Jailed Meth Trafficker Breathless after Sentence

geovalin

A woman sentenced to 28 years in prison on drug trafficking charges by the Phnom Penh Municipal Court threw herself on the ground and appeared to faint while speaking to reporters after her trial yesterday. Presiding judge Meng Tony identified the woman as convicted drug trafficker Kuy Sreyleak.

“I was innocent, but the court has sentenced me to 28 years in prison and fined me 60 million riel. It was an injustice for me,” Ms. Sreyleak told Khmer Times. “I cannot accept it. I want to die now!” she exclaimed before tumbling to the floor and appearing to lose consciousness.

Her defense lawyer, Ngan Touchsophorn, echoed her client’s sentiment, albeit while remaining upright. Ms. Sreyleak, already in the midst of serving a previous five-year drug trafficking sentence, was convicted again of drug trafficking yesterday alongside Bun Sorphoan, a 16-year-old former employee of Lavika Karaoke Entertainment, who was sentenced to 15 years in prison.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/27014/jailed-meth-trafficker-breathless-after-sentence/