Standard Chartered Bank Thailand

I already hold a Krungsri Thai bank account and am considering opening a savings account with debit card at Standard Chartered bank in which to have my UK state pension payments paid into.

As Standard Chartered are a British multi-national bank with branches in Thailand, does anyone know if it's a straightforward process of opening an account, i.e. copy or certified copy of passport, non immigrant O visa or retirement extension if required and of course a cash deposit or do they require more documentation?

It was a straight forward to open a bank with them but I found them not to be very enthusiastic. I have banked with Standard Chartered for a number of years but I did close the account with the Bangkok branch.

They are a good bank but the one in Thailand does not show that

Just because a Thai bank carries the parent's name from your home country does not mean it operates "or thinks" like a home country branch because banks in Thailand operate under Thai govt laws and Bank of Thailand regulations...also.licensed by the BOT. When comparing banks (even of the same corporate name) between countries it can be like trying to compare night and day.