Finding A Business Place In Chiang Mai

fanciman

If you're looking for an empty place to rent, where you can set up a shop from scratch, your best option will be cruising the streets during business hours and look for closed shops with a small sign with a phone number.

As opposed to existing businesses, empty shophouses for rent seldom make it to the brokers - at least not if they're on a location where you actually can expect reasonable walk-in business. They'll usually not remain vacant a long time.

Typical rent is 10-20,000 a month for a single, unfurnished shophouse with upstairs accomodations depending on exact location and (to a lesser extent) the number of floors above the shop

Edited by Cyberstar

Rental of shop can range far apart .. depending on location .. and of cos the kinda set up .. and the amount of space ect ect ect .. /

rental can be as low as 5000-30,000 .

but a average 8,000 - would get you a lower ok shop but not so good location ..

but a good location can be as high as 10,000 - 30,000 -

and of cos also depend alot if you are farang or local thai ..

get a thai person to hunt for you .. ( MUST BE ONE THAT YOU CAN TRUST )

if not chances is you get rip off monthly .. or get #$^&* anyway you know what i meant .

the type of bussiness also depend alot on what kinda location you need..

i love bussiness would be happy to advcie you for fun . and maybe know more people .

- choose wisely ..

most people who want to rent you their shop will tell you how good their place is .. and how cheap their rental is compare to others .. and also how rare the chances is for their shop and so on and so on ..

mostly bullshit .. ( rarely someone would sell their bussiness if it that good profit .. who worry about too much money i ponder )

anyway .. be smart and do your homework .. . see it yourself .. don't let seller power sale you their location .

good luck ..

if you need help Pm me

I am also looking for an office to move a section of our company. We will need about 40 desks, very good facilities and wiring for high-speed and vast quantities of internet. A good modern office with meeting rooms, and three to four smaller rooms as well as one large space. If anyone has any ideas (apart from the Airport Business Park, which we are looking at), then I would be grateful for feedback. Hopefully on the mountain side of town, as close to Nimmanhaemin Road as possible.

For you guys, looking for CM city properties for sale/rent, here's one of my bookmarks:

http://professionals.co.th/ENG/properties_searchE.php

the link is to shophouses, but the broker also has a few office-places on his listings. Use their search function as preferred.

Can't contribute much regarding office-spaces, but as a newborn shophouse owner in this city I've sort of adopted the hobby of keeping track of how the market evolves, just as I kept track of it in the about two years as a renter leading up to me making the jump to ownership - and yes, the market is steadily going up. Sofar just as inflation rate plus some percentages, but lately it seems like an acceleration is catching up (don't take my word for it though, make your own research).

Recently, some developer has completed a brand new building with 5-6 single shophouses on Ratchapakinai about 100 meters North of Ratchadamnern. They're all sold out, now, to Thais adverticing them for rent. Rental is 20,000 Baht per month - (Thai to a Thai on the phone, but unnegotiated).

Today I made a stroll down Sri Donchai. Never noticed anything (on a motorbike you've more important things to look out for than constructionworks) but I saw a brand new hotel with some sort of shophouse-arcade consisting of 15-20 single shophouses. Most were already occupied, but 5-6 right on Sri Donchai had for-lease-signs. Can't imagine rent would be less than 30,000 per month and wouldn't be surprised if it was 50,000 per month.

... oh, I better add: As far as the website listing of the "Professionals" goes - you can't rely on easychair research. Scrutinizing the 66 shophouses for rent/sale you'll end up with only about 30 different locations (e.g. 5 different "items" in the same building appears as 5 individual entries). Of the remaining 30 locations, quite a few had another kind of business going on than the one appearing on the photos, when I went by - indicating that they've already been sold ... A quite common thing among brokers is not to remove sold properties from their online-listings - the've got nothing to loose by keeping them there, but have a potential customer to loose if they remove them).