Teen who fell to his death from fifth-floor balcony in Thailand will never be forgotten say pals in

rooster59

The police announced they found ketamine at the apartment.

Friends of the deceased on social networks say the police just assumed a powder was ketamine when it was electrolyte powder.

As the above poster stated, "Who to believe?"

It should be noted that one of the effects of ketamine is disruption and alteration of co-ordination and spatial perception. It becomes difficult to judge how near or far objects are and how to co-ordinate movements. So, for example, a simple exercise like stepping over a cardboard box which would be achieved every time when not intoxicated, is not achieved successfully when a drug user is under the effect of ketamine. Another example might be leaning on a balcony railing.

Before you google stuff, read what is written.

Friends of the deceased on social networks say the police just assumed a powder was ketamine when it was electrolyte powder.

Noted, but we don't really know, do we?

To assume makes an ass out of u and me.

"will never be forgotten" ..........6 months from now, What was his name?

Ouch!

Well, I have had friends who died tragic deaths while young and if they were close to me, I still remember them. If not, then not.

Edited by Jingthing

It should be noted that one of the effects of ketamine is disruption and alteration of co-ordination and spatial perception. It becomes difficult to judge how near or far objects are and how to co-ordinate movements. So, for example, a simple exercise like stepping over a cardboard box which would be achieved every time when not intoxicated, is not achieved successfully when a drug user is under the effect of ketamine. Another example might be leaning on a balcony railing.

Noted, but we don't really know, do we?

To assume makes an ass out of u and me.

I'm not assuming anything. Just saying we don't really know, especially with press reports about foreigner deaths in Thailand.

To add, being a religious kid doesn't necessarily mean not into drugs.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes, because people are always walking around with bags of Ketamine ...and it is so easy to confuse with electrolyte powder which is mostly salt and sugar ...how could one test that easily...I wonder???

And why would his (especially religious) friends want to cover for him???

Was he here in Thailand doing religious work with Jehovah's Witness? coffee1.gif

Why? Is it irrelevant to his death?

Are u gonna come up with the usual crap. 'Is he working without a work permit'

I've already explained why I posted that two times.

So stop harassing me.

It was a very on topic and reasonable question to understand what this boy was doing LIVING in Thailand.

A Jehovah's Witness? Here in Buddhist Thailand? Why is that relevent to his death? Was he here on a bible thumping 'mission'?

probably bent too far over the balcony handing out advice and bibles. What a load of rubbish.'never be forgotten' of course he will be forgotten,everybody gets forgotten,why should he care.

It is true that some countries do not report suicides, in an attempt to prevent a spate of copycats, but statistics are still recorded

That said, statistics depend on proper input and interpretation, and there is no doubt in my mind that some suicides are murders and vice versa, skewing results

attached is one source listing suicides per 100,000 people.... Other sources give different results... But in this one, the USA ranks 50th... Thailand ranks 56th... Australia ranks 63rd ( out of 170 countries)

Make of it what you will

post-249978-0-84642400-1467541637_thumb.

you were there in the rave years, wernt you?

i spent 2 hours trying to step over a 2 inch crease in a floor carpet at helter skelter, it was 1 of the most amusing things ive ever done, and 30+ gurners enjoyed it too.

Another one ! RIP young lad, balconies in Thailand are getting

nearly as dangerous as the roads,surely they need to make a

law,where all new builds have much higher rails.

regards worgeordie

Worgeordie - can't agree more- we had another rail put on our balcony - studio and adjoining corner - 12000 baht - thought it would be much more- now feels much safer- the tiles outside when wet- really slippy.

It's warm- you go out for a fag, look at the view , have a drink slip.

Is it the relatively low rails here, that is part of the cause of the disproportionate number of "balcony deaths" that happen here? Is there something about the place, that makes people want to take their lives? Ok, a bad joke, I know. But, one questions these things. Why do we keep hearing about these kinds of deaths? In the US, where there are far more balconies than here, one hardly ever hears about someone falling from a balcony. It is just peculiar, and makes you wonder.

Was he here in Thailand doing religious work with Jehovah's Witness? coffee1.gif

Why? Is it irrelevant to his death?

Are u gonna come up with the usual crap. 'Is he working without a work permit'

Good point if working for god or whatever JW's call him surley he wouldn't need a work permit.

You need to seek Professional Help !!

Probably the family were surprised an angel did not catch him or gods huge hand come down to stop his fall.

Why? I think its these JW people that need professional help.

Don't these people believe that God and Jesus are all seeing and all knowing, even knowing you thoughts and feelings? Don't they believe in heaven and an afterlife?

