Police raid Alaina Massage Spa hunting owner for alleged human trafficking

rooster59

I don't suppose, if the police are closing businesses for human trafficking, that they could present as justification some evidence of human trafficking at these particular places

I realize the Nattaree establishment was basically caught red-handed. But since then, there has been very little in the way of offenses detected.

It's not difficult. Undercover cops go in, find some underage or illegal immigrant girls, make a few notes about names and faces, and come back later to make arrests of managers.

Do the Thai police actually do this kind of investigative work? It all seems to be high profile raids as sort of a photo op for some decorated commander; and lately it seems to be yielding nothing in the way of arrests. I don't suppose this is all staged.whistling.gif

Where can i sign up as the undercover customer agent? I be committed n go the extra mile

This was alleged human trafficking,we will see what credible evidence can be obtained if any.

The USA just last month took Thailand off the watch list for human trafficking & hopefully these places prove to not be guilty of this, & can reopen for our great pleasure.

so... what is the human trafficking charge based on in this case?

spoken like a true bar stool commando on r&r , if you have to ask ...then that alone is evidence you may be complicit in trafficking . those very young bar girls you lure at ..... well , the are young , 16-18 . at that age they do not have the wisdom god gave 2 dead flies . that is why they call you hansom man . ehhh.... we all know you are not , kinda butt ugly in fact . lost causes and time , i will never get this 4 minutes back .

Edited by mikiea

It is possible, that the authorities see the major new player in the tourism industry as the Chinese, and they are making a concerted effort to clean up the country, in regard to the sex industry. I have seen a push away from that, in Samui, Phuket, and in Chiang Mai already. Hundreds of bars have closed, and the ones that remain are not quite the same as they used to be. Very, very few of the Chinese tourists frequent these establishments. Same goes for the Russians.

Just pointing it out as a possibility. It kind of makes sense, when you look at what is going on countrywide.

a fair enough assumption. seeing many beer bars closing and the girls disappearing in pattaya. my guess is less bar frequenting western men coming to here and more girls plying their trade online. seems the internet is the way of the future.

I don't suppose, if the police are closing businesses for human trafficking, that they could present as justification some evidence of human trafficking at these particular places

I realize the Nattaree establishment was basically caught red-handed. But since then, there has been very little in the way of offenses detected.

It's not difficult. Undercover cops go in, find some underage or illegal immigrant girls, make a few notes about names and faces, and come back later to make arrests of managers.

Do the Thai police actually do this kind of investigative work? It all seems to be high profile raids as sort of a photo op for some decorated commander; and lately it seems to be yielding nothing in the way of arrests. I don't suppose this is all staged.whistling.gif

You nailed it.

The police officers who raid the places are more or less being forced or compromised in a manner such that it is in their best interests to create a public show and spectacle rather than do what you are pointing out.

Yes indeed they could perform well orchestrated under cover investigations to prove that there exists or does not exist any human trafficking occurring or under age girls or coerced sex or sexual indebtedness occurring.......like that....but they choose to publicize the investigations by way of staged raids that are believed to appease the public and entertain the international press.

Thing is...most people know what is really going on or they certainly have a sense of this not being right in the manner in which they are going about it and a fine example of a witch hunt and good intentions run amuck...in regards to certain aspects of what the police are actually doing while their motives are not sincere while their efforts are not on behalf of any of vulnerable victims caught up in Human trafficking.

The police can do this on there own and there never has been any need at all for outside influences to force or coerce or demand or be threatened with reprisals in respect to the police properly regulating such business enterprises relevant to human trafficking and the other unsavory aspects of prostitution in practice.

But, that is not the case because the police are interconnected to what is allowed to go on while they turn a blind eye to what goes on and plead ignorance and any number of other plausible excuses ....all because they receive revenues from such operations and they do not want to shut down the flow of money.

They could have done this a long time ago and work with the owners of such establishments telling them you can legally operate in our police jurisdiction and we will tolerate you...but here is the list of what is not going to happen under our watch because if it does happen and we are held accountable it is you that will be neck deep in shit ..not us.

But the police do not care ..they really do not...while what ever makes money and sustains the flow of money into their hands is OK by them and tolerated.

Cheers

That's another 50 (presume 10 were absent) hookers with no job and no hope of getting hired by another soapy in crackdown season.

Anyone want to invest in a thai freelancer grindr style app?

