Video: Police hunt Bangkok taxi driver who mercilessly ran over soi dog

What a fuzz ! Guns, drug trade, rape and murder... swiped under the carpet against $$.

And than this ? C'mon guys, you can't be serious laugh.png

Ive no idea why people find this disgusting. Breaking an animals back legs and leaving it in agony should not upset anyone......

because the victim was helpless and defenceless.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As an avid member of the TVF wannabee Sherlock club, I am going to add my 5 bahts worth in this case.wink.png

We know we are looking for a late model green and yellow Toyota Corolla/Altis with a yellow plate and numbered 4811.

The driver possibly over 40 may have worn a blue shirt, and there will be numerous amulets in the car .

He will probably be taking refuge at the family home upcountry in Nakhon Somewhere.

As one other poster correctly noted, a hi-so runs over and kills cop at 150 km'h, not a major problem. A taxi driver runs over a soi dog and all hell breaks loose, complete with death threats etc.

I know I will get lambasted by the many dog lover on TV, of which I am one. However, you toot the horn at these mutts and they look up and lie down again. Continued sounding of the horn and they begin to move, having a stretch before they move on. I am gradually losing patience with these dogs who cause many accidents on the roads of Thailand. Hit a black do g in the road on a bike and you are history or very badly hurt.

I have also gotten to the point where I will sound the horn many times on approach and if that lazy barstewart of a dog doesn't want to move, then he is going to have to take his chances with my truck. I will NOT jeopardize the safety of my family and other road users for these feral mutts. I am sure this isn't what you guys want to hear but I kind off understand this guys frustrations.

He must deal with many incidents a day, more than you and me, of dogs lying in the road. At some point when do you say enough and refuse to have to get out of your vehicle to move them on. Yes, this has happened to me. I approached one dog sounding the horn until I had to stop and literally get out of the truck and sink my boot into it, before it would move. True.

Get rid of these animals or keep them within your garden/house. Enough is enough.

Rant over. Roll on the dog lovers with your disgust at what I just wrote. passifier.gifviolin.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif

All that rambling and you missed the point entirely....he did not sound his horn to even try to get the dog to shift.

And you can tell he didn't sound his horn, how?

There is no audio in the video.

why do people find this shocking? most thais treat animals poorly, they all ignore soi dogs daily, many are half starved and in urgent need of veterinary care, the whole soi dog problem is created by the irresponsibility of the thais. Hasnt anyone noticed that all the organisations set up to help soi dogs are generally done by farangs? same as many farangs are now having to clean thai beaches of rubbish because the locals are careless

No worries. The Cambodians will have supper. Ask my neighbor who hit one on his motorbike and ended up in hospital with a head injury about the poor dogs. Too many soi dogs and not one Thai cares.

As an avid member of the TVF wannabee Sherlock club, I am going to add my 5 bahts worth in this case.wink.png

We know we are looking for a late model green and yellow Toyota Corolla/Altis with a yellow plate and numbered 4811.

The driver possibly over 40 may have worn a blue shirt, and there will be numerous amulets in the car .

He will probably be taking refuge at the family home upcountry in Nakhon Somewhere.

As one other poster correctly noted, a hi-so runs over and kills cop at 150 km'h, not a major problem. A taxi driver runs over a soi dog and all hell breaks loose, complete with death threats etc.

Not very good there Sherlock as the plate number is 4910 and not 4811 as your detective skills seem to allude too. Edited by Rayk

Absolute scumbag...cruel..cruel...cruel. Hope they catch and prosecute the A-hole.

I disagree, should be given a medal and how do we even know it was avoidable ? These pests cause accidents and a car should never swerve just to avoid hitting them. The more that get run over the better in my opinion, only 3.4 million to go

What a fuzz ! Guns, drug trade, rape and murder... swiped under the carpet against $$.

And than this ? C'mon guys, you can't be serious laugh.png

Ive no idea why people find this disgusting. Breaking an animals back legs and leaving it in agony should not upset anyone......

Always upsets the meat eaters though, they need to visit an abattoir before crying over dead soi dogs

i agree the soi dog problem needs to be addressed, but first the thai attitude to responsibility for their actions must change and there is zero chance of that

if people are talking about rounding up and humanely euthanizing the soi dogs i would be for it

but anyone who thinks deliberately running over and animal and leaving it in agony is acceptable is clearly sick in the head

Not very good there Sherlock as the plate number is 4910 and not 4811 as your detective skills seem to allude too.

Thanks for the correction there Rayk, Watson had borrowed my magnifying glass..Good spot old chap.At least I got the color right eh?rolleyes.gif

So , if I understand correcly , a lot of you TV members would not even brake to save the life of a dog ?

Worse than animals , what do you have to do in a buddhist country ?

Better leave and spread your hate and bitterness elsewhere ...

Went walking through the Tobacco Monopoly one Sunday & all of a sudden was surrounded by a pack of 12 or 14 pretty big dogs.

Just kept walking but they followed with the 2 obviously leaders of the pack snarling & baring their teeth.

