Kodi

andyrichards

Early this year, I bought an Android TV Box (KR-42, aka CS-918) and tried KODI on my True ADSL internet (Bangkok) I could never get it to work well despite several "Fresh Starts". Finally, I gave up, blaming my problems on my poor ADSL and decided to try pay services like "ILIKEHD" and "USTVNOW". They worked much better, usually about 80% of the time I am able to watch without repeated buffering or freezes.

This got me to thinking: why did Kodi not work and the pay services did, using the same line?

I decided to try installing Kodi on my laptop (Win 8.1) instead of the Android Box using InfinityTVAddons and to my surprise, it has been working very well, about the same as the pay services did, around 80%. Not as convenient to quickly find and start watching a particular program as the pay services which have easy to use program menu's but free with a huge selection of content. I do usually have to watch content at 780P or sometimes even less. 1080P almost always has buffering issues.

I have no idea why the laptop works so much better than the Android box did but it sure is worth the try for anybody experiencing difficulties with Kodi.

"Is it possible to download a version of kodi that has been already set up and works."

​"Set up and works" is a relative term. Setup to do what ? Kodi can do many things, stream media, catalog and play your movies, client/server, home automation etc. Its not that hard to setup a local video library, hdmi to your TV. Online tutorials/info on how to do.

What is it you want to do ?

"Is it possible to download a version of kodi that has been already set up and works."

​"Set up and works" is a relative term. Setup to do what ? Kodi can do many things, stream media, catalog and play your movies, client/server, home automation etc. Its not that hard to setup a local video library, hdmi to your TV. Online tutorials/info on how to do.

What is it you want to do ?

I want to watch live UK tv and live sports like sky sports ect.

There are a few add ins for UK tv, as above.

They come and go. And some still VPN etc.

Try LiveStream TV, AN Android app. Not a Lodi addon

I use it for BBC, ITV etc.