Story of ‘big shot’ neighbors and their big-ass garage built on a public road goes viral

snoop1130

Story of ‘big shot’ neighbors and their big-ass garage built on a public road goes viral
By Coconuts Bangkok

post-249866-0-62811500-1467289354_thumb.
Photo: Pantip

Many of us have had a neighbor who violates public space in one way or another, but this woman has had it with her “big shot” neighbors decided to take over the village’s road and built their garage on it.

A Pantip user shared a story about a neighbor who isn’t afraid of the government’s warnings about violating public property… because they are the government.

"They say they are big shots because the wife works in the parliament and the husband is the former commander of Bang Yai police. They're not afraid of anyone," she wrote.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/06/30/story-big-shot-neighbors-and-their-big-ass-garage-built-public-road-goes-viral

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-06-30

Neighbour should build her own structure in front of theirs if it's free-for-all. Seriously though, this is quite common. Used to live in a nice moobaan and was friends with well to do Thai family who used to live in the States and now retired here. They owned the two houses opposite each other at the end of the soi and she thus claimed that the section of road in between belonged to them. Very nice, intelligent, softly spoken middle class people, but there was still this sense of entitlement despite all the years in the West.

We have one in Koolpunt Ville 5 CNX.

He has built a Carport over part of the Footpath where a couple of cars are parked, preventing other residents from using the footpath.

In usual Thai fashion, the Village Management has taken NO ACTION.

Very common thing for Thais to do I think. The same in our village in Chiangmai people claiming the public road as thier own and they refuse to pay for garbage collection/rates and think they are entitled to put thier garbage in my receptacle for collection.

Neighbour should build her own structure in front of theirs if it's free-for-all. Seriously though, this is quite common. Used to live in a nice moobaan and was friends with well to do Thai family who used to live in the States and now retired here. They owned the two houses opposite each other at the end of the soi and she thus claimed that the section of road in between belonged to them. Very nice, intelligent, softly spoken middle class people, but there was still this sense of entitlement despite all the years in the West.

A moobaan is not a public road so there might be different rules/laws there.

But i see the same going on in our moobaan, people are just very selfish and don't care at all for their neighbours or reputation. There are still good people though.

So the biggest problem is the government for not doing something about it ,my friend s neighbour takes over the road with junk and the amphur said we can't do anything because she knows a lot of people ,even though it's a health hazard and block a public road,the bin men won't / can't go down the road ,

In the 100+ house village I live in just about everyone has turned the PUBLIC footpath in front of their houses into a flower garden. Sometimes it is trees planted and it makes it very difficult for the water and electric meter readers to do their job.

SELFISH, SELFISH, SELFISH people.

Lived in house that has a nice park across the road from me. One day these two guys who live about 5 house away from me. Come

and build this huge structure made from metal pipes. It was 4 meter by 6 meters rectangular shape and 2 meters high.

Every night they would bring 20 bird cages at 5 pm and leave them there until 8-9 pm. Then take them back home. They built it in the middle were the kids would play. When I complained to the Housing association; they asked me. " Why you don't like birds " ! TIT

It's at the end of the Soi so it's not blocking traffic, his neighbours have every right to park under it too, in fact anyone can - so he basically built a shelter for everybody. Typical Thai kindness.

Any law in Thailand means nothing as it is written.The law a tool to be used by those in charge to be used against their enemies as they see fit..How about a late night fire ?

A small soi used to run right round 2 sides of our property. Our perimeter wall follows its line. A wealthy and connected bank manager bought the land opposite across the soi and quietly incorporated 50m of soi into his land, building across it. The whole village community, including those who used to use the soi could see what was happening but not a soul said anything to the authorities. The bank managers land is now up for sale, no doubt at a higher price as it is quite a bit bigger than before. The new owner may get a shock some day when the land office come to find out what happened to the public road!

Another self-centered, pathetic, scumbag ar$ehole.

...who has totally forgotten the Thai-way-of-thinking and social status – Sakdina – should never complain about higher social level government employed people, who "by Law" has more rights than plain citizens and peasants.thumbsup.gif