Thai public toilets - what a load of....

webfact

Thai public toilets - what a load of....

s3a.jpg

Image: CH3 Facebook

SAMUI: -- Channel Three TV reporters went to see for themselves what Thai public toilets were like after the issue was raised on social media causing much public comment.

They went to some loos in a public place that tourists frequent near the beach resort of Chaweng in Koh Samui.

And what they found would be unlikely to reassure the Thai public or visitors - the place was in an awful state and not just smelly either.

They found condoms, syringes and drug taking paraphernalia saying that the place was a danger especially to women and female foreign tourists.

A spokesman for the Samui local authority who have responsibility for the toilets at this site said they were aware of the problems and that the loo's location made it difficult to monitor. It had become a hangout for teenagers up to no good at night.

The doors had been locked at night but the locks had been broken and equipment and fittings inside had been damaged and removed.

There was some good news, however - a new block is planned in a better location nearby.

Comment online was loud and clear - Thai people complained it was not just this location but Thai public toilets are a national disgrace.

One person called Krittaput Beer commenting about the Samui toilets in question said: "I went in there once - never again. I go home now if I need to use the loo".

Source: CH 3 Facebook

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-06

Some pretty crappy ones can be found at the highway 7 food stop/rest area, the one many tourists stop on when coming from airport to Pattaya. Nice first impression. The ones at Chonburi gas stations are pretty horrible too, Shell being a bit better.

The best I've seen have been in Isaan gas stations, between Korat and Khon Kaen. Clean, farang seat and even a working bum gun. EXAT stops in BKK are in fair condition, too.

EDIT: came from the email newsletter, this seems to be in a local forum while the title is couyntry wide. Oh well.

Edited by DrTuner

The best one i have seen is near we live,it even has aircon!Very clean because the cleaners like to stay there ,nice and cool.

Near Cha-am opposite Santorini park,new gas station.

The only very clean ones I have seen are at SHELL Gas Stations.

PTT are very good and clean too.

Where I come from in Poole, England the local council are saving money by closing as many public toilets as they can.

They are asking shops, pubs etc to let the public use their facilities.

Edited by billd766

"A spokesman for the Samui local authority who have responsibility for the toilets at this site said they were aware of the problems and that the loo's location made it difficult to monitor." Another loser response avoiding responsibility.

"A spokesman for the Samui local authority who have responsibility for the toilets at this site said they were aware of the problems and that the loo's location made it difficult to monitor." Another loser response avoiding responsibility.

Another poster avoiding reading the full quote from the report...

"There was some good news, however - a new block is planned in a better location nearby."

Edited by gdgbb