Need To Lose Some Weight

jumbo

Hi

I am looking for either mediation or supplement that could help me lose some kilo's I

gained because I quit smoking recently

I understand that exercising would help as well and am starting that, but still I would

like something to help me lose the extra kilos' more quick

thanks

I am looking for either mediation or supplement that could help me lose some kilo's I

A somewht flippant answer, but I find I lose 3-5kg whenever I do a 10 meditation retreat :-)

Good for staying off the fags/booze too...

Can you elaborate on that a little

I have smoked for 30 years but found it no problem to quit

One day I just quit and only one time had a problem having dinner with friends and

they lit up afterwards...that was a little difficult..

Quiting drinking is not what I was planning to do.....I enjoy it to much and too much

J

When people say that you put on weight following giving up the fags is down just to eating more im afraid to say they are talking <deleted>.It has been proven that your metabolic rate alters greatly for a period following stopping and hence the weight gain.I myself put on 3 stone in a 3 month period and i can assure you i did not increase my eating during that period.How to get it off is an entirely different question and two years later im still trying :o:D

It might affect your metabolic rate, but the principle remains the same. Put calories in, burn calories off. It's not rocket science.

If you put more in than you burn off, you become a lardarse.

If you burn more off than you put in, you'll be thinner.

How hard is that?

One of the main reasons people put on weight when they give up smoking is that they start craving for food and they eat anything and everything. What they don't realise is they are craving certain vitamins and minerals that will help them thru the detox period. Good vitamin supplements and eating orange foods like carrot juice and orange juice will assist in lung tissue repair and aid in the food cravings

The other issue is that nicotine is a appetite suppresant so you will always eat a bit more when you stop smoking it just depends wha ttype of food you eat as to how much weight you put on.

Hi

I understand that exercising would help as well and am starting that, but still I would

like something to help me lose the extra kilos' more quick

thanks

I've just been reading a very practical guide about weight loss which gives info on exercise, types of food to eat. etc. It is written by a supplement company based in New Zealand that now has a regional office in Bangkok. I've been using their supplements for years and am now beginning to follow their weight-loss advice. No quick fixes as they simply don't work in the long-term.

I'll be happy to provide anyone with the website link if of interest. Just PM me.

Edited by smilingjim

• 2 weeks later...

i must have tried every diet pill going and nothing works.

i recently bought some stuff from New Zealand which is KELP ,claims you lose 1 ib a day...what utter rubbish.

i dread to think how much weight i would gain if i gave up smoking. :D

i gave up alcohol completely 2 years ago with no trouble at all but i did,nt lose an ounce of weight. :o

It's too bad losing weight wasn't as easy as gaining. I think the best thing you can do is eat a balanced diet and get some exercise. Don't over do it and try to run a marathon at first or you'll set yourself up for failure. Just get out and start moving. Aerobic type exercise is good for increasing your metabolism, but weight lifting helps burn calories even while your not exercising. Again, you don't have to over do it.

Quiting drinking is not what I was planning to do.....I enjoy it to much and too much

I think I’ve got the solution for you. Skip dinner three or four times a week, or every day if you can manage, but in the evening drink as much beer as you like. In fact, beer is quite nourishing, but you will lose weight just the same.

(Patent not yet applied for)

---------------

Maestro

I think I’ve got the solution for you. Skip dinner three or four times a week, or every day if you can manage, but in the evening drink as much beer as you like. In fact, beer is quite nourishing, but you will lose weight just the same.

(Patent not yet applied for)

---------------

Maestro

doesnt seem to work for me!!

It all depends also on your age...

Actually, what happened when you smoke is that the nicotine blocks your body from absorbing the required nutrient from your food. That is why you tend to gain weight whenever you quit smoking.

When your body is off nicotine, your body "wakes up" and starts craving to eat to compensate the lack of nutrient your body misses all the time you had been smoking.

First and foremost, you should cater to your nutrient-starved body with healthy food. Start with steamed, boiled and stewed; take lean meat (more chicken than beef/mutton/pork) and take more fish. Try avoiding sausages and frankfurters for a while and eggs twice a week only.

Dont forget your vegetables and plenty of fruits too and reduce salt and most of all, sugar. Fruits for dessert is better than cakes, ice-cream...

Exercise by talking walks.

Edited by roguegirl