Soyuz craft docks at International Space Station

rooster59

Soyuz craft docks at International Space Station

post-247607-0-10597900-1468120475_thumb.

Russia’s Soyuz spacecraft has successfully docked with the International Space Station where its 48th mission is underway.

Russian cosmonaut Anatoly Ivanishin, NASA astronaut Kathleen Rubins and Japanese astronaut Takuya Onishi were onboard the craft and joined Russian cosmonauts Oleg Skripochka, Aleksey Ovchinin and NASA astronaut Jeffrey Williams at the station.

Among the scientific experiments being carried out are the testing of DNA sequences in space, investigating bone loss in space and tracking ships around the world.

The Soyuz craft was launched from the Baikonur Cosmodrome on July 7 and before docking orbited Earth 34 times.

For more than 15 years, humans have been living continuously aboard the International Space Station to advance scientific knowledge and demonstrate new technologies, making research breakthroughs not possible on Earth that also will enable long-duration human and robotic exploration into deep space.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-07-10

and here on earth both countries want to tear each other's throat out.

Amazing.

We can cooperate in space but not on earth. I guess there is no money to be made up there. Yet.

Yes strange how in space we can all get along. Maybe We should channel Our energies into exploring instead of goring

...space...and arms 'races'....all paid for by lowly taxpayers.....

....check the names and connections of the manufacturers.....

...remember the $400 screws......

...that is the scale they operate at......

Personally, I think it is a great achievement.........I am registered with Nasa, and get an e-mal when the station will be overhead....myself and my Son regularly watch it pass over, and it has sparked an interest in the sciences with him that no amount of facebook chat or computer games could do.