Nicest condo to live in Chiang Mai 2016

baywatch82

how much are the fees?

Last year, the owners voted to raise them to about 53 Bhat per Sq. meter.

the owners were no consulted when the cam fees were almost doubled. Many owners are bailing out and trying to sell

CAM fee increase has to be passed at a general meeting. how can that be done without majority of owners' consent?

needs 50% of owners votes but many condos do not follow the Condo Act

Karnkanok 3.

All the top level condos are two levels, providing a lot of space feels more like a house than a condo once you are inside great if you are living in it yourself, management is good, on site maintenance man, in leafy but central area, pool, sauna, gym. Only negative for me is plane noise.

4e0c4bb5-1326879718-d_pic.jpg

DSC_6158.jpg

post-160055-0-57657200-1467525179_thumb.

Edited by wisemonkey

Just checked your Karnknok 3 place on chiangmaipropertis.com website.
Prices are very reasonable for the location/size/facilities.

How much is condo fee there per sq.m. ? How about electricity and water rates ? How about parking availability ?
I admit that airplane noise might be a problem for me. On the map this condo seems to be directly on the path.

It's actually interesting to see chiangmaiproperties.com website. You can search there by a condo name, and see the listings for particular condo building.
Interesting that condos, mentioned before as a really good ones, such as Floral, Punna, Twin Peaks, Rimping, have just very few listings (1-2) and are really expensive. That also means something.

why live in a condo if it's not central like Punna, Nimmana, Sky breeze the resort is ok but location terrible in my opinion. Jed Yod is better but still not ideal location if I were to rent Id rent a house if you want peace or buy a condo which is central if you want city life.

The condo fees are 35 baht per sqm. Water and electric at gov rates.

Your main problem will prob be trying to find one for sale in foreign name, foreign quota met, Im actually looking for another one to buy as well, i love the duplexes on the fourth floor but been a while since ive seen one for sale:

why live in a condo if it's not central like Punna, Nimmana, Sky breeze the resort is ok but location terrible in my opinion. Jed Yod is better but still not ideal location if I were to rent Id rent a house if you want peace or buy a condo which is central if you want city life.

So what if I am foreigner, so I can not buy a house, and I also don't want to rent anything because I plan a long stay, and I don't like a city life ? lol

Then... condo not in a central location seems right.

To be honest, I don't mind city life, but having a car and living for example at Nimman must be a nightmare.

So what if I am foreigner, so I can not buy a house, and I also don't want to rent anything because I plan a long stay, and I don't like a city life ? lol

Then... condo not in a central location seems right.

To be honest, I don't mind city life, but having a car and living for example at Nimman must be a nightmare.

Im a foreigner... I own a house (usufruct) and a condo and I live on NIMMAN and its pure bliss... what nightmare??? I drive a car and ride a bike where is the nightmare? condos do have parking you know

Im a foreigner... I own a house (usufruct) and a condo and I live on NIMMAN and its pure bliss... what nightmare??? I drive a car and ride a bike where is the nightmare? condos do have parking you know

Oh well, owning a house in Thailand is a risk that I will not take. And whatever you think... yes it is a risk as this is never 100% yours.

And let's be honest, you probably don't use your car much, mostly motorbike, right ? I have to go to work every day and do couple of other businesses. Getting in and out of Nimman area is not a pleasant experience for me, especially at peak hours.

When did the Nimman/ Suthep area become "central"? you might want to look at a map of Chiang Mai. Add to that the problem that that whole area is a nightmare to get into or out of due to traffic. There's a reason people who live around Nimman rarely come into town proper, and that's because it's too hard.

When did the Nimman/ Suthep area become "central"? you might want to look at a map of Chiang Mai. Add to that the problem that that whole area is a nightmare to get into or out of due to traffic. There's a reason people who live around Nimman rarely come into town proper, and that's because it's too hard.

well fair point but culturally etc. Nimman area definitely IS the place to be even if it's technically geographically not 'center'. personally i have lived in many areas of CM and, technically, maybe Thaepe is 'center' but would anyone want to live there with all the backpackers etc.?

Oh well, owning a house in Thailand is a risk that I will not take. And whatever you think... yes it is a risk as this is never 100% yours.

And let's be honest, you probably don't use your car much, mostly motorbike, right ? I have to go to work every day and do couple of other businesses. Getting in and out of Nimman area is not a pleasant experience for me, especially at peak hours.

of course, technically, you never own it but with a lifetime 'usufruct' your name can be on the chanot (as mine is) and to all intents and purposes you own it and you will get far more 'value'

so i stick with my aged advice - central buy a condo, rural buy a house - good luck anyway

The original "Old City" was a 550 sm square, with a moat, whose center was Wat Suan Dok, about 300m from Nimman/Su Thep intersection.

Why would you you not want to live by the sea. CM stiffling some parts of the year.

The sea in Thailand general attracts the worst of the worst, both Thai and foreigner. Been there, done that. Too mercenary for me.

you are right Nimman is terrible peak times as is all of Chiang Mai if you require to travel to your work, peak times, live NEAR your work. Maybe tell us where your work is located and names of suitable condos in that area could be shared?

Sansiri Projects - next to Central Mall, easy access to all roads and airport , and the landscaping and the pool / jacuzzi is simply put heaven.....very little people staying in these complexes....and its quiet really quiet !

Don't they sell things things basically as shells? After purchase the renovation/interior construction starts?

Edited by mesquite

the units comes with a furnished option and it's nice or you can do it yourself as well...the main construction is completed ...for Dcondo Sign, it's occupied although by night when you count the lights ...i believe lonely 15% is occupied and hence a very quiet development to live in, no crowded pools and the pool is easily the biggest in Chiangmai condos I have ever seen...it's even bigger than the pool in Shang / Meriden.

Dcondo Nim next door has just completed its construction and open for sale.

The landscaping is beautiful ...Sansiri does it really well and the maintenance of the estate is great / gym is nice sized and all equipment new

The original "Old City" was a 550 sm square, with a moat, whose center was Wat Suan Dok, about 300m from Nimman/Su Thep intersection.

Source?

(I know there was a walled area at Suan Dok, and some of it actually remains, as well as in some other places like off Huay Kaew near the zoo and the exercise ground) But were either of those an original old city, with the name Chiang Mai?