Dual monitors error message "Didn't detect another display"

Nayet

Both of my monitors are working fine, but the same picture is just being duplicated. The point of this setup is obviously to get an extended picture rather than having two monitors showing the same thing. The problem is, when I go to display settings, only one monitor is detected, which is not even technically true since both are lit up.

The computer is an HP Pavilion 550-152I, and the monitors are running off of HDMI cables (the computer has two HDMI outputs).

I have checked the display settings both by right clicking on the desktop and by going through the Control Panel, but neither is detecting a second monitor.

I have tried updating display adapter drivers via the device manager, but it made no difference.

Any suggestions?

I should add that my machine is running on Windows 10.

Someone else had the same issue here http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/55224-dual-monitors-error-message-didnt-detect-another-display.html so try what it says in post #2:

"Have you tried the Windows Key + P to access the dual monitor setup? You might be setup as duplicate rather than extend."

I've just proved it works on my dual monitor system (which is NOT an HP, BTW) however that IS the standard W10 procedure.

Oh...and hint....... Google is your friend! whistling.gif I happened to know this but I found that particular thread by putting "HP Pavilion 550-152I" into Google

Do let us know.......

Someone else had the same issue here http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/55224-dual-monitors-error-message-didnt-detect-another-display.html so try what it says in post #2:

"Have you tried the Windows Key + P to access the dual monitor setup? You might be setup as duplicate rather than extend."

I've just proved it works on my dual monitor system (which is NOT an HP, BTW) however that IS the standard W10 procedure.

Oh...and hint....... Google is your friend! whistling.gif I happened to know this but I found that particular thread by putting "HP Pavilion 550-152I" into Google

Do let us know.......

Thanks, Google was my first resort, and the thread you linked to was posted by yours truly. I wanted to cast as wide a net as possible to get this resolved quickly, which I now have.

Unfortunately, as you can read in my last post at the tenforums, I am not sure what fixed it.

Do let us know.......

Thanks, Google was my first resort, and the thread you linked to was posted by yours truly. I wanted to cast as wide a net as possible to get this resolved quickly, which I now have.

Unfortunately, as you can read in my last post at the tenforums, I am not sure what fixed it.

Apparently no-one else does either! As long as it works, never mind! If you care enough, you may be able to uninstall "AMD Gaming Evolved," from Control Panel > Programs and Features

Do let us know.......

Every girl is a little bit different. FN and F 5 and you'll see the options you want to see.

Do let us know.......

Every girl is a little bit different. FN and F 5 and you'll see the options you want to see.

On a laptop, yes, but Google " HP Pavilion 550-152I" and see what the OP has

The clue is also where he says "(the computer has two HDMI outputs)"smile.png

Archived