When they are here on missionary work they are preaching that stuff, telling people they can have a personal relationship with Jesus and he will answer their prayers and if people obey his rules and do as he tells them, then they will be rewarded with eternal happiness, joy and all eternity in Heaven with their lovely Lord and their loved ones.

So, according to them, it must have been Gods will. And now the boy is in Heaven, paradise, which is what they are all aiming for. So I don't know why they would think is sad or wrong that he died, unless they don't really believe in their religion after all.

regards worgeordie

Don't agree.

The farang skydiving artists can only be stopped when building(s) have no balconies and windows CANNOT be opened, period. For some unknown reason these farang all seem to have forgotten to bring their parachute or bungee cord. Maybe they're under the impression being closer to the equator that the air is thicker and you can walk on it, sort of like the Jew rebel pronounced Hesus misspelled with a J since they started compiling his goings on like walking on water, but it just so happen there were stones just under the water surface, oh well, you can't win them all.

Now in this case the BIBs are in a pickle with the reason(s),, this guy is a member of the Fragm (oh sorry) Brigham Young crowed, they can't pin the regular Drunk, Drugs, loose girls, etc. on them.

Maybe the BIBs can say, "He was walking praying and when you pray you must have your eyes closed, didn't notice were he was going and flip over the railing is was". Oh well it can happen to the best.

Another day another skydiver it will be hardly a day goes past TVN doesn't report on one.

regards worgeordie

Don't agree.

The farang skydiving artists can only be stopped when building(s) have no balconies and windows CANNOT be opened, period. For some unknown reason these farang all seem to have forgotten to bring their parachute or bungee cord. Maybe they're under the impression being closer to the equator that the air is thicker and you can walk on it, sort of like the Jew rebel pronounced Hesus misspelled with a J since they started compiling his goings on like walking on water, but it just so happen there were stones just under the water surface, oh well, you can't win them all.

Now in this case the BIBs are in a pickle with the reason(s),, this guy is a member of the Fragm (oh sorry) Brigham Young crowed, they can't pin the regular Drunk, Drugs, loose girls, etc. on them.

Maybe the BIBs can say, "He was walking praying and when you pray you must have your eyes closed, didn't notice were he was going and flip over the railing is was". Oh well it can happen to the best.

Another day another skydiver it will be hardly a day goes past TVN doesn't report on one.

Funny man.... But please don't bring us atheists into disrepute by writing poop. Either about the Christian messiah figure... Or skydivers

Historians seem to all agree that there was a man known as Jesus.... Wether he was a god figure or not, is debatable, and the spelling of his name is rather irrelevant... Use Merlin, if you like, but your reference seems to me to be of Spanish derivative, not Latin, Hebrew or Greek.... Languages common to that era

And skydivers oftentimes prefer "thicker" air... It's more supportive... For the practice of what is one of the safest "adrenalin" sports around.... Further.... Skydivers rarely ever commit suicide by jumping.... They have too much respect for the reputation of their passion (jumping out of perfectly good airplanes.)

Check facts and try to refrain from mockery, especially when referencing tragedies such as this, which are likely caused by, misadventure, mishap, poor architectural design, murder or actual suicides (fixed Windows and no balconies will not stop a jumper... And it's foolish to suggest otherwise)

Or provide links... As attached

Respect.... A harmless etiquette... Try it sometime.

post-249978-0-40805200-1467574944_thumb.

A sad and tragic loss of a young life.

I have lived in two houses with balconies that I used and of course, I've stayed in hotels with balconies. The balconies are really not built very high and it easy to fall if leaning over. Thais are shorter than most Westerners, so I am assuming balconies were built more to accommodate that stature. Thais are now getting taller, so I am a little surprised we don't see more of them falling.

Hmmmm.....Think about that.

I have been here for 28 long years and I have never read anything about a Thai person going over a balcony and falling to their death.

Not to say that it has never happened or maybe not reported, so how would we know, but think about the numbers.

70 million Thai citizens and at least 10,000 high rise buildings or buildings with 5 plus floors or more in the country while Thai people seemingly never fall over the balcony....rather every report we hear about is about a foreigner falling to their death from a balcony.

Strange....that so many Foreigners fall "over" the balconies when the Thais outnumber the foreigners by 1 to 100 while the percent of Thais living in high rises and tall buildings with balconies and high enough to cause death if you went over the edge would probably be 1 to 100 also.... or more...yet the we do not hear about Thais going overboard...only foreigners.

Did I mention that is strange ............and just a little bit concerning in some ways.

