Video: Police hunt Bangkok taxi driver who mercilessly ran over soi dog

What a rubbish. For a soi dog that got run over making such as noise.

Also laughable the comment about one poster that Thai's love to care about animal. Some certainly do but the Soi dogs have been a problem for a long time and so the dogs that run around freely in the villages.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Appalling! Someone should run this taxi driver over!

Sheer cruelty. I've seen worse videos of cruelty recently such as a man beating a dog to death with a baseball bat. Seems Thailand is a double sided coin. People who overly love dogs and people who are cruel as hell to dogs.

So what about the stupid people who where watching and filming this??? They didn't lift One /1 finger to help that dog ...That just shows you ,,,they don't give a Rats ass about this,,,,they Complain but they do Nothing themselves,,,,,Hypocrites,,,,

I'm shocked - shocked I tell you - by the lack of appreciation and reverance for Thai culture being expressed here! You farangs must immediately stifle your criticisms and should all learn to love it or leave it! (Just don't love it too much. A farang running over a soi dog would probably get mobbed & hacked to death...)

Edited by hawker9000

I'm definitely not a fan of Soi Dogs shitting all over the place being fed with street cart food vendors by all those overdressed office girls rather than taken to the vet - but this cabbie needs to be taken off the streets for good; honking would have done the trick as well

Well this thread surely brings out the TV nutters!

The taxi driver was driving slowly, & probably assumed the dog would move out of the way. It didn't, but it was lucky, cos it didn't go under the car wheels. Afterwards, the driver stops & probably sees the dog up & moving, so he continues.

No mention in the OP that the dog dies. No mention of dog's condition.

But as usual, the TV "hang'em high brigade", always out in force when there's a report of someone caught with a bit of weed.....

I'm definitely not a fan of Soi Dogs shitting all over the place being fed with street cart food vendors by all those overdressed office girls rather than taken to the vet - but this cabbie needs to be taken off the streets for good; honking would have done the trick as well

How do you know he didn't honk his horn? No audio on the video.

No this one will be about Thailand saving face. Too much negative press and on a global scale. Facebook again (on a limited basis) a force for good.

They'll find him, levy punishment more in line with the heinous nature of the act and then parade him in front of TV cameras with 12 police officers about. Just checked and it's been viewed over 2.5M times on Facebook. The guy needs to be slowly run over by his own taxi then left behind.

yes i agree the taxi driver was a total penis, but in perspective, kill 9 people and not spend one day in jail i rest my case..

Using your terminology, I disagree that he was a "total penis". Frankly most people would call him a "bit of a prick"wink.png .

I have seen many Soi dogs riddled with Mange they should be take and treated or put down so they dont spread it to other dogs we had 2 beautiful Dogs killed on the road because of speeding one ran out to save her puppy and was killed the other was chasing another dog my wife was heart broken wouldnt talk to anyone for 2 weeks. The poor dog in the video didnt even notice the car as he was eating or something he wasnt even given a chance to clear the road bloody taxi driver needs a good kicken. Hope the dog is ok

I love dogs but heck you have to put things into perspective. Let the Police concentrate on catching murders rapists and thieves they dont have time for dogs.

I'm pretty sure they don't have the homicide cops or the Koh Tao cops on this case. As serious as murder, rape and thievery are, I'd like to think they can still look after the defenseless among us.

All this over a dog.

What about all the humans killed in road traffic accidents by drunk / drugged / sleepy drivers ?

1 injured dog versus 1000's of killed humans.

Priorities are not where they should be.

Couldn`t watch that video, it would ruin my day.

I actually prefer dogs to most humans. Dogs really are man`s best friend whereas most people are self indulgent and only out for their own self interests. As for priorities, it all depends on people`s values. If I came across you and a dog drowning in a river it would be a difficult decision deciding which one to save first.

I have seen many Soi dogs riddled with Mange they should be take and treated or put down so they dont spread it to other dogs we had 2 beautiful Dogs killed on the road because of speeding one ran out to save her puppy and was killed the other was chasing another dog my wife was heart broken wouldnt talk to anyone for 2 weeks. The poor dog in the video didnt even notice the car as he was eating or something he wasnt even given a chance to clear the road bloody taxi driver needs a good kicken. Hope the dog is ok

Why did you allow your dogs to run out on to the road? They could've caused an accident resulting in innocent people dying. Gate left open?

He is not the only taxi driver who disregards dog on the streets..

