Clubs/Discos closing early these days, what's the deal?

bbi1

Mixx close at 4am instead or around 5:30am. Insomnia closes at 4:30am instead 6am or so. What's the deal here? Police cracking down on these 2 clubs? Flexx on the other hand still parties on till after 7am or whenever it closes.

And I thought that 4 AM is the legal closing time for such venues?

So why shouldn't they close "these days" with the new city regime and the ever increasing raids.

Wasn't there a raid already on insomnia?

Police cracking down on these 2 clubs?

Not only these 2 and not always police.

Many "Thai only" clubs have been raided by Banglamung authorities for over hours, under age drinking etc.

Edited by KhunBENQ

It's all about the BAHT.The police want X amount of money.If it's not paid then the car closes early

Nah, this time there's more to it.

Really? Do tell. You seem to have all the inside Mail.

Can you share with us your information source? Do you have friends in high places? Or are you a parrot repeating what many other say because they have been in Thailand too long and/or have no original thoughts themselves.

It's all about the BAHT.The police want X amount of money.If it's not paid then the car closes early

So why shouldn't they close "these days" with the new city regime and the ever increasing raids.

Many "Thai only" clubs have been raided by Banglamung authorities for over hours, under age drinking etc.

And today 808 closed before 3:30am and Flexx around 4:30am when yesterday they were all open the usual time. Man this city has gone to shithole since 2 months ago where everything was all good sad.png

Edited by bbi1

Wow! and I go to bed between 20:00 and 21:00 everyday......

Can I suggest you start partying earlier, then when the closing time comes you would already be <deleted> and unconscious in the gutter and couldn't care less about closing times.....

Edited by AlQaholic

And today 808 closed before 3:30am and Flexx around 4:30am when yesterday they were all open the usual time. Man this city has gone to shithole since 2 months ago where everything was all good sad.png

Maybe go look in the mirror....if you are out and about at those wee hours each day.....? I'm sure you are one of those positives that Pattaya can use as a poster child for the city??? ?

Not sure what it is like now but when I lived there and during the Low Season, a lot of places closed their doors earlier. I am also not sure about the Discos, but I think the legal closing time for Bars in Pattaya is 2 am.

But another thing that I am sure of, and that is if there place is packed at 2 am they won't close until everyone goes home, or the Police show up. Whichever comes first.

The BIB most of the time are not the instigaters of such raids.They are satisfied with the statuesque before the Thai Army took over the area.a few months ago.These raids are the army's way of causing the BIB to loose face and show them who is rely in charge.It seems that the bib now have a snitch in the army command in Pattaya because lately the raids are coming up empty handed.

Can I suggest you start partying earlier, then when the closing time comes you would already be <deleted> and unconscious in the gutter and couldn't care less about closing times.....

Sorry, but clubs don't get going until 12:30am or 1am. It's a bit sad to hit the clubs at 9pm and be the only one of few customers and not have any chicks around to hang out/dance with. And I'm not a drinker, don't need any alcohol when I go out or can survive with just one drink so the bouncers don't throw your ass on the street for being cheap lol :)

Maybe go look in the mirror....if you are out and about at those wee hours each day.....? I'm sure you are one of those positives that Pattaya can use as a poster child for the city??? ?

I'm out each & every day of those wee hours for a few days only as I'm in Patts for a holiday from where I live in another part of Thailand. And yes I do have a good look in the mirror before going out, not a bad looking dude on the other side but could do with some improvements though lol

Who stays up this late. Man I am in bed by 9. Watch a bit of tv and off to slumber land. I get up by 530 or 6 everyday. But I am old. Not a young pup anymore.

Who? People who like to occasionally party it up ;) I'm still a young pup myself so do blend well into the clubbing scene, especially 808 & Flexx. Not one of the oldies who occasionally turn up & stand out like a sore thumb when they walk in :)

The Army is running Pattaya now. There are reports on a Pattaya forum that a meeting was held with nightclub owners and the laws pertaining to opening times, minimum ages etc. made clear.

I quote: "0300hrs closure was spoken about as the norm for music venues with a little leeway for drinking up and patrons departure. (read 0400hrs fixed). All were asked to kindly observe a 0200hr closure over the coming month after which the 0300 hr time would then be enforced. The 0200 hr closure was more of a request as we are to see increased activity from Bangkok during that time, it was however made very clear that failure to assist the authorities during that period may have severe consequences for those electing to disregard the request."

Edited by brewsterbudgen

Clubs close at 4am and you consider that a Crackdown.That proves it this must be the party town capitol of the world.

In BKK Swing apparently closes at midday but Swing is the biggest craphole & fire death trap in the world.

The Army is running Pattaya now. There are reports on a Pattaya forum that a meeting was held with nightclub owners and the laws pertaining to opening times, minimum ages etc. made clear.

I quote: "0300hrs closure was spoken about as the norm for music venues with a little leeway for drinking up and patrons departure. (read 0400hrs fixed). All were asked to kindly observe a 0200hr closure over the coming month after which the 0300 hr time would then be enforced. The 0200 hr closure was more of a request as we are to see increased activity from Bangkok during that time, it was however made very clear that failure to assist the authorities during that period may have severe consequences for those electing to disregard the request."

Well, it seems Marine Disco the one up the escalators (not Marine Yensabai the Arabic disco) didn't get the memo & was still going strong until 5:30am close. Unfortunately that was the only one still open after everything closed. Marine, still the usual craphole with ugly ass girls and crappy music. Have no idea if the Arabic disco was still open as I'm not an arab and have no interest standing out there or listening to arabic music. They usually open from 5am to 8am or so I believe.

Sorry, but clubs don't get going until 12:30am or 1am. It's a bit sad to hit the clubs at 9pm and be the only one of few customers and not have any chicks around to hang out/dance with. And I'm not a drinker, don't need any alcohol when I go out or can survive with just one drink so the bouncers don't throw your ass on the street for being cheap lol smile.png

Then maybe, if the clubs are being closed earlier, customers should get there earlier too. Why wait until after midnight to go party? I don't get it. No work to go to the next day but money to spend in clubs. How does that work? The party-goers surely aren't all tourists.

Well, it seems Marine Disco the one up the escalators (not Marine Yensabai the Arabic disco) didn't get the memo & was still going strong until 5:30am close. Unfortunately that was the only one still open after everything closed. Marine, still the usual craphole with ugly ass girls and crappy music. Have no idea if the Arabic disco was still open as I'm not an arab and have no interest standing out there or listening to arabic music. They usually open from 5am to 8am or so I believe.

Interesting. I believe Marine is owned by people in high places. Whether they have the same influence with the army remains to be seen!

That must be a sign to go home

These clubs are just a waste of time anyway. If you need a drink at 4 AM do it at home and sleep it off. It will probably save your life in the long run.

With a glass of warm milk and an oatmeal cookie I hope. 'So nice your nanny takes such good care...

What the heck do you care what time someone else goes to bed!? Do you live overhead a disco or what! Dude! Get your own business. Then start minding it.

Edited by hawker9000

Ahhhh, thanks for the memories. When the prettiest stars were ONLY to be had at the Marine bar disco between midnight and 1 AM. If you hadn't made a 'trap' by the time the lucky number game was over, you were consigned to the drinking masses and a "you'll do me" selection when they all got turfed out at 4 AM.

Could be part of some nationwide clean-up – early closing hours, like 2 am or close to that for late clubs, has happen lately in other parts of the Kingdom – or just some using it, "clean-up", as excuse for little more support to the tea-parties..?wink.png

Nah, this time there's more to it.

Really? Do tell. You seem to have all the inside Mail.

The military are now involved - the dynamic has changed.