Slimjet Browser.

NoshowJones

I changed to SlimJet,when i was starting to have difficulties with Opera 12,(dont like the new Opera)

looked at several browsers,and found this to be the best for my needs,but

i don't use all the included settings,the speed dial does not work as good as

Opera's, that's my only complaint.

regards worgeordie

I'm a loooong-time SRWare Iron user (it's another Chrome fork from a German company) but since we've beaten them on last Wednesday... OK just joking about the German thing, really since a post made by someone here I've decided to give it a try and I must say that I'm really impressed. Been using it for a couple of weeks and I don't think I'll go back to Iron.

It has tons of very useful features built-in, seems a little bit less memory-hungry (I have a lowly 32-bit machine with 4 Gb RAM).

My only concern is that apparently source code is not available unlike Iron and I don't know what's the business plan of the company behind it, so there's always a small risk that it's phoning home to leak usage data. Well, just like the regular Chrome does.

It still fully supports Windows XP too unlike Chrome and Iron.

I use it. Seems faster than Chrome. I like the built -in download button for Youtube videos.

I downloaded Slimjet and then gave it the same treatment as Cyberfox by uninstalling it as IDM did not appear in youtube.

I just remembered that you said it has a download button for youtube videos.

I use Firefox as my second browser, but I am fed up having to keep signing on all the time, when you want to sign in, It comes up in Thai, then you

have to click on "English".

I never sign in to Slimjet when I use it and so far everything's been in English. One thing I don't like is when ever I get the option to upgrade to the new and improved version I get a pop-up that says 'this file may harm your computer. Not sure what that's about, so i've rarely upgraded.

Edited by Rob13