I can not recall just how many times I have been in a taxi cab while the cab driver did not slow down one bit while the cab driver narrowly missed clobbering a dog and zoomed on by within inches of the dogs life.

They do not care....while a dog is just another thing they do not recognize or care about if it does not belong to them.

Cheers

How big a hunt will this be------

Do they intend to place road blocks around the area---

Will there be a reward offered

Will the dog be in the picture pointing---

If there was a passenger will they also be prosecutable for this horrendous crime.------

Has an ID sketch of the dog been issued as yet.------

Please keep us abreast with all developments, ------Soi dog run over, Wow

Once the vehicle got close, and the dog disappeared below the driver's field of vision, the driver is likely to have assumed that the dog had moved. However, unbeknown to the driver, the dog was fully occupied in eating something awful of the street and was either too hungry, or too stupid to move - or it just didn't notice the car.

Besides, given the percentage of soi dogs suffering from rabies in Bangkok, I don't think I would have got out of the car to enquire after its health either.

In my judgement, you can't fault the driver of the car - in this instance.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

So , if I understand correcly , a lot of you TV members would not even brake to save the life of a dog ?

Worse than animals , what do you have to do in a buddhist country ?

Better leave and spread your hate and bitterness elsewhere ...

Nothing to do with bitterness or Buddhism, why brake and risk an accident to avoid a scabby soi dog? Do you eat animals at all?, not very compassionate that

I know I will get lambasted by the many dog lover on TV, of which I am one. However, you toot the horn at these mutts and they look up and lie down again. Continued sounding of the horn and they begin to move, having a stretch before they move on. I am gradually losing patience with these dogs who cause many accidents on the roads of Thailand. Hit a black do g in the road on a bike and you are history or very badly hurt.

I have also gotten to the point where I will sound the horn many times on approach and if that lazy barstewart of a dog doesn't want to move, then he is going to have to take his chances with my truck. I will NOT jeopardize the safety of my family and other road users for these feral mutts. I am sure this isn't what you guys want to hear but I kind off understand this guys frustrations.

He must deal with many incidents a day, more than you and me, of dogs lying in the road. At some point when do you say enough and refuse to have to get out of your vehicle to move them on. Yes, this has happened to me. I approached one dog sounding the horn until I had to stop and literally get out of the truck and sink my boot into it, before it would move. True.

Get rid of these animals or keep them within your garden/house. Enough is enough.

Rant over. Roll on the dog lovers with your disgust at what I just wrote. passifier.gifviolin.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif

All that rambling and you missed the point entirely....he did not sound his horn to even try to get the dog to shift.
Was there a sound to the recording?

Looks like the heard something, before deciding to move..

Anyway..

An injured animal, normally goes where it feels safe -- the streets!

So it looks like a street dog..

Like the dogs where I live at, they expect vehicles to drive around them..

Occasionally they do get run over, and no one cares..

Then when a homeless dog rips a little girls face apart, then many people complained about street dogs being allowed to roam free..

Also,

The taxi driver, may have not seen the dog at all.

Or did what some drivers do..

Drive slow "like this guy did" and hope the dog gets out of the way.

Normally it works...

Edited by D3030

As an avid member of the TVF wannabee Sherlock club, I am going to add my 5 bahts worth in this case.wink.png

We know we are looking for a late model green and yellow Toyota Corolla/Altis with a yellow plate and numbered 4811.

The driver possibly over 40 may have worn a blue shirt, and there will be numerous amulets in the car .

He will probably be taking refuge at the family home upcountry in Nakhon Somewhere.

As one other poster correctly noted, a hi-so runs over and kills cop at 150 km'h, not a major problem. A taxi driver runs over a soi dog and all hell breaks loose, complete with death threats etc.

Not very good there Sherlock as the plate number is 4910 and not 4811 as your detective skills seem to allude too.

Thanks for the correction there Rayk, Watson had borrowed my magnifying glass..Good spot old chap.At least I got the color right eh?rolleyes.gif

Either, you're a Canadian or somehow know I am.

Eh.

It's a dog, for God's sake. And a soi dog at that. There are far too many of them as it is. Are Thaivisa competing with Yahoo for non stories?

Just like there are far too many humans, a good culling of the human race is needed, don't you agree?

All this over a dog.

What about all the humans killed in road traffic accidents by drunk / drugged / sleepy drivers ?

1 injured dog versus 1000's of killed humans.

Priorities are not where they should be.

Oh shut up! this was done on purpose to an innocent dog, nothing to do with RTA's.