Clubs/Discos closing early these days, what's the deal?

bbi1

Wow! and I go to bed between 20:00 and 21:00 everyday......

Can I suggest you start partying earlier, then when the closing time comes you would already be <deleted> and unconscious in the gutter and couldn't care less about closing times.....

Sorry, but clubs don't get going until 12:30am or 1am. It's a bit sad to hit the clubs at 9pm and be the only one of few customers and not have any chicks around to hang out/dance with. And I'm not a drinker, don't need any alcohol when I go out or can survive with just one drink so the bouncers don't throw your ass on the street for being cheap lol smile.png

Then maybe, if the clubs are being closed earlier, customers should get there earlier too. Why wait until after midnight to go party? I don't get it. No work to go to the next day but money to spend in clubs. How does that work? The party-goers surely aren't all tourists.

I guess you've never been to a club in your life and/or are way too old for that scene. Clubs all around the world don't get going till after midnight when people start arriving after that time.

Sure, there are lots of locals here. Too many africans and arabs at 808 & flexx who live here. Would be nice if there weren't so I could have all the nice curvy booty girls for myself hehe ;)

These clubs are just a waste of time anyway. If you need a drink at 4 AM do it at home and sleep it off. It will probably save your life in the long run.

I don't go to clubs to drink, I go to dance to some good tunes & hang with some honeys. If you need a 4am drink at home or any drinking at home by yourself you're a loser alcoholic imo. It'll save your life in the long run not being an alcoholic ;)

Hows Ibar doing in all this? not been for a few weeks, but usually when i am leaving around 4am there are people pouring in still

2 days ago I believe Ibar closed at 4am and Insomnia surprisingly closed at 4:30am.

Clubs close at 4am and you consider that a Crackdown.That proves it this must be the party town capitol of the world.

In BKK Swing apparently closes at midday but Swing is the biggest craphole & fire death trap in the world.

My kinda place….whereabouts is it…

What the hell difference does a bar closing at 4 or 3 am instead of 5:30 make?

Go Home! Give it a rest...get a little more sleep...do not become just another statistic...

Wow! and I go to bed between 20:00 and 21:00 everyday......

Can I suggest you start partying earlier, then when the closing time comes you would already be <deleted> and unconscious in the gutter and couldn't care less about closing times.....

Sorry, but clubs don't get going until 12:30am or 1am. It's a bit sad to hit the clubs at 9pm and be the only one of few customers and not have any chicks around to hang out/dance with. And I'm not a drinker, don't need any alcohol when I go out or can survive with just one drink so the bouncers don't throw your ass on the street for being cheap lol smile.png

Then maybe, if the clubs are being closed earlier, customers should get there earlier too. Why wait until after midnight to go party? I don't get it. No work to go to the next day but money to spend in clubs. How does that work? The party-goers surely aren't all tourists.

I guess you've never been to a club in your life and/or are way too old for that scene. Clubs all around the world don't get going till after midnight when people start arriving after that time.

Sure, there are lots of locals here. Too many africans and arabs at 808 & flexx who live here. Would be nice if there weren't so I could have all the nice curvy booty girls for myself hehe ;)

I find your repeated ageist comments insulting and unwarranted - we set up the club scene when we were younger and we still have our music and late night activities. The issue is not old or young but boring stay at home types who do not know how to enjoy themselves and people who like to go out....please stop generalising about age. Me and my pals in the 40 to 66 demographics go out a lot, spend a lot, and have fun with girls. But we don't like techno or electro pop. That is a matter of taste and education.

Who stays up this late. Man I am in bed by 9. Watch a bit of tv and off to slumber land. I get up by 530 or 6 everyday. But I am old. Not a young pup anymore.

....yes , better to make hay while sun is shining.....so to speak/as it were...

OK...so many people like to party until 6 AM and then get in their vehicles and drive home drunk through the beginning of heavy morning traffic.

Not all of them but all too many while that would be a one of the valid concerns.

Other than that the police actually are cracking down on all the quasi nefarious activities going on in those ultra late night clubs.

Not that I really care what the patrons do as I know people like to party...but still, the "higher ups" actually are trying to show that they are enforcing the laws and arresting law breakers.