555 love will find a way.

It is possible, that the authorities see the major new player in the tourism industry as the Chinese, and they are making a concerted effort to clean up the country, in regard to the sex industry. I have seen a push away from that, in Samui, Phuket, and in Chiang Mai already. Hundreds of bars have closed, and the ones that remain are not quite the same as they used to be. Very, very few of the Chinese tourists frequent these establishments. Same goes for the Russians.

Just pointing it out as a possibility. It kind of makes sense, when you look at what is going on countrywide.

Yet in Pattaya brand new "massage parlours" are springing up where all the signage is in Chinese! Go figure.

One must be able to distinguish the difference. Those new shops are all straight massage shops. Gals wearing uniforms is usually the first hint. That is what the Chinese are looking for.

Well, prostitution is quite popular in China so I guess Chinese people are not disturbed by the sight of it. I don't think it's the reason for the authorities' behavior. But you are right, they probably don't go to these bars as they are rather used to go to karaoke, massage, sauna, barbershop, etc.... Also unlike farangs, they can get plenty of young and pretty girls (probably more pretty than in Thailand) in their country for the same price or maybe cheaper. Add to this that most of them spend their time in groups following a coloured flag.... :)

Yet in Pattaya brand new "massage parlours" are springing up where all the signage is in Chinese! Go figure.

One must be able to distinguish the difference. Those new shops are all straight massage shops. Gals wearing uniforms is usually the first hint. That is what the Chinese are looking for.

Glad they are straight and not gay! (yes I know that's not what you meant)

I haven't been in either type (really I haven't) but if the Chinese don't want happy endings and brothels that's fine. I guess they come to Pattaya for the clean air and pristine beaches then.

He said the raid came after police’s investigation found that the entertainment venue has financial linkage with the nearby Nataree massage parlour on Ratchadapisek Road.

Did they use the same beer mats??? gigglem.gifgigglem.gifgigglem.gif

I haven't been in either type (really I haven't) but if the Chinese don't want happy endings and brothels that's fine. I guess they come to Pattaya for the clean air and pristine beaches then.

They come to Pattaya for the spectacular coral reefs, and the pristine water, with tremendous visibility. And the sparkling white sane beaches. They are lured by the delicious, inexpensive food. And the gleaming shopping districts, with all of the designer labels. And of course the area is renowned for efficient, very competent police, and very little crime.

LOL. No idea why they come. If not for the girls?

They come to Pattaya for the spectacular coral reefs, and the pristine water, with tremendous visibility. And the sparkling white sane beaches. They are lured by the delicious, inexpensive food. And the gleaming shopping districts, with all of the designer labels. And of course the area is renowned for efficient, very competent police, and very little crime.

Nor me, but I get the idea it is a bit of a mystery tour. they probably sign up for "5 days in Thailand, all inclusive tour" and Pattaya is where they end up because there is loads of vacant hotel rooms here and plenty of "side tours" to fleece them with. Once they are here they just follow the girl with the flag.

Nor me, but I get the idea it is a bit of a mystery tour. they probably sign up for "5 days in Thailand, all inclusive tour" and Pattaya is where they end up because there is loads of vacant hotel rooms here and plenty of "side tours" to fleece them with. Once they are here they just follow the girl with the flag.

I must admit, I am not a tour person. I much prefer traveling on my own, with my woman, or with a couple of friends. I do not get the whole tour thing. I understand the desire to travel cheaply, and some of these tours are very inexpensive. But, following around the "tour leader" all day? Now we are going here. Now follow me there. Sounds a bit stifling. My guess is that the same people who go on these group tours, are the same people that go on budget cruise ships. It is all done for you.

Few more of these photo ops and that's human trafficking extinct. Can go back to normal where it still happens but America is eternally appeased.

Almost every day that passes sees another reason to be disappointed in America. It seems they don't care that they are the most despised nation on the face of the planet, they blithely go about their business .comfortable in their own fantasies of being 'the world's policeman', 'the Land of the Free' etc etc.

Not my view. My view is that they're delusional and very, very dangerous.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

Say what you will, but were it not for the U.S. State Department's annual human rights report on countries around the world and the international attention those reports generate, Thailand probably wouldn't even be doing the little that they actually are doing.

I don't see many other countries around the world doing anything to press for improvements in human rights internationally. What have your home countries done lately to try to improve the human rights situation in Thailand?