Amazing Thailand - tourists get in on the hanging wire act

webfact

But we need lots of wires - what are the guys supposed to sit on while they're fixing the fault?

attachicon.gifwiremen IMG_3383.JPG

look at the savings,, no need for an expensive cherry picker truck...

A point,, usually only the top 4 are power lines,, all the wires below that, are telephone, data and wifi, fiber optics, etc etc.

Cherry picker? Who needs them!

building_safely_in_Thailand_1.JPG

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

first and foremost a salute to the technicians and engineers who

work around the jungle of electrical wires, live at that.

doubt they have any wiring charts; yet they manage to get the system going

and maintain it.

this is a serious infrastructure issue which will only be solved with huge

financial and technical resources.

A proper mix of mains, communication and TV cables tight together is a must at Koh Samui, how else shall the service engineers reach up to reconnect the hi-power lines..?whistling.gif

attachicon.gifwIMG_9059w_hi-power-wire.jpg

And yes, this one at the entrance gate to Maenam China Town, gave some incredible nice Chine-style firecracker-sparks at all three phases...rolleyes.gif

a real hero this guy.

needs sound electrical knowledge and lots of guts

to work under these circumstances.

But we need lots of wires - what are the guys supposed to sit on while they're fixing the fault?

attachicon.gifwiremen IMG_3383.JPG

look at the savings,, no need for an expensive cherry picker truck...

A point,, usually only the top 4 are power lines,, all the wires below that, are telephone, data and wifi, fiber optics, etc etc.

Cherry picker? Who needs them!

building_safely_in_Thailand_1.JPG

Right !!! OSH in NZ would have a heart attack if they saw what goes on here...

'poor internet capability in many countries including Thailand'............Thailand shits all over Australia for infrastructure.Gates is full of bullshit.

Gates is full of it? I don't think so. That guy knows a thing or two. From the calibre of your comment, he probably even knows a thing or two more than you.

Guests in Thailand should mind their own business and make no negative comments on line about Thailand.

Go back to your home country and point your finger at all the Immigration and financial problems!

I really miss common sense...

Tourists are not guests. If I pay to visit somewhere, then I am entitled to complain if things are not right. I sometimes compliment too.

If things are wrong with my home country then I complain about that too, and do not risk arrest for voicing that opinion.

The elitist 'I paid to be here so I'm entitled' view YAWN.......

Guests in Thailand should mind their own business and make no negative comments on line about Thailand.

Go back to your home country and point your finger at all the Immigration and financial problems!

Tourists are not guests. If I pay to visit somewhere, then I am entitled to complain if things are not right. I sometimes compliment too.

If things are wrong with my home country then I complain about that too, and do not risk arrest for voicing that opinion.

The elitist 'I paid to be here so I'm entitled' view YAWN.......

Yeah, go back and complain about what is wrong in your own country. You are a tourist to visit and enjoy, not to tell everyone what you think is wrong with another country..

Usually the locals will have a herd time to find the way out of closed cupboard, but amazingly

they find and fix faults in those infamous " hanging wires of Thailand"......

Always easy to fix, they just put new and NOT remove the old ones, thats why its a mess, I removed already more than 20 cables hanging loose before my house, all from internet en phone

You don't ask guests to pay and foreigners pay a lot in Thailand. Maybe you should leave Thailand and get an education as it has been neglected so far. We are paying visitors and as such we are entitled to have a point of view.

How much do you pay in a year into Thailand? Probably a lot less than any foreigner pays

I sent pictures of the 'hanging wires' back to my Electrical Engineer friends back in the US the first day 'in-county'. 9 years later and I hardly notice. The novelty wears off quickly.

Edited by connda