Where To Go For A Pint Of John Smiths In Patters?

helicoptor

maggie mays bar soi chaiapoon, 150 baht a pint all day/night

Thanks, is 150 THB excessive or the going rate? this equates to over £2 so its the same as in UK, whats this place like? I am looking for a watering hole that serves JS, I am not in whore mongering just want to find a decent local selling JS football on, game of pool, friendly Thai's & expats ... Am I asking too much :o

Queen Vic on Soi 6 is great spot. (midway down the gauntlet though) :D

A more peaceful approach can be made to the Queen Victoria by entering the 'back way' up soi 6/1 thus avoiding being kidnapped by business seeking kathoeys on soi 6 who also want to do the same. :o

A more peaceful approach can be made to the Queen Victoria by entering the 'back way' up soi 6/1 thus avoiding being kidnapped by business seeking kathoeys on soi 6 who also want to do the same. :o

Ahh the access way behind? Yes that is the safest, but then again its bit of a laff running the gauntlet, a must for everyone. :D

A more peaceful approach can be made to the Queen Victoria by entering the 'back way' up soi 6/1 thus avoiding being kidnapped by business seeking kathoeys on soi 6 who also want to do the same. :D

Back Passage? what are you insinuating, I take it up the 'arris? who sir?, me sir?, gay sir? NO sir!

How very dare you!! :o:D:D

In the long run it will be cheaper to adjust your taste buds and drink local lager like Chang or Singha or Leo or Archers.

A quick calculation is that John Smiths is 3 times the cost of a bottle of local beer, so if you drink 20 pints of John Smiths a week instead of 20 bottles of Chang, it will cost you 100,000 baht a year extra. Plus in this instance, only 20 drinks a week!

If you don't like the pungent, metallic taste of Chang, buy a bottle of sprite and make your own lager-tops.

I admit I like the odd pint of Guiness, but the money I save drinking Chang, goes towards more exciting things like hotels and travel throughout Thailand.

Of course if money is not an issue: then enjoy the John Smiths at U.K. prices.

Cheers! :o

In the long run it will be cheaper to adjust your taste buds and drink local lager like Chang or Singha or Leo or Archers.

A quick calculation is that John Smiths is 3 times the cost of a bottle of local beer, so if you drink 20 pints of John Smiths a week instead of 20 bottles of Chang, it will cost you 100,000 baht a year extra. Plus in this instance, only 20 drinks a week!

If you don't like the pungent, metallic taste of Chang, buy a bottle of sprite and make your own lager-tops.

I admit I like the odd pint of Guiness, but the money I save drinking Chang, goes towards more exciting things like hotels and travel throughout Thailand.

Of course if money is not an issue: then enjoy the John Smiths at U.K. prices.

Cheers! :D

Those days have gone ! Just a few for me these days! I havent drunk lager :D since my teens it turned me into a :D usually coming off the worse :D

So I will put up and shut up about the price of JS then, I dont drink that much these days anyway - other priorities! :o

/Shameless plug on

Lennie's on Soi Diamond (last bar to the left going from Walking Street towards 2nd Road) has 20 different bottled beers available including John Smith, all ice cold, in an airconditioned surrounding with Pool table and big screen TV.

Shameless plug off/

Sunny

Great spot and I recommend Lennie's highly!!! :o