But, we all know that they should be arresting the real law breakers but we all know that the police can not be arresting people in their own ranks and or the politicians and or the mafia....so...they do what they can while it all looks good and seems sincere while the public is appeased...... sort of...while the higher ups are happy that the public is being distracted with more of the usual dog and pony show that draws the attentions away from them and back onto the average Joe who gets busted for minor crimes....which there are plenty of to keep the police occupied.

In some respects it IS orchestrated that way while in some respects it evolves that way as they are called upon to enforce the law when the higher ups tell them to do so.

When they are told to do so then the police turn all the more opportunistic and assess the situation in regards to how they can make some money from enforcing the law on the owners of the establishments and people who are caught out in the raids.

So, maybe each raid is worth a minimum amount of money to be extracted out of the owners of the establishments while any money extracted from the patrons is considered bonus money.

So, in the end , when the police are "legitimately: enforcing the laws under orders they always have the option of turning their law enforcement activities into a lucrative money making enterprise while commonly they do while commonly the people arrested are happy to pay a contribution to the police charity fund rather than be prosecuted and incarcerated in prison.

Besides...another factor is the court system which is fully loaded and then some and has been forever while the prison capacity has been severely overloaded for more than 50 years so the police are actually doing people a favor when they extract or extort money from people in the form of a legitimate fine plus the contribution to the police charity fund....whistling.gif ...rather than prosecuting people for such minor violations of the laws.

Can you imagine if they enforced the laws to the letter of the law.

It would be chaos with millions of people languishing in Jail and or prison while Thailand has a long history of neglecting their prison system which is in abysmal condition.

It is simply not practicable to enforce all the laws while the law enforcement should be focused on other more important and urgent matters....but all too many of the police are commonly complicit or they are effectively blocked from enforcing the laws where they need to be enforced...so, around it goes and they enforce the laws where they can while usually the laws are enforced on the common folk and same in every country.

Cheers

Go Home! Give it a rest...get a little more sleep...do not become just another statistic...

Totally agree and for that matter 2am is more than late enough for anyone.

I like the smell of bossiness late at night, when some people think they can tell all others how they should live their life.

Edited by Berty100

OK...so many people like to party until 6 AM and then get in their vehicles and drive home drunk through the beginning of heavy morning traffic.

Not all of them but all too many while that would be a one of the valid concerns.

Anybody driving home drunk is an idiotic fool but that happens all around Thailand by Thais & foreigners. Wouldn't make any difference if the clubs closed at 6am or 2am, people would still get drunk and hop on their scooters.

Anyway, good news today, 808 seemed to crack on past 4am and Flexx closed at 6am which is an early close for Flexx. Did a walk through Ibar/Insomnia after 4am & it was open. Looks like Insomnia closed at it's usual 6am as I saw patrons walking out when I was walking back from Flexx to my hotel.

And I thought that 4 AM is the legal closing time for such venues?

So why shouldn't they close "these days" with the new city regime and the ever increasing raids.

Wasn't there a raid already on insomnia?

Police cracking down on these 2 clubs?

Not only these 2 and not always police.

Many "Thai only" clubs have been raided by Banglamung authorities for over hours, under age drinking etc.

And today 808 closed before 3:30am and Flexx around 4:30am when yesterday they were all open the usual time. Man this city has gone to shithole since 2 months ago where everything was all good sad.png
Maybe go look in the mirror....if you are out and about at those wee hours each day.....? I'm sure you are one of those positives that Pattaya can use as a poster child for the city??? ?
With a glass of warm milk and an oatmeal cookie I hope. 'So nice your nanny takes such good care...

What the heck do you care what time someone else goes to bed!? Do you live overhead a disco or what! Dude! Get your own business. Then start minding it.

Yup, spot on....my nanny does a great job and that is why I'll be around the place a whole lot longer than you....so suck it up and enjoy the view while your can.....another quality Pattaya knob....?

I like the smell of bossiness late at night, when some people think they can tell all others how they should live their life.

Up to you 2am IS more than late enough. Enough people in Pattaya with serious alcohol problems as it is no need to exacerbate the problem

I once left Flexx at about 7am and went to Marine Hotel…theres a disco up the stairs from the pool that kicks off at 8am and goes till about midday.

Place was like a war zone in Kandahar….full of smoke, pool tables and all the hookers who didn't score.

An afghan ho was fighting with a guy and asking bouncers to eject him.

Mayhem

I loved it….stuck out like a sore thumb in there….but people were off their heads….once is more than enough.

