Video: Police hunt Bangkok taxi driver who mercilessly ran over soi dog

Police hunt Bangkok taxi driver who mercilessly ran over soi dog

post-137452-0-40481000-1467784461_thumb.

Image: Tnnthailand.com

BANGKOK:-- Police are trying to identify the driver of a yellow and green Bangkok taxi (reg plate 4910, Bangkok) who was caught on CCTV running over a soi dog before driving off like nothing happened.

Footage of the the incident, which took place on Sunday morning July 3rd, was posted by Facebook user TG Yunapa and shared across a number of popular Thai news sites and pages.

Police are now hoping that through the power of social media, someone may recognise the taxi and that the driver will be brought to justice.

At the beginning of the 33 second clip, which at the time of writing had been shared more than 36,000 times, the dog can be seen lying in the road but before it has time to move, the taxi just drives over it and continues on its way.

The dog, which looks to be seriously injured, can be seen trying to get back on its feet.

A report on Thai news site tnnthailand.com made no mention of the location of the incident, other than saying it was in Bangkok, or on the condition of the dog.

Thais and foreigners commenting on social media were outrage by the footage.

Pete Chantrasook commenting said: “scumbag! Karma is gonna get u”.

Others asked why the driver didn’t simply honk the horn to get the dog to move out of its way.

Facebook user Ploysai Prattana questioned why those at the scene seemed to do nothing to come to the help of the dog, in particular the man who can be seen at the end of the footage.

*Warning: graphic footage which some may find upsetting*

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-06

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know I will get lambasted by the many dog lover on TV, of which I am one. However, you toot the horn at these mutts and they look up and lie down again. Continued sounding of the horn and they begin to move, having a stretch before they move on. I am gradually losing patience with these dogs who cause many accidents on the roads of Thailand. Hit a black do g in the road on a bike and you are history or very badly hurt.

I have also gotten to the point where I will sound the horn many times on approach and if that lazy barstewart of a dog doesn't want to move, then he is going to have to take his chances with my truck. I will NOT jeopardize the safety of my family and other road users for these feral mutts. I am sure this isn't what you guys want to hear but I kind off understand this guys frustrations.

He must deal with many incidents a day, more than you and me, of dogs lying in the road. At some point when do you say enough and refuse to have to get out of your vehicle to move them on. Yes, this has happened to me. I approached one dog sounding the horn until I had to stop and literally get out of the truck and sink my boot into it, before it would move. True.

Get rid of these animals or keep them within your garden/house. Enough is enough.

Rant over. Roll on the dog lovers with your disgust at what I just wrote. passifier.gifviolin.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif

All that rambling and you missed the point entirely....he did not sound his horn to even try to get the dog to shift.

Yes, I just seen that and removed my post. The taxi driver is a barstewart. Apologies.

I know I will get lambasted by the many dog lover on TV, of which I am one. However, you toot the horn at these mutts and they look up and lie down again. Continued sounding of the horn and they begin to move, having a stretch before they move on. I am gradually losing patience with these dogs who cause many accidents on the roads of Thailand. Hit a black do g in the road on a bike and you are history or very badly hurt.

I have also gotten to the point where I will sound the horn many times on approach and if that lazy barstewart of a dog doesn't want to move, then he is going to have to take his chances with my truck. I will NOT jeopardize the safety of my family and other road users for these feral mutts. I am sure this isn't what you guys want to hear but I kind off understand this guys frustrations.

He must deal with many incidents a day, more than you and me, of dogs lying in the road. At some point when do you say enough and refuse to have to get out of your vehicle to move them on. Yes, this has happened to me. I approached one dog sounding the horn until I had to stop and literally get out of the truck and sink my boot into it, before it would move. True.

Get rid of these animals or keep them within your garden/house. Enough is enough.

Rant over. Roll on the dog lovers with your disgust at what I just wrote. passifier.gifviolin.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif

All that rambling and you missed the point entirely....he did not sound his horn to even try to get the dog to shift.

why do people find this shocking? most thais treat animals poorly, they all ignore soi dogs daily, many are half starved and in urgent need of veterinary care, the whole soi dog problem is created by the irresponsibility of the thais. Hasnt anyone noticed that all the organisations set up to help soi dogs are generally done by farangs? same as many farangs are now having to clean thai beaches of rubbish because the locals are careless

Edited by willfreeman

Mandatory jail should be for the driver AND not or a minimum 25,000Baht fine. I am not sure the video should be posted online I could not watch it as I am sure it is upsetting and a description suffices, also children might be reading and shocked by such a video. Having spent many years in Thailand most Thais like animals so the Thais should find the driver and punish him.

The lazy cops in this country barely lift a finger to investigate REAL crimes. And now they're hunting for a cabbie who ran over a mongrel that is a public nuisance?

One of my friends' daughters died under unusual circumstances and they cops have done NOTHING for more than a year.

Mandatory jail should be for the driver AND not or a minimum 25,000Baht fine. I am not sure the video should be posted online I could not watch it as I am sure it is upsetting and a description suffices, also children might be reading and shocked by such a video. Having spent many years in Thailand most Thais like animals so the Thais should find the driver and punish him.

It's only 1000 baht for running over a human

I was in a mini bus, with my wedding party, so western woman & kids, drive hit the horn a few times soi dog didn't move, run it straight down, woman & children were hysterical, Driver thought it was funny

...cruel for sure...

...but...

...sorry to say that this society...collectively is responsible.... actually....yet nearly nobody does anything...

....now...did the driver not see the dog....was he drunk.....did he have a history with that dog....

...and don't dogs usually move out of the way....

The taxi driver was cruel, agreed.

However, where I live there are dogs who sit in the middle of the road just like that, all day long, and cars and scooters drive around them. They are treated like cows in India. No wonder that they get used to it and will never move a leg when a car approaches. I say that the ultimate responsibility is with those who condone and encourage this.

Unless I am mistaken, roads are for cars not for dogs.

What a fuzz ! Guns, drug trade, rape and murder... swiped under the carpet against $$.

And than this ? C'mon guys, you can't be serious laugh.png

Ive no idea why people find this disgusting. Breaking an animals back legs and leaving it in agony should not upset anyone......

most dogs run away from approaching vehicles and my suspicion

is this dog was unwell.

the taxi driver must be deranged to run over the the helpless creature

whose fate after the accident is possibly worse than "death".

surely the owner of the taxi can be traced from the registration number of the taxi

and from him the particulars of the driver can be obtained, id the owner himself was not driving.

throw the book at the driver.

It's a dog, for God's sake. And a soi dog at that. There are far too many of them as it is. Are Thaivisa competing with Yahoo for non stories?

the dog wasnt humanely euthanized, it was deliberately ran over and then left to die in considerable agony

i sure hope they dont let you teach children