US man wanted on kidnapping charge detained in Thailand

webfact

Moline man wanted on kidnapping charge detained in Thailand
Tara Becker

BANGKOK: -- A Moline man accused of taking his 6-year-old son out of the country in violation of a court-arranged visitation agreement was arrested Sunday in Bangkok, Thailand.

Daniel R. Glaus, 48, was detained by Royal Thai Police on an $500,000 East Moline arrest warrant on kidnapping charges. Extradition is pending.

East Moline Police Lt. Darren Gault said the department received a complaint for unlawful visitation interference on June 19.

The mother of a 6-year-old boy reported that Glaus, who is the non-custodial parent, had not returned the boy after his normal court-arranged normal visitation, Gault said.

Full story: http://qctimes.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/moline-man-wanted-on-kidnapping-charge-detained-in-thailand/article_762734a6-922e-519d-9cfe-6bba8103bd7c.html

-- QCTimes 2016-07-13

I unfortunately know too many foreigners who had to steal their own kids and flee the country with them to escape horrible mothers.

That said, knock up a bar girl and what do you expect?

I unfortunately know too many foreigners who had to steal their own kids and flee the country with them to escape horrible mothers.

I think you need to read the story again !

I think you need to read the story again !
And perhaps, try clicking the FULL STORY Link!

Really? No it's the filthy western man who travels abroad for sex with foreign women. Are you one?

Really? No it's the filthy western man who travels abroad for sex with foreign women. Are you one?

Yes I am one of those guys, lived here around 10 years and have had sex with the locals. Now do i qualify in your mind, go preach somewhere else.

are you one of those bible thumpers ?

Edited by robblok

Really?

Many men in the West loose their children because of the antics of their ex-wives over alimony.

A very, very sad state of affairs.

And some men defy the bloody stupid courts, and take their child with them, some to Thailand.

And then, in your warped view, you call those sorry guys filthy because, again in your warped view, they come to Thailand for sex with "foreign" women?

In my view, but who am, you have a very filthy idea about this problem.

To answer your question, no I am not one.

And you?

Edited by hansnl

I just wrote that because he attacked bar girls. I'm no preacher and no hypocrite.

Ok, good, and people should not look down on bar girls. They are just making a living and guys that marry them know what they get into.

Kidnapped boy returned after Illinois Police locate him in Bangkok
KWQC Staff Reports

EAST MOLINE, Ill. (KWQC) – The East Moline Police Department in Illinois had some international help to reunite a kidnapped child with his mother.

On June 19, 2016, the mother of a 6-year-old boy reported that his estranged father, 48-year-old Daniel R. Glaus of Moline, had not returned the child after court arranged normal child visitation.

After the child was again not returned on June 20, 2016, the East Moline Police Department Investigation Division began an investigation to attempt to contact Glaus. Investigators determined that he had left the United States on an international flight accompanied by his son.

On June 20, 2016, police issued a warrant for Glaus’ arrest.

Full story: http://wishtv.com/2016/07/13/kidnapped-boy-returned-after-illinois-police-locate-him-in-bangkok/

-- WISHTV8 2016-07-14

What I love about these cases is that the father will ALWAYS end up the bad guy.

Butter wouldn't melt in a woman's mouth and they could never do any harm.

What really makes me cry though is that most men are stupid enough to allow themselves to be used as enforcers against other men.

If neither is adjudicated a poor parent, western law normally awards child custody to the mother and assesses support payments and visitation rights to the father. It appears this man violated his rights to the child.

The legal precedent is perhaps based in the traditional male bread-winner/female home-maker ideology. Of course, other outcomes can prevail; if there is sufficient rationale for circumventing the norm. In short, if you can prove nothing wrong with the mother of your child or you do not have enough funds to buy the situation; you best be content with visitation and support.

However, in many eastern legal systems, the father's rights are held supreme; unfortunately a foreign father is seldom endowed with that right.

yes, i am. suspect most of us here are. in fact i have 2 kids with a girl i met in a bar. for all you haters she is one of the best mothers i have ever seen.