I once left Flexx at about 7am and went to Marine Hotel…theres a disco up the stairs from the pool that kicks off at 8am and goes till about midday.

Place was like a war zone in Kandahar….full of smoke, pool tables and all the hookers who didn't score.

Mayhem

I loved it….stuck out like a sore thumb in there….but people were off their heads….once is more than enough.

You're talking about Marine Yensabai disco, the arab disco. I went there once and asked at the lobby, was told it opens at 5am to 8am so I came back later for a look. That was about 4 months ago.

Stuck out like a sore thumb too as I'm not arab. It's a place for girls to go who have an arab fetish as they think all arabs are rich with oil money or they're one of those girls who's been hookering in Bahrain. All girls wear all arab style makeup. Mixx is also where girls go looking for arabs. A bit sad really as there are some girls who aren't bad looking with nice round booties & boobs.

Edited by bbi1

And I thought that 4 AM is the legal closing time for such venues?
So why shouldn't they close "these days" with the new city regime and the ever increasing raids.

Wasn't there a raid already on insomnia?

Police cracking down on these 2 clubs?
Not only these 2 and not always police.
Many "Thai only" clubs have been raided by Banglamung authorities for over hours, under age drinking etc.
And today 808 closed before 3:30am and Flexx around 4:30am when yesterday they were all open the usual time. Man this city has gone to shithole since 2 months ago where everything was all good sad.png
Maybe go look in the mirror....if you are out and about at those wee hours each day.....? I'm sure you are one of those positives that Pattaya can use as a poster child for the city??? ?
With a glass of warm milk and an oatmeal cookie I hope. 'So nice your nanny takes such good care...

What the heck do you care what time someone else goes to bed!? Do you live overhead a disco or what! Dude! Get your own business. Then start minding it.

Yup, spot on....my nanny does a great job and that is why I'll be around the place a whole lot longer than you....so suck it up and enjoy the view while your can.....another quality Pattaya knob....?

Probably not... Those of us who are competent to see to our own affairs and not wasting our time peeping into others' lives are bound to survive the coming nanny shortage in fine style. So you think being the consumate busy-body and pontificating over everyone else's bedtimes makes you the "quality" farang. Droll. Well, actually, more lame than droll. 'Droll' would be more for somebody with an actual life, even if a relatively dependent & uninteresting one.

Mayhem

You're talking about Marine Yensabai disco, the arab disco. I went there once and asked at the lobby, was told it opens at 5am to 8am so I came back later for a look. That was about 4 months ago.

Stuck out like a sore thumb too as I'm not arab. It's a place for girls to go who have an arab fetish as they think all arabs are rich with oil money or they're one of those girls who's been hookering in Bahrain. All girls wear all arab style makeup. Mixx is also where girls go looking for arabs. A bit sad really as there are some girls who aren't bad looking with nice round booties & boobs.

No…the one you speak of is in soi yensabai, the soi opposite Marine Hotel….the one Im talking about is at the back of the Marine Hotel itself…it is much smaller….and Imo much crazier…Marine Yensabai is pretty huge….this one is full of some very interesting looking people…lots of lebanese hookers and the ugliest thai women in pattaya.

• 3 weeks later...
On Friday, July 08, 2016 at 2:49 AM, Beats56 said:

Who stays up this late. Man I am in bed by 9. Watch a bit of tv and off to slumber land. I get up by 530 or 6 everyday. But I am old. Not a young pup anymore.

Old? Dead more like and it's pointless for you to live in Pattaya.

On Friday, July 08, 2016 at 3:08 AM, bbi1 said:

Who? People who like to occasionally party it up ;) I'm still a young pup myself so do blend well into the clubbing scene, especially 808 & Flexx. Not one of the oldies who occasionally turn up & stand out like a sore thumb when they walk in :)

No need for ageism 

On Friday, July 08, 2016 at 3:25 AM, bbi1 said:

In BKK Swing apparently closes at midday but Swing is the biggest craphole & fire death trap in the world.

I remember the good old days when the Thermae was open till 7am and there were no exstacy drug clubs.

In years past it was always kind of cool that should I wake up or be restless, I could wander down to walking street at 0430 and there would be a few places open.  Just the fun of being on vacation.  Want to sleep?  Sleep.  If not, wander around and it was very safe.  Much less so in recent years