Tourist Visa Yangon

I get a business visa on arrival regularly, takes a bit of paperwork 50 USD in US dollars. Have a look online about visa on arrival for tourists. Same price I believe - check the Myanmar embassy website Bangkok - all the details are there. From memory you can get it online as well so you don't have the hassle at the airport when you arrive.

Edited by Mudcrab

I walked around to the Myanmar Consulate in Chiang Mai, and picked up an application form for a visa. Seemed a lot cheaper than the costs detailed in their Embassy site.

E Visa is only available if you're flying in to the bigcities. Driving over the border from Chiang Mai needs the paper application, photo etc. Cost about U$50.

• 1 month later...

Yes I got one no problem in July. Just need to fill out the application, have flight ticket confirmations into and out of Thailand, and 2 brand new US $20 bills.

Turnaround next afternoon. Much less crowded than Vientiane. I like this embassy and Myanmar so much I am going back in January to get another. Nok Air and Air Asia have great deals to Yangon often.

Yes I got one no problem in July. Just need to fill out the application, have flight ticket confirmations into and out of Thailand, and 2 brand new US $20 bills.

Turnaround next afternoon. Much less crowded than Vientiane. I like this embassy and Myanmar so much I am going back in January to get another. Nok Air and Air Asia have great deals to Yangon often.

I'd like to try this for a visa as well.
I'll have the flight back into Thailand booked no problem, but as with many I won't have a flight back out as i might take a bus.
I read the embassy site which said.

5. confirmed round trip air ticket or hotel reservation/accommodation reference (for travelling through border)

Is this a over night booking in, let's say, Phnom Penh at the exit date?
Easier than a airline ticket refund.

Are there agents there?

Cheers

Sent from my mobile, please forgive the autocorrect.

10 hours ago, masuk said:

I'm told that e-visas are now ok for all border crossings, not only flights into the bigger cities.

The e-visa can only be used at 3 border crossings. Mae Sai,  Mae Sot and Ranong are the crossings where they can be used.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hohososo said:

Why is yangon seemingly less popular as a SETV destination than Laos?

I guess just because it's only really been an option in the last couple of years.  Hotels used to be silly prices in yangon, nothing under $100 US a night.  I just went and got a non B in yangon a week ago. Plenty of cheap places to stay of booking.com.   Much less queues at the embassy than Vientianne and dirt cheap once you get there.

• 1 year later...
On 9/7/2016 at 7:52 AM, ubonjoe said:

The e-visa can only be used at 3 border crossings. Mae Sai,  Mae Sot and Ranong are the crossings where they can be used.

As far as I know, you don't need a visa to enter Myanmar, every time I went to Mae Sai they just stamped me in (I think I paid 500 baht).

Am I missing something?

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Cletus said:

As far as I know, you don't need a visa to enter Myanmar, every time I went to Mae Sai they just stamped me in (I think I paid 500 baht).

Am I missing something?

Thanks

To enter a border-area (for a Thai border-bounce) you can get a border pass. 

But to fly into Yangoon (or travel beyond a border area), you need a Myanmar Visa.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cletus said:

Am I missing something?

That is only possible at land border crossings for a stay within the general area of the crossing using a border pass.

If going further into Myanmar you need a visa.

• Like 1