New form for ex pats in korat

ableguy

Hi guys , have read varying reports about this new intrusive form immigration are asking us residents to fill in, did my ninety day retirement on Friday June 30th at the Korat office, the guys who did it took less than five minutes for two of us ( me and a friend ) I asked about the new form and they told me they only want this when you apply for your annual extension.

I am a USA citizen my friend who I went with is a retired Brit, he had just received a form from the dept of pensions UK asking for a form to be be filled in by a recognized member of society, i.e. A doctor, lawyer. Police. Etc, to prove he is still alive supposedly so they are not pensions to some one who is dead, immigration would not do this, they told him go to tourist police in joho, which we did, they had never seen this form before and wanted it translated before they would sign, my friend told me several of his fiends had also got the same form so it would appear this was a mass mailing and will be a regular annual event. Not sure yet of the outcome.

My lawyer speaks and writes perfect English , husband USA , will talk to her ASAP if you need help pm me.

I received the same UK pension letter , I went to see a lady lawyer in Korat ( Korat Legal Law Office - I think her name was Mam ) and she sorted the form out , no problems . thumbsup.gif

yes mam is the person who will confirm your id.a good honest lawyer.

there is another form that is doing the rounds,its being sent from the tax dept.in the uk.they are checking people's tax status in the uk.and thailand,mam did this one for us.

so all you guys that claim a state pension which is not frozen and live in thailand they are checking your passport details in and out.

SO LOOK OUT.

The U.S. Social Security also sends out such a "are you still alive" form once a year, needs to be signed but not notoraized, and snailed back to them or your SocSec funds will be cut off. Don't know at what age it starts but I've been getting the form for a few years now. 70+

Some years ago, 15 or more, SocSec required the certain people actually present themselves to the U.S. Consulate in person to prove that they were still alive. Haven't heard of such since, probably too much of a bad reaction.

Mac

I applied for my annual extension of my Non o visa in Korat on June 21st and was told that the Korat office does not require the new form you are talking about.

I got the impression that they did not care for the idea of the new form being used in some other offices and will not require it if they can avoid it.

There was only one form to be filled out that was not required last year.

It is a form stating that you understand the consequences of overstaying your visa and only requires your signature.

As usual, the Korat Immigration office is being as cooperative and efficient as possible.

In many ways, we are lucky to live in the area we live in.

Most departments not know any thing about foreign forms (maybe english)

A little of topic But aussie Doctors said i need to get a T6 form from hospital (will they know what it is ) Oh yes they will

Oh no they didnt have a clue the only form they showed me was a Medical Cert

& i guess the only other one they have is a claims form for the insurance companies

On June 30th I got my extension of stay based on retirement and was not asked to fill out that form, although I had one filled out ready to give to them if they asked for it. I also gave them the TM30 form filled out by my wife saying I lived at her house. The officer handed it back, saying it was already entered in the computer. I imagine when he does your extension the address information goes in the computer, probably the same for 90 day reporting.

I received the same UK pension letter , I went to see a lady lawyer in Korat ( Korat Legal Law Office - I think her name was Mam ) and she sorted the form out , no problems . thumbsup.gif

This is the person I was referring to, not sure if they the mods would let me say her name as they may have considered it advertising..

The U.S. Social Security also sends out such a "are you still alive" form once a year, needs to be signed but not notoraized, and snailed back to them or your SocSec funds will be cut off. Don't know at what age it starts but I've been getting the form for a few years now. 70+

Some years ago, 15 or more, SocSec required the certain people actually present themselves to the U.S. Consulate in person to prove that they were still alive. Haven't heard of such since, probably too much of a bad reaction.

Mac

This form to me is really asking if your status has changed, i.e. Have you got married, have you changed citizenship, I believe if you marry your social security is reduced as your dependent wife can claim a widows pension, I would be happy if anyone can confirm this or reject it.

The UK form is an annual event and almost anyone with a stamp can sign as witness. Last year, my mooban site office estate manager signed and stamped it. This year a local pharmacist neighbour has signed it. I have 4 dogs and their vet can also sign. It seems that anyone with an official business address and stamp can sign, no need for expensive lawyers.

The UK form is an annual event and almost anyone with a stamp can sign as witness. Last year, my mooban site office estate manager signed and stamped it. This year a local pharmacist neighbour has signed it. I have 4 dogs and their vet can also sign. It seems that anyone with an official business address and stamp can sign, no need for expensive lawyers.

I was told that retired 'professionals' can also countersign that firm so fellow expats could possibly help?

The LIFE DECLARATION form that you are talking about is sent on a random basis to all persons in receipt of a UK state pension, including people still residing in the UK.

It needs to be co-signed by a person of authority as explained on the form, in particular importance for them is the authorising stamp.

Failure to complete means pension is withheld until they receive the completed form and then the pension is backdated.

Simple!!

I was told that retired 'professionals' can also countersign that firm so fellow expats could possibly help?

Problem is....they will send the form back to you if no company / formal stamp.

Mac

Filipinos receiving US Social Security aften have to show at the US Embassy SS office to prove they are still alive--I guess having over 50,000 pension recipients who are over 100 years old is suspicious

Problem is....they will send the form back to you if no company / formal stamp.

Their list includes retired personnel so how would that type of person have a (legitimate) stamp?

I know of un-stamped examples being accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if this is the form since I have never received one, but it seems likely

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj570/somchai3/FormBFront_zps0e64a656.jpg

Leaflet also sent with document

http://www.britishpensions.org.au/CF(N)701.pdf

Can someone confirm / deny this is what is being received?

Also this seems to cover most of the issues raised in this thread

http://blogs.angloinfo.com/angloinfo-world-money/2013/11/19/uk-state-pension-important-change-to-witnessing-of-life-certificates/

Also details from when it all first started in 2004 - Tells about all pensioners should be covered in the annual mailing over a 5 year period.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-1509548/Proof-of-life.html

Mac

What happens if you say no your are dead?

Mac

What happens if you say no your are dead?

Much wailing, wearing of ashes and rending of clothing..

Addition to my post, the tourist police did fill in the form for my friend and refused payment, however they made it very clear that they will not do this for anyone else, they say it's not their job probably because no person in the office seems capable of reading English.

Which is hardly a revelation after all it's only a tourist office and all tourists speak Thai.

The Thai lawyer I mentioned charges 260 baht and the form can be picked up after one hour., that's it from me folks I hear the fat lady singing.

I applied for my annual extension of my Non o visa in Korat on June 21st and was told that the Korat office does not require the new form you are talking about.

I got the impression that they did not care for the idea of the new form being used in some other offices and will not require it if they can avoid it.

It is a form stating that you understand the consequences of overstaying your visa and only requires your signature.

As usual, the Korat Immigration office is being as cooperative and efficient as possible.

Lucky there. In Sisaket they know and you have to give a lotof information. Mothers Name ,Fathers Name, Kopie from you Landlords ID Copy the renalcontract, Bankaccount, Email, Socialnetworks and on and on and on. Just happend to a friend for his one year extension.

Lucky there. In Sisaket they know and you have to give a lotof information. Mothers Name ,Fathers Name, Kopie from you Landlords ID Copy the renalcontract, Bankaccount, Email, Socialnetworks and on and on and on. Just happend to a friend for his one year extension.

I was asked to fill one in there (2 months ago) are they really didn't seem interested at all what I completed &/or marked N/A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I stated above, the Korat office is not doing this yet and I did get the feeling that they do not want to do it

I am sure that if mandated from above that they must do it, they will comply, but I think they will avoid doing it as long as they can.

It seems like a folly to me.

Hopefully they will drop it country wide before long.

Archived