2 days singapore.

overherebc

Going to S for a couple of nights soon with SWMBO.

Haven't been for a couple of years and checking hotels etc I expect to pay 4000 to 6000 a night.

Never stayed in China town before but would be interested in info from those who have.

Good,bad or indifferent reports welcome.

I haven't stayed in actual Chinatown but have stayed on fringes (most hotel booking sites still loosely call the Outram Park area Chinatown).

If you are dependent on public transport, I like the Dorsett Singapore hotel. There is an exit from the Outram Park MRT that is around the corner from the hotel, great if you are tired or it's raining. I am actually booked to stay there again next month. They have Posturepedic mattresses on the bed, a pool, and are within your price range.

Lot's of interesting restaurants and bars in the area.This area is very close walking distance to the Maxwell Food Center and you could even walk to Chinatown proper (area right by Chinatown MRT station) in 15 minutes or it's 1 MRT stop past Chinatown. Also in case you are not familiar with Eatigo (discount site for eating reservations-discount amount based on time of day you reserve, up to 50% discount on food) it started in Singapore. You can look for restaurants by area, food type, or name.