DNA testing & birth certificate

lemonjelly

Perhaps PM SteveB2 about this post:

Other closely related stuff...

The mother needs to be careful about adding the name of the father to the birth certificate. If she adds the wrong fathers name (proven by mismatching parental DNA in the Police Forensic hospital report whistling.gif ) she is guilty of fraud, and will be subject to automatic criminal proceedings by the Thai government authorities. I am processing one of these actions now, and so I am not sure of what the penalties for the child's mother will be in this case - however, the government office took it all surprisingly seriously and have muttered stuff to me about the mother being likely subject to a short prison sentence and/or hefty fine. I'll be able to update the thread of the outcome in a few months time after the case has run the courts wai2.gif

i have been through this. dna test proved my son was mine 99.9998% but my name was not on the birth certificate. 2 years trying to get a new birth certificate which was a very hard time. in the end the best i could get was the original birth cert amended. good news is the nz govt accepted it and my son (and now daughter also) have nz passports. was a roller coaster ride i would not wish on anyone. PM me if you need more information.

i have been through this. dna test proved my son was mine 99.9998% but my name was not on the birth certificate. 2 years trying to get a new birth certificate which was a very hard time. in the end the best i could get was the original birth cert amended. good news is the nz govt accepted it and my son (and now daughter also) have nz passports. was a roller coaster ride i would not wish on anyone. PM me if you need more information.

For any one's interest:- My wife is an interpreter and translator and also works with and assists an excellent lawyer. For the last few years they have been dealing with changing birth certificates, DNA testing, etc. etc. and are especially experienced when it involves farangs.

Anyway if any one knows their way around the roller coaster ride that William refers to in the above post then my wife does, so if you need help then get in touch by pm and I will pass on her phone number.

HL

For any one's interest:- My wife is an interpreter and translator and also works with and assists an excellent lawyer. For the last few years they have been dealing with changing birth certificates, DNA testing, etc. etc. and are especially experienced when it involves farangs.

Anyway if any one knows their way around the roller coaster ride that William refers to in the above post then my wife does, so if you need help then get in touch by pm and I will pass on her phone number.

HL

wish i knew about her 5 years ago. the lawyer we went to did not have a clue. either did many officials. can you find out if it would be possible for us to get a new clean birth certificate with my name printed on it? i would still like to do it if it is not going to cost too much.

I have to do DNA also, but for Lao lady who wrote father deceased. Bad news for Lao lady to have farang baby and be unmarried. No matter what the result, I love the kid but if he is mine I don't think much I can do. He was born in Thailand.

HL

shout out to your wife. great idea to try to get a certified copy of the birth certificate. many thanks.

Archived