police didnt even ask for his discription, they only seem to take a record for insurence purposes, so Im wondering what the method is here

The Title: How Do The Police Work? :o:D:D:D:D:D:D

well, the wrong title perhaps, but I have also acompanied thai ladies to the police station at times regarding theft as well as had my room broken into at a hotel I was staying and the police dont even seem to go so far as getting a discription of the theif, in the case of one lady we caught the guy and the police came and he was deported for not having a passport, but he had robbed several ladies at gunpoint, a toy gun most likely, but still the police didnt even ask for his discription, they only seem to take a record for insurence purposes, so Im wondering what the method is here

Great vigilante work!

You helped assist in the capturing of a thief who had been robbing ladies at gunpoint - well done.

I suspect however, that if this were true (toy gun or not) that the foreign criminal, as mentioned above, would have received a long-term visa-free stay on behalf of the Corrections Department - and not just deported from the country.

You seemed to have been involved in innumerable cases of theft during your stay in Thailand - as witness, assistant and now victim.

How do the police work?

Well, before anyone can answer that, you will ask to yourself first - 'What kind of people am i associating with in The Land of Smiles?'

Edited by stevesuphan

I am afraid to say that you can say goodbye to the money my friend. I too have leant a trusted person of so called high moral standing and large bank account, money -never to be returned again.Maybe that is why she has so much in the bank The Police will do the square root of nothing in this case and all I can say is that I am sorry this has happened.

We all learn from our mistakes. No one is to be trusted in this country, no matter what you think

Best wishes

Watchoutfarang

why wouldnt it be true? he did get to spend a few months in in a thai jail before being deported, he told the police it was a toy gun, perhaps he was wanted in his home country, the guy didnt rob me so I couldnt really ask the police, I was witness to him getting a beating by the police when first taken in tho, but, no doubt thats suspect to you too.

When I first came I stayed in koh san road, I met a number of people who had ther rooms broken into,in the place I stayed which had a guard downstairs 2 doors were crowbarred open while I was there, one being mine, sure I learnt not to stay in those kind of places, another guy had had theives come in thru his 5th floor hotel window at night and steal everything, he had no recollection, no doubt he imagined it as well.

yes, I have meet 4 or 5 people that have been robbed here, in fact I have meet just as many in my home country, theft happens, Im merely interested in the way police deal with it, which seems to be to record it for insurance purposes only, no doubt other people will get robbed in future and also have to deal with the police, not you of course because you mix with the right kind of people, but if the subject is below you youre welcome not to comment

Great vigilante work!

You helped assist in the capturing of a thief who had been robbing ladies at gunpoint - well done.

I suspect however, that if this were true (toy gun or not) that the foreign criminal, as mentioned above, would have received a long-term visa-free stay on behalf of the Corrections Department - and not just deported from the country.

You seemed to have been involved in innumerable cases of theft during your stay in Thailand - as witness, assistant and now victim.

How do the police work?

Well, before anyone can answer that, you will ask to yourself first - 'What kind of people am i associating with in The Land of Smiles?'

Thanks, no doubt you wouldnt call the police if you saw a person that had robbed you at gunpoint for fear of being called a vigilante on a messageboard

Great vigilante work!

I am afraid to say that you can say goodbye to the money my friend. I too have leant a trusted person of so called high moral standing and large bank account, money -never to be returned again.Maybe that is why she has so much in the bank The Police will do the square root of nothing in this case and all I can say is that I am sorry this has happened.

We all learn from our mistakes. No one is to be trusted in this country, no matter what you think

Best wishes

Watchoutfarang

I agree but some of the dreams on this board are afraid to agree. They rather attack us.

I would love to be a police in Thailand just for the fun of it.

I would be the biggest carnt to people if got bored. Walking around in the touristy places with a mega powertrip would be amusing

But you'd have to be all martial arts manic and give yourself a totally tough name. . .