"I'm Ok to drive" says Thai bus driver as he collapses on sobriety test

webfact

I bet his girlfriend was well upset he didn't show up.

He sounds like a keeper...

denial is so incredibly strong that despite being wasted he believed he was fine to drive. all reason and logic and common sense (regardless of how little baseline may be) is tossed to the trash.

classic alcoholism.

for many women he is a keeper since he may give her money and/or she may drink also. she may be the enabler or the drinking buddy. many men hook up with female alcoholics in a similar fashion. some are too lonely so they put up with the drinking and consequences. those women are also keepers.

seems the police were called not because he was drunk but because he refused to pay for the damaged sign.

in my life i have dealt with a loved one decline due to alcoholism and have read several books about i hoping to better understand. "I'll quit tomorrow" is an excellent read.

Having recently returned from the real world I was pleased to note that busses there were fitted with CCTV, Wifi and GPS.

Digital displays in bus stops were able to notify passengers of any delays & waiting passengers were even able to track them using their smartphones.

Drivers too were 'on cam'...

I further note they were well maintained and driven with a great deal of care.

How long before Thailand catches up?

Surely you jest? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifwai.gif

As Winniedapu notes "...The driver knew he was OK to drive because he's been OK to drive while paralytic so many times before...".

Trouble is, it's finally caught up with this "Lethal Weapon".

post-209291-0-61362400-1467797791_thumb.

Worse still, whilst he may lose his job as a "maxi" bus driver, he'll probably be back on the road in the same state, but behind the wheel of a mini-bus.

Not fair to test him standing up, as he gets to sit down when driving, or whatever one might call it

Seems Thai bus and van companies give sobriety tests before hiring: If you are sober, you are not hired.

Having recently returned from the real world I was pleased to note that busses there were fitted with CCTV, Wifi and GPS.

Digital displays in bus stops were able to notify passengers of any delays & waiting passengers were even able to track them using their smartphones.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

None of us reading this will be alive at that time - - - - maybe our great, great great grandchildren will see the catch up!

Edited by snooky

"How long before Thailand catches up?"

And the answer is - how long is a piece of string?

I am disappointed in the driver , 2 bottles of Leo spirit can certainly dint your reputation, what are ya a two pot screamer

If the geezer did 2 bottles of that Lao kao gut rot on his lonesome I'm impressed he even remembered he was a bus driver.

• 2 weeks later...

On occasions, the inter-provincial buses are involved in accidents, but it is this type of bus and driver that are the main culprits in serious bus crashes.

How some of them are even allowed on the roads with 100 spotlights on the front and the windscreen covered 90% in decal artwork, is beyond me.

Its fortunate this monkey was arrested before he claimed human lives and got a 1000 baht fine.

Every bus on the road should be stopped and driver given random breathalizer test if ok then a dated sticker put on windscreen.

Last time i got a coach from Heathrow, the driver announced that he would not move until the person in seat so and so did up his safety belt. Just imagine this in Thailand !

Edited by oldsailor35

A few days ago I walked a line of minibus drivers waiting for passengers from the Seatran, as I passed I detected a very distinct wiff. Anyone that's ever stood downwind of The Black Watch on a Monday morning recognizes it instantly...

bb39a9c5d806eac6c53e857c2dd58f87.jpg?ito

On occasions, the inter-provincial buses are involved in accidents, but it is this type of bus and driver that are the main culprits in serious bus crashes.

How some of them are even allowed on the roads with 100 spotlights on the front and the windscreen covered 90% in decal artwork, is beyond me.

Its fortunate this monkey was arrested before he claimed human lives and got a 1000 baht fine.

Every bus on the road should be stopped and driver given random breathalizer test if ok then a dated sticker put on windscreen.
dated and time of test.

Yeah that was bad , and a bus driver is responsible for hundreds of lifes.

But nothing worse than a few farangs I know in Pattaya who think they are immortal riding their bikes after 5 + beers.