Local resident hits the jackpot with B5 million lottery win

rooster59

Local resident hits the jackpot with B5 million lottery win

Eakkapop Thongtub

post-247607-0-84881000-1467443701_thumb.
The winning ticket was registered to Sasina Nukeaw. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A woman has won the first prize of the government lottery, a total of B5 million.

Sasina Nukeaw is 40-years-old and hails from Srisunthorn sub-district in Thalang. She registered her ticket with the Cherng Talay Police Station today (July 2).

In Thailand, lottery tickets are drawn twice a month, which are the first day of the month and the 16th. Every ticket costs B80 and needs to purchased from agents, who receive the tickets from retailers. Sasina said she purchased her winning ticket from Ban Kien market in Thalang.

Lottery tickets come in pairs, and have six-digit numbers on them. It is not possible to purchase single tickets. Sasina’s winning lottery number, released yesterday, is 082460. She has two tickets, so she can claim both winning prizes of B3 million and B2 million, giving her a total of B5 million.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/local-resident-hits-the-jackpot-with-b5-million-lottery-win-58099.php#3yhhOBOWbHmoyivk.97

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-07-02

Here's a guy who's going to have all of a sudden a 1,000 relatives and friend he didn't knew he dad,

coming out of the woodworks

with their hands starched out, if I were him, I run away and hide for few months and let everyone

forget me......

Story says it's a she. But you never know around here.

More specifically:

PHUKET: A woman has won the first prize of the government lottery, a total of B5 million.

Foreigners not allowed to claim a prize

So, if a Thai were to buy a ticket in another... civilized country and the were to have the winning numbers but were refused the prize, I have a feeling someone at the UN would be shouting about Racism.

The real answer is,

The Thai State Lottery

Anybody can play and win the state lottery in Thailand, you don’t have to be Thai. The results of the lottery are announced on the 1st and 16th of every month and prizes must be claimed within two years of the draw and they are subject to 0.5% tax.

f you a foreigner you can win and get paid, you are paid by a cheque. I hope this clears this up for many.

Foreigners not allowed to claim a prize

So, if a Thai were to buy a ticket in another... civilized country and the were to have the winning numbers but were refused the prize, I have a feeling someone at the UN would be shouting about Racism.

I doubt the UN would concern itself with lottery payments, but you're basing your rant on the incorrect statement that foreigners cannot win the lottery in Thailand. They can and do. So the UN won't have to call an extraordinary session to debate it.

Interesting how uncivil some people who think they're from civilized countries can be.

Someone has con going as its 3 million for each ticket not 2 million for the second part, Should be 6 million total.

Someone should realise that this is a 2nd hand news report, not a quote from the Government Lottery Office. There's no "con going on".

Has a farang ever won one of these?

when a farang have a win, its better not to go in person for having youre money,for example, i won 2000 baht and went to some office for my win, and they gave me 1840 baht, saying ,have to pay taxes, months later have win again 2000 baht and my lady went same office and returnes with 1960 baht, suprise suprise,what would it be when winning 5 milj ? ha ha

• 8 months later...
On 7/4/2016 at 0:48 PM, joskeshake said:

when a farang have a win, its better not to go in person for having youre money,for example, i won 2000 baht and went to some office for my win, and they gave me 1840 baht, saying ,have to pay taxes, months later have win again 2000 baht and my lady went same office and returnes with 1960 baht, suprise suprise,what would it be when winning 5 milj ? ha ha

Which ever way you were conned. 0.5% tax  is 10 Baht.

What a stingy system. How many play this lottery for 80 baht (over 2 euros) per ticket. The revenue alone must run into hundreds of millions, and the first prize is a measly 3 million? 

In the UK, this week the lottery is for 19,000,000 UKP (821,000,000.00 THB) which is quite low, normally can be a lot higher if a roll-over, and a ticket for about the same price as Thailand. The population of the UK is about the same as Thailand, so you figure it out!