Iphone6 screen replacement

Hel123

The only place is an Apple store, foolish if you took it to one of those mall repair guys, Apple will charge around the 5000B for a new screen here in Australia doubt it would be cheaper there.

There were stories circulating not to long ago where phones were locking up due to non Apple repairs, you have a premium item dont take it to clowns to repair.

How many of the Apple iPhones sold here are real? A few years back I remember reading that the Apple store in the Avenue shopping mall here in Pattaya wasn't actually an Apple store at all. The GF bought a new iPhone 4 last October, I'm not sure where. Within six months the battery had gone. This week her iPhone stopped working again - yes, it needed another new battery. In spite of the Apple logos on them I doubt if some of these products are anything more than expensive knock-offs. My brother's had an iPhone 4 back in the UK for almost 3 years and the only problem he's ever had with it has been with the camera malfunctioning, he certainly didn't need a new battery twice a year.

How many of the Apple iPhones sold here are real? A few years back I remember reading that the Apple store in the Avenue shopping mall here in Pattaya wasn't actually an Apple store at all. The GF bought a new iPhone 4 last October, I'm not sure where. Within six months the battery had gone. This week her iPhone stopped working again - yes, it needed another new battery. In spite of the Apple logos on them I doubt if some of these products are anything more than expensive knock-offs. My brother's had an iPhone 4 back in the UK for almost 3 years and the only problem he's ever had with it has been with the camera malfunctioning, he certainly didn't need a new battery twice a year.

Are you saying that if the iPhone isn't real, then you needn't get a real screen replacement?

Makes sense. Very good.

Thanks for the info........

It's my sons iphone6 which was purchased in the UK but he dropped it and broke the screen....

I just thought that it may be cheaper to get it repaired here ?

However, he knows it's about £80 in the UK so he may as well wait until he returns back to the UK in 2 weeks....

I just thought he may get a bargain repair here but apparently not

Thanks anyway

H

• 3 months later...
Thanks for the info........
It's my sons iphone6 which was purchased in the UK but he dropped it and broke the screen....
I just thought that it may be cheaper to get it repaired here ?
However, he knows it's about £80 in the UK so he may as well wait until he returns back to the UK in 2 weeks....
I just thought he may get a bargain repair here but apparently not
Thanks anyway
H

No electronics "authentic" are cheaper here

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I have a iPhone 6 Plus there is only one company in Thailand who is authorized and they can be located as "ICare". 

Istudio will replace screen with aftermarket display hence no manufacturers warranty.  Cheaper to go to a Tucson independent merchant. Yesterday ICare quoted 5,500 baht and no more than 10 days with Original Parts to repair.

Dont be fooled by anyone else in Thailand.  I would gladly pay 1500 baht for a generic screen as my phone is no longer under warranty.