Selling car when leaving Thailand

Hi, I'm leaving Thailand on the 6th of July. I haven't sold my car yet : ( I was planning on keeping it until the 4 and go to random garages and sell it to the best offer. However, I've put it online and have a potential Thai buyer but she says we have to sign all docs tomorrow and she has to take my car tomorrow as well because normally it takes 2 weeks if you're leaving Thailand. Is that true? Thanks a lot

It's a Toyota Yaris 2012. The Thai lady who wants to buy it says I have to sell tomorrow because the paperwork takes 15 days. Is that true? After 4 years in Thailand I have to admit I have lost faith in some Thai people's honesty... I want 290 she says 240 cash tomorrow or nothing because it will be too late after

No idea. But if it like a normal transfer then it takes minutes.. where is the car registered, in Bangkok (or whichever place you are) if it is registered up country then yes it can take 7-14 days as the paperwork has to go up then back.. if it is registered locally to you and The buyer then it is immediate.

I'm leaving Thailand on the 6th of July. I haven't sold my car yet : ( I was planning on keeping it until the 4 and go to random garages and sell it to the best offer.

Why are you waiting to get offers? It costs nothing to go in and get them and it seems daft to speculate.

For all you know the local garages will pay more than this Thai woman.

As said,can be done in les than half hour from start to finish,if its financed then thats different,you would have to pay and get receipt for final payment,then go to change the name on the docs together,cannot be done without the two together,seller and buyer and dont forget your ID.both papers.ie,passport or Drivers licence.

I have lost faith in some Thai people's honesty...

Thanks, laughed out loud at this statement...

I took my car to the dealer...who directed me to a used car dealer who bought my car...did I take a beating on the price...probably...but I was between the proverbial rock and a hard place...much like yourself...

I once left a car to a foreigner "friend" to sell for me as I had not been able to get a good price before I left the country...

"Friend" sold the car...and went on a drinking binge with "my money"...lost my shirt on that deal.,.

Yes, I have new friends now...

As your getting the money "up front"....I would imagine that's the most important thing. I normally also check, when I get a chance, to make sure the name transfer has actually been done if I have to rush off and leave the signed papers for the purchaser to take care of......some people might find it more advantageous to not have the car in their name...(just my own way of doing things).

If in CM check out Expat Auto.....They gather required documentation for sales after the fact.....Floor & advertise and sell forwarding on the proceeds....Of course I'm sure they get a percentage but it's a clean way to go....Cannot vouch for other similar places but these folks consistently get good comments.....