Luckily I have been around dogs most of my life & finally managed to placate the boss dog.

For someone who had no experience this would have been a harrowing experience

They need culling.

I know people who mercilessly kill Chicken and eat them, My chicken, which I always held very dear, was run over by a taxi just the other day. I got the number of the taxi but Police said they will do nothing....why? snivvle, snivvle....

And btw...I don't get it, dogs are road kill all over Thailand daily, dunno how many are killed on the roads but guess thousands a day? Like Rabbits or other animals in the west.

I like the last part of the video where a guy just walks past, business as usual apparently going into a "mom and dads shop" to buy something, not even looking in the direction of the dog...

Edited by AlQaholic

Myself I dont think I am capable but could Thaivisa make a page where members could send in photos and location of Suspicious Taxis Cars or obviously Dubious Businesses

Advising others to stay away or at least be aware.

With all the taxi problems (funny thing is they are all painted like taxis all have numbers all probably were registered and all are traceable )easy for Thai Authorities to trace.

Thai Authorities should make an App.where obvious nasties like Taxis Working Ilegaly

Date stamp time and gps recorded and they could keep an eye on the scum driving around the Country

We all know places you cant park even outside 7/11 because the ilegal taxi parks there and you will get a puncture or a key mark.

In Pattaya for example all the bkk taxis are Ilegal they might be cheaper for Desperados but if theres an accident

The drivers sleeping in the cars waiting hours on a retutn to bkk maybe even having a beer waiting for hours ..

Then this <deleted> drunk tired or hungover and Ilegal is going to thunder down a road at 120 kph on his phone with Paying Customers inside..

Makes me think .

I have been on a bus doing 110 with the driver on his phone this also should be possible to report.

The hows my driving idea of phoning his sister in the office doesn't wash with me.

RANT over

It is possible the driver did not see the dog.

If all the dog lovers would adopt these dogs and keep them out of the streets instead of feeding them in someone elses neighborhoods and letting them run free everyone would be safer including the dogs.

I know I will get lambasted by the many dog lover on TV, of which I am one. However, you toot the horn at these mutts and they look up and lie down again. Continued sounding of the horn and they begin to move, having a stretch before they move on. I am gradually losing patience with these dogs who cause many accidents on the roads of Thailand. Hit a black do g in the road on a bike and you are history or very badly hurt.

I have also gotten to the point where I will sound the horn many times on approach and if that lazy barstewart of a dog doesn't want to move, then he is going to have to take his chances with my truck. I will NOT jeopardize the safety of my family and other road users for these feral mutts. I am sure this isn't what you guys want to hear but I kind off understand this guys frustrations.

He must deal with many incidents a day, more than you and me, of dogs lying in the road. At some point when do you say enough and refuse to have to get out of your vehicle to move them on. Yes, this has happened to me. I approached one dog sounding the horn until I had to stop and literally get out of the truck and sink my boot into it, before it would move. True.

Get rid of these animals or keep them within your garden/house. Enough is enough.

Rant over. Roll on the dog lovers with your disgust at what I just wrote. passifier.gifviolin.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif

All that rambling and you missed the point entirely....he did not sound his horn to even try to get the dog to shift.

YOUR AN UNCARING CRUEL APOLOGY FOR A HUMAN! Maybe a Taxi will get you one day!

So, police is "hunting" the driver who ran over that street dog... Does that mean that all rape, murder, manslaughter, hit and runs on HUMANS, bombing, terrorism, pedophilia and drug cases so far have been solved by a 100% and are filed away for good, justice served?

If not, then please explain!!! I mean, RTP - please explain your priorities to us humble human beings, thanks! blink.png

Edited by MockingJay

Quote : Police are now hoping that through the power of social media, someone may recognise the taxi and that the driver will be brought to justice.

uh ? Something doesn't add up here. The registration number of the taxi, apparently, is clearly identified, and that should make it very easy for the police to find the guy. So why should they 'hope' that social medai will do the job for them ? This is insane.

So, police is "hunting" the driver who ran over that street dog... Does that mean that all rape, murder, manslaughter, hit and runs on HUMANS, bombing, terrorism, pedophilia and drug cases so far have been solved by a 100% and are filed away for good, justice served?

You mean all the ones where they have the crime on video complete with license plate number?

Pretty sure that's a "Yes".

What the driver of the taxi did is reprehensible, and one hopes he receives some punishment for his action (assuming he gets caught).

But, what is equally appalling is that this report says "...Police are trying to identify the driver of a yellow and green Bangkok taxi (reg plate 4910, Bangkok)...", from Sunday morning July 3rd.

If this is the standard of sleuthing here, then what chance of catching the remaining Erawan Shrine bombers and other serious criminals?

Sloughing would seem a more appropriate term, as (in the Erawan Shrine bombing) it's been nearly a year with nothing more to show once the rewards were paid. Or, has that already been consigned to the "Too Hard Basket"?

post-209291-0-98469400-1467802225_thumb.

Also, the apathy of those bystanders in this video seems to reflect the general consensus that allows police to get away from being held to account for their inability to apprehend many major criminals.