UK Visitor Visa - Bank now is paperless! Statements

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for all the people that make this the great resource it is.

I am currently putting together an application for my Thai girlfriend to visit the UK for 3 weeks. I think that we are able to satisfy most of the requirements. I understand that I must supply evidence showing support for the duration of her stay. However, my bank does not send statements to my UK address. It is now saving the planet and had gone paperless. I am able to print off PDF statements with full bank headers etc. Will this be accepted?

I will be making a separate post for my second question but I'll ask here too.

I don't work in the UK. I am usually contracting in Europe. I have a UK company and most of my money is in the business accounts there. Will this have any bearing on our application? The account shows my company name and my name on the PDF statement.

Thanks and all the best to you all for your help

I found this but it is from 2012. Also, I don't have internet banking per se. It's a normal account with internet banking. Not exclusively internet.

With regard to internet banking, we acknowledge the fact that original statements may not be produced and will accept the internet printouts especially if they are backed with other forms of original evidence such as employment contracts and wage slips.

Bank statements whether they be originals or internet printouts (when no originals are produced) must be

(i) from a financial institution regulated by the appropriate regulatory body for the country in which that institution is operating.
(ii) not be from a financial institution on the list of excluded institutions in Appendix P of these rules.
(iii) in relation to personal bank statements be only in the name of:

(1) the applicant's partner, the applicant or both as appropriate; or
(2) if the applicant is a child the applicant parent's partner, the applicant's parent or both as appropriate; or
(3) if the applicant is an adult dependent relative, the applicant's sponsor or the applicant,
unless otherwise stated.

The UKVI used to require that statements be actual original hard copies and that any printed via the Internet are verified by the bank. That may still be the case, but if it is I can't find any official advice, but that doesn't mean it's not there somewhere.

There have been numerous reports of people using internet based statements to successfully apply for a visa. If you have a branch near you, you could ask them to verify them, though as you say the entries are backed up with other supporting evidence. ECO's do live in the real and will be aware of this trend, maybe add a line in your supporting evidence.

The source of your income shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1

My wife has successfully applied for 3 UK visitor visa's using my internet printed statements evidencing my income/finances (as I was paying for the trips).

Likewise.

Last time I only presented an online Premium Bond summary plus P60 for my income.

The proposed trip is only for 3 weeks so the amount required is quite minimal. By stating that you have/are covering all costs of transport and accommodation you have a good case for saying that 'normal' income will cover the 3 week stay.

You will state in the application what the total cost of the visit is and a copy bank statement covering that will suffice.

• Like 1