Truck Drags Motorbike 1km Before Realising Rider Dead

webfact

Truck Drags Motorbike 1km Before Realising Rider Dead
Story by Albert Jack

pat99.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 1.30am, in the early hours of the morning on June 4, the police and Sawangboriboon medics were alerted to a serious accident on the Sukhumvit Road, close to the Wave Inn Hotel, Pattaya.

One unidentified man, thought to be around 18 to 20-years-old, was lying dead in the road and a full kilometer further along the road a truck had pulled up with a blue Honda Wave motor cycle embedded in the back wheel.

The driver, forty-six year old Patiphat Fug-ngeun, told officers he had left Sriracha, heading to Sattahip, and a group of Wan boys (motorcycle racers) passing him.

Source: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/226695/truck-drags-motorbike-1km-realising-rider-dead/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-07-04

Another life lost, due to the i do not care attitude of most drivers here.

Sad loss for the young mans family.

1KM before driver realised, hard to believe.

I believe, looks like the rider went into the back of the truck at speed and the bike got lodged in there, with the rider dead on impact, how do you hit the rear of a truck on a well lit road ? hardly the truck drivers fault, unskilled kids out racing for a thrill possibly on drugs not hard to understand. Seen it many times and have said to myself - now there's an accident waiting to happen.

RIP

The bike driver did not "hit the rear of the truck". He was likely run over and got stuck to the back wheel.

As for "driving standards"... if the deceased was indeed a street racer, it's more like not having these suicidal games.

I've seen such bike street racing taking place at night along a (almost deserted, hopefully) stretch of road near Pathum Thani and it was fascinating to watch. In a sense that you sense imminent death and you can't help but eeringly admire how these young guys (some must have been 15-16 I think) have absolutely no fear of death.

Edited by Lannig

The bike driver did not "hit the rear of the truck". He was likely run over and got stuck to the back wheel.

So how would you explain the motorbike being lodged vertically in the rear of the truck chassis and not crushed or "stuck to the back wheel"?

yeah right,

trying to hit and run but after 1km realized it was futile.

Then come the lies.

coffee1.gif

Yeah right. Trying to speculate irrationally and not realising it is futile. Read the link and look at the photos.

Makes me doubt evolutionary theory. One would think with the idiots removing themselves from the gene pool we would be left with cautious and sensible drivers by now. I guess driving is not a hereditary characteristic.

As for "driving standards"... if the deceased was indeed a street racer, it's more like not having these suicidal games.

I've seen such bike street racing taking place at night along a (almost deserted, hopefully) stretch of road near Pathum Thani and it was fascinating to watch. In a sense that you sense imminent death and you can't help but eeringly admire how these young guys (some must have been 15-16 I think) have absolutely no fear of death.

"have absolutely no fear of death. "

there is nothing in the rider or driving education system here to teach these hoons the difference between their selfish attitudes compared to most other regular road users who are forced to share the roads with these punksbah.gif

As my Thai wife would state: Another oxygen thief gone. Another of those pesky street racers.

Near our home we witness many crazy young racers acting with no regard for theirs and others lives........

only to see or learn that a number of them meet their ends on the same streets.

More evidence of little or no parental or school training in their young lives. So sad.

Sukhumvit is not 'well-lit'. Some stretches have many lights out. Coming back from Pattaya after midnight twice a week I see lots of youths tearing past; some with no rear lights. If there were any police not scared of the dark, they'd make a mint by checking backlights.

So how would you explain the motorbike being lodged vertically in the rear of the truck chassis and not crushed or "stuck to the back wheel"?

Totally agree with "gdgbb"...Some of these trucks exhaust systems are so LOUD it would be next to impossible to hear any abnormal noises. Also the truck windows may have been closed and A/C on.......May the kid RIP402.gif

Admire ????

Are you nuts !? coffee1.gif