Cheers

Cheers

THE BIBLE STATES THAT SUCH-AND-SUCH IS THE TRUTH! [Chapter and Verse]

(The Bible also states that the opposite of such-and-such is The Truth!!) [Chapter and Verse] Check it out!

God dwells in light (1 Tim 6:16)

darkness (1 Kings 8:12

God is seen (Ex 33:23, Ex 33:11, Gen 32:20)

" " unseen (John 1:18, Ex 33:20, 1 Tim 6:16)

God rested (Ex 31:17)

" never rests (Is 40:28)

God sees everything (Prov 15:3)

" does not " " (Gen 18:20,21)

God knows the hearts of men (Acts 1:24)

" does not " " " (Deut 13:3)

God is all powerful (Jer 32:27, Matt 19:26)

" " not " (Judges 1:19)

David paid 50 shekels for the threshing floor (2 Sam 24:24)

" " 600 " " " " " (1 Chron 12:25)

David's throne was forever (Ps 89:35-7)

" " " not " (Ps 89:44)

Israel had 800,000 fighting men (2 Sam 24:9)

" " 1,100,000 " " (1 Chron 21:5)

Judah " 500,000 " " " - " " 470,000 " " "

David was tempted by the Lord to number the people (2 Sam24:1)

" " " " Satan " " " " (1Chron21:1)

David took 700 horsemen (2 Sam 8:4)

" " 7000 " (1 Chron 18:4)

Michal had no children (2 Sam 6:23)

" " 5 " ( " 21:8)

Abraham had 2 sons (Gal 4:22)

" " 1 son. (Heb 1:17)

Paul's attendants heard the miraculous voice (Acts 9:7)

" " " nothing ( " 22:9)

Christ = God ("I and my father are one." John 10:30)

" =/= " ("My father is greater than I." John 14:28)

That's just some to go on with. There are 144 in "Self-Contradictions of the Bible" by William Henry Burr (well, by God, really, if you believe some Christians, since it is nothing but Bible quotations) 1860, republished 1987 by Prometheus books ISBN 0-879975-416-8

The bible states that such-and-such is the truth.doc

THE BIBLE STATES THAT SUCH-AND-SUCH IS THE TRUTH! [Chapter and Verse](The Bible also states that the opposite of such-and-such is The Truth!!) [Chapter and Verse] Check it out!God dwells in light (1 Tim 6:16) darkness (1 Kings 8:12God is seen (Ex 33:23, Ex 33:11, Gen 32:20)" " unseen (John 1:18, Ex 33:20, 1 Tim 6:16)God rested (Ex 31:17)" never rests (Is 40:28)God sees everything (Prov 15:3)" does not " " (Gen 18:20,21)God knows the hearts of men (Acts 1:24)" does not " " " (Deut 13:3)God is all powerful (Jer 32:27, Matt 19:26)" " not " (Judges 1:19)David paid 50 shekels for the threshing floor (2 Sam 24:24)" " 600 " " " " " (1 Chron 12:25)David's throne was forever (Ps 89:35-7)" " " not " (Ps 89:44)Israel had 800,000 fighting men (2 Sam 24:9)" " 1,100,000 " " (1 Chron 21:5)Judah " 500,000 " " " - " " 470,000 " " "David was tempted by the Lord to number the people (2 Sam24:1)" " " " Satan " " " " (1Chron21:1)David took 700 horsemen (2 Sam 8:4)" " 7000 " (1 Chron 18:4)Michal had no children (2 Sam 6:23)" " 5 " ( " 21:8)Abraham had 2 sons (Gal 4:22)" " 1 son. (Heb 1:17)Paul's attendants heard the miraculous voice (Acts 9:7)" " " nothing ( " 22:9)Christ = God ("I and my father are one." John 10:30)" =/= " ("My father is greater than I." John 14:28)That's just some to go on with. There are 144 in "Self-Contradictions of the Bible" by William Henry Burr (well, by God, really, if you believe some Christians, since it is nothing but Bible quotations) 1860, republished 1987 by Prometheus books ISBN 0-879975-416-8

It's called having ones cake and eating it too.

A win win situation, for the bible bashers.... And if you do find a way to transgress, you simply go to confession... So really, a win win win situation.

And yet, still, in their millions, people believe this drivel.

I think it's because they don't actually bother to read the "good" book, instead preferring to be led, like lemmings to the cliff tops, by others they empowered to control their lives.... And laughably, the silly buggers don't even benifit from the plethora of waiting virgins, as offered by another main stream religion.

Duh!

Edited by farcanell