Which scooter models fit a helmet under the seat?

I am looking into buying a scooter and i wondered what models and brand of scooters have large inner space under the seat that can fit a helmet inside? Thanks

Yamaha grand Filano can take 2 helmets under the seat

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

I would have thought the stock standard easiest to use and service and buy would be the Honda Clicks.

I test drove both and the Yamaha is a much better bike.

Matter of opinion.....but in favour of the Honda's is that there are a heap of them about second hand and dealers....far more than Yamaha.

The Yamaha is quite stylish, and I do like it, but its not to everyone's style. It is the styling that leads you to be able to put two "Thai" helmets in.....it is a much bigger compartment than the Honda for sure. A full mask helmet does reduce the space available for a second, and I would not be sure it could fit in sideways like the smaller Thai helmets it promotes,

Because the Yamaha model is fairly new there are not much options for used ones, whereas Clicks are everywhere, again only an issue if budget is a consideration. New price both are fairly close. It takes a while to get used to the automatic cut out on the new Clicks.. Only mention the used as yesterday OP posted about where to find a cheap second hand motorcycle.

In CM, to me, Honda are much more available, new and used, and serviceable in a lot more places

Edited by mamborobert

I would have thought the stock standard easiest to use and service and buy would be the Honda Clicks.

Matter of opinion.....but in favour of the Honda's is that there are a heap of them about second hand and dealers....far more than Yamaha.

The Yamaha is quite stylish, and I do like it, but its not to everyone's style. It is the styling that leads you to be able to put two "Thai" helmets in.....it is a much bigger compartment than the Honda for sure. A full mask helmet does reduce the space available for a second, and I would not be sure it could fit in sideways like the smaller Thai helmets it promotes,

Because the Yamaha model is fairly new there are not much options for used ones, whereas Clicks are everywhere, again only an issue if budget is a consideration. New price both are fairly close. It takes a while to get used to the automatic cut out on the new Clicks.. Only mention the used as yesterday OP posted about where to find a cheap second hand motorcycle.

In CM, to me, Honda are much more available, new and used, and serviceable in a lot more places

I couldn't get my knees in with knocking them on the click, yes I bought it new they have me a full head helmet which fits a treat with space to spare, there's also a neat little peg under the seat that you can hook the D ring on the helmet strap to, do it hangs outside the seat but it's still secured by the locked seat.

There's plenty of Yamaha fino's knocking around.

I use the Honda Click as well. Can fit a regular helmet under the seat and with a bit of diddling around you can get 2 more hooked onto the pegs that secure them when the seat is lowered and locked into place. I do find those front pegs a bit of a PITA at times but that may be to the style of helmet I have, and it not having long enough straps (with the little peg holes) on either side. The main problem I have with the Click though is that the seat won't lock in properly. I've tried various methods of closing it to try and get the lock to catch and usually end up having to slam it shut (even when nothing is stored underneath it. On (very) rare occasions I can close the seat and gently push it down until I hear the lock "click" but normally I have to try 3-4 times and then give it a short, sharp slam to get it to lock.

Buying a moto because of it's ability to store a helmet may not be the wisest idea. I bought the Click for the engine size (125 cc) and price. It only has a single rear shock which isn't a problem for me but if you are a larger fellow or expect to be carrying a fair bit of weight you may want to consider a different model.

If helmet security is an issue, I'd suggest getting a small padlock and locking that to your handlebar. Then when you stop somewhere, lock your helmet to the handlebar. Remember though that a lock only keeps the honest people honest. If they really want your helmet that bad they could still steal it.

Another alternative is the Honda PCX. I've had one for 5 yrs and it is extremely reliable. Never even had to replace a battery. Takes a full face helmet under the seat plus 4 large Leo'stongue.png

I've seen quite a few second hand ones for sale around CM

I keep my answer simple to what is being asked,, majority of the scooters particularly the automatics are design to fit a helmet but not a full shield models. The PCX which is what I have also a click/Wave, has the largest compartment. I can place a full size and Mushroom inside.

Edited by thailand49

First, what helmet? Advice: Go find yourself a good helmet ( full face or flip up and pay 3-6,000 Baht for it). Then, with helmet in hand, go find a motorbike. I have a PCX 150, but I bought a full face helmet and it would not fit so I got a rear mounted helmet box, which also comes in very handy for running to Macro or the market. You can put a kitchen sink under the Forza seat. Or, find out what small bikes you can add a helmet box to and then you could save some money on the motorbike.

Another alternative is the Honda PCX. I've had one for 5 yrs and it is extremely reliable. Never even had to replace a battery. Takes a full face helmet under the seat plus 4 large Leo'stongue.png

I've seen quite a few second hand ones for sale around CM

I second that, Honda PCX is the best small scooter in my opinion. I bought one 4 years ago when the new design came out, girlfriend has it now. Had a 6 month service at Mityon garage just a few weeks ago, cost just 350 baht. Plenty of room under the seat and plenty of room on the seat for passenger.

Cheap to run, ultra reliable, never failed to start and never gone wrong although we do service every 6 months but cheap to service and get parts so no problem. Also, it seems a little more stable and substantial then other small scooters.

Highly recommend.

Be care with the Yamaha, especially the Fino as it depreciates at an alarming rate.

I use PCX and fit a full face easily, but it wouldn't do two. Maybe it would do 2 open fronted helmets if they would sit partially inside the other. What we do if there are two up is put one inside, then attach the other by the chin brace on the outside and close the seat on it.

Grand Filano can store a helmet + a days worth of durian fruit

I thought that 'chip fat exhaust smell' had a rather odd variation around these parts. Now I know it's hot durian sat under someone's ass I'll never be able to look at it (durian I mean) the same again. Maybe if you take just one 'seed' (or clove/segment if you prefer) it could stay close to your cheeks and keep you going all day. After all a full Durian can be as much as 1500 Calories. I wish my bike would run on it too.

I get about on a honda wave 125. It fits my aussie xl helmet with full visor in no prob.

In the front basket yes? rolleyes.gif

Under the seat champ. 2015 model. I'm not at home to show the thing in there, but if you insist, and are willing to make an apology for being misleading, then I will get someone to take a pic for me. I shouldn't have to but. Anyhow...........

post-76159-0-34470300-1468662438_thumb.j

Here's the space. There is no battery in there like the 110.

Edited by Goanna