Foreign People Marriage In Thailand

I and and my british boyfreind likes to get marry in Thailand?I am a Filipino and he is British..is it possible?please help us...

Do not know any details but I am sure it is. Looked at your photo and your boyfriend is a lucky man. Good luck to you two.

I would use a translation company that offers this service.

you will both need a "free to marry" affirmation from your respective embassies, then off to the translater and you can be married that day.

One point to realise, it's not a ceremony, it's more like a chat with an official at an amphur office, but it is a recognised marriage.

:o

Get a life...

I and and my british boyfreind likes to get marry in Thailand?I am a Filipino and he is British..is it possible?please help us...

Do not know any details but I am sure it is. Looked at your photo and your boyfriend is a lucky man. Good luck to you two.

You may want to check with your Embassy in Bangkok prior to making any plans as the paper from them is vital and the marriage can not take place without it. Not sure what they may require of you to obtain it so you need to know that information.

Note carefully the difference, as previously mentioned, in Thailand between a ceremony and the marriage registration.

You can have any kind of a ceremony you can get someone to put on for you. Many farang couples come here and have a Buddhist ceremony that has no legal implications. There are several Catholic Churches and I am sure the fathers would be happy to conduct a ceremony.

You can also get a piece of paper that says you are legally married without any ceremony at all.

What are you looking for?

TH

I (USA citizen) married my Filipina girl friend here a few years ago. It is much simpler to get legally married here than to do it in the Philippines. Once you get legally married here, you just go to the Philippine embassy on Sukumvite Road and they note the name change on your passport.

If you just have a ceremony here - even in a church - it is not a legal marriage, and will not be recognized by either the Thai government or the Philippine government or the UK. A ceremony is not necessay in Thailand. What is necessary is presenting the right paper work to the Thai officals. You can do it yourself. Just go to the web sites for the Philippine Embassy and the British Embassy.

I did not want to go through the frustration and hired a lawyer to make sure all of our papers were correct. I paid about THB 18,000. A friend of mine just did the same thing a month ago and it cost it about THB 16,000.

I (USA citizen) married my Filipina girl friend here a few years ago. It is much simpler to get legally married here than to do it in the Philippines. Once you get legally married here, you just go to the Philippine embassy on Sukumvite Road and they note the name change on your passport.

If you just have a ceremony here - even in a church - it is not a legal marriage, and will not be recognized by either the Thai government or the Philippine government or the UK. A ceremony is not necessay in Thailand. What is necessary is presenting the right paper work to the Thai officals. You can do it yourself. Just go to the web sites for the Philippine Embassy and the British Embassy.

I did not want to go through the frustration and hired a lawyer to make sure all of our papers were correct. I paid about THB 18,000. A friend of mine just did the same thing a month ago and it cost it about THB 16,000.

Oh yes . . .at the Philippine Embassy, you and your husband will have to fill out a form. It's not too bad . . .only takes about 20 min. The embassy then sends a copy to Manila: one copy for the Department of Foreign Affars Manila, and one copy for the Philippine Civil Register.

I don't remember how now, but we eventually got a copy stamped by the Philippine National Statistics Office. I think my wife got it or picked it up when she was in Manila. It was a few months after the marriage. The people at the Philippine Embassy here were very good in explaining what was necessary.

The US Embassy did not require me to register anything there. I don't know what the requirements of the UK Embassy might be.

Just go to the web sites. The information is quite clear.