More than 100,000 illegal foreigners rounded up since October 2015

webfact

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I often wonder about all those Africans one sees hanging around the soi 5 area , they are obviously not normal tourists. A couple of the have offered me drugs in the past.

Thank god you're not in the EU. Of course those are all just normal tourists! To think otherwise would be racist. crying.gif

"A couple of the have offered me drugs in the past."

When you go into a bar "owned" by an ex-pat and his Thai partner, I think it's impolite to NOT offer you drugs, alright.

But that's different! Those are "legal" drugs.

I'm sure with your GREAT RESPECT for The Law, you would never get intoxicated on LEGAL DRUGS and then get into your car or on your bike and ride off.

Right, 555

"A couple of the have offered me drugs in the past."

When you go into a bar "owned" by an ex-pat and his Thai partner, I think it's impolite to NOT offer you drugs, alright.

But that's different! Those are "legal" drugs.

I'm sure with your GREAT RESPECT for The Law, you would never get intoxicated on LEGAL DRUGS and then get into your car or on your bike and ride off.

Right, 555

Thai Visa members are different.

so theyre admitting their border control is total <deleted> then, combine that with their bribable immigration officers and you have a terrorist and criminal hideout.

The kid who works for me said its easy to get into Thailand....just pay a bit, hes Myanmar.

It's probably just as easy to get in Myanmar or Laos.. But who would wanna go there?

That's a nice start, but I wonder what the total would be for over stayers and those working illegally as DN's?

I'm sure the police will be busting down my door any moment now to stop me updating my wordpress blog and spending my Paypal profits in Thailand.

Even bitter farangs complain about this.. No country in the world will allow you to stay illegally..

If it lets you bribe your way in, and bribe your way out of capture, then actually yes it does allow it. Need to add 'for free' or 'without making a profit off your existence' to the end of your post.

Even bitter farangs complain about this.. No country in the world will allow you to stay illegally..

If it lets you bribe your way in, and bribe your way out of capture, then actually yes it does allow it. Need to add 'for free' or 'without making a profit off your existence' to the end of your post.

Hmmmmm A true story. Mid 90's, suburban Melbourne (Aust). Below my Restaurant there was an English Pub, in a part of Melbourne that had the highest population of Ex Pats from the UK in Australia. There were no shortages of Poms, Taffs, Jocks and Paddies from all over the UK. I drank there EVERY day of the week, and alot of nights for four years. It was a bit of an education really.

Simon, a small, young blonde headed Brit, from London, and a bit of a lad, was sharing a flat with a mate from Yorkshire, John. They were a good pair to have an ale with. Alas, John's fiance arrived from England and moved into the flat with the pair of them. One thing led to another an Simon finished up get his leg over John's girlfriend. Simon being Simon told a couple of blokes at the Pub and soon it was getting around like wildfire within the Ex Pat Pub Community.

Simon was working full time in a nearby suburb as a welder at a factory building Trays for trucks. He had been employed there full time for a few years. He paid tax and Superannuation every week, he had a Medicare Card, the lot. He was at work one day not long after the news started getting around the pub, when a team of men entered the factory and blocked off all the exits. Simon was summoned to the office where a few 'men in suits' were waiting for him. Immigration/Police. He was arrested and taken to the migrant hostel detention centre to await deportation!

Whilst incarcerated Simon struck up a conversation with one of the suits and asked him how they got him. So he told him.

John's girlfriend knew Simon was illegal jumped on the phone and grassed him up.

Her name was mud in the Pub. And the wedding was off too.

The bloke in the suit said they didn't care about the likes of Simon and they would never have ever bothered to hunt him down and send him home. He was paying tax and doing all the right things and was never in trouble with the law. But. If some one dobs you in, then as he said, they HAVE to act. And that was it. A few days later Simon flew out. Back to the UK. They told him he was welcome to come back in a couple of years.

I don't know whether it is still like this in Australia, but I just thought I would tell youse.

It was an education seeing how an Ex Pat Community lived and socilaised. Probably why I avoid them here.

I seriously doubt those figures

It would suggest a high degree of efficiency from the thai authorities

Even if it only cost 1000 baht to process each individual, 100,000 would mean the government spent 100 million baht on this

I have a nice calculator I can sell you if you want. It would be 10 million not 100 million

Don't think I want to buy any of your calculators. 1,000 X 100,000 = 100,000,000

So they take your shoes and give you a free T Shirt.

Like everything legal in Thailand, somewhat of a joke - insufficient monetary payment to immigration officials is cause for distress, a consolatory prize of a fluro tee-shirt + face mask. Seriously you've got to have a laugh at them, their systems and least of all the mentality; thanks to the lack of underpinning effort.