Jetstar flight grounded: Hundreds of passengers stranded in Melbourne, Bangkok

webfact

Awful airline anyway,flew it to Bangkok once from Sydney out of desperation,to escape the post-New Year's Eve party miserable Sydneyites and it was full of Aussie Bogans,all acting like complete a**holes I couldn't get off fast enough!

"Full of Aussie bogans" really, are you say all on board, except yourself, were ALL Aussies and ALL were "bogans" , pity you didn't leave the flight midway. By the way all countries, including Thailand, have bogans. And you judge an airline because you had an uncomfortable flight due to other passengers... I know who the real "bogan" is.

It seems to me, its perfectly acceptable on these boards to generalise and stereotype the whole Thai nation, and other various nationalities using derogatory comments so why not the Aussies...?

I think it's more a reflection on a certain proportion of Jetstar passengers rather than th country as a whole. Most Jetstar passengers are families looking for an affordable vacation: unfortunately when you get 30, 40, 50 bogans, hoons, drunks, whatever , on the same flight it has adverse consequences for everyone.

It's no different from a discount airline in any other part of the world. But it is a terrible airline : the cabin crews are ok ( mostly Asian) but the ground staff: the absolute pits.

As usual Pr, you are bang on.

I usually fly ek business class, never Seen a bogan up there yet 5555555 but on the way to the lounge pre flight I've had the misfortune to see scum floating around with their budget airline boarding passes. They're like rats with gold teeth. I'd rather die than get on an air Asia flight.....must be hell.

There's a few dead sheets down the back of the ek plane, but not as many as those aweful budget airlines.

Air travel has changed so much over the years, it's a pity.

Awful airline anyway,flew it to Bangkok once from Sydney out of desperation,to escape the post-New Year's Eve party miserable Sydneyites and it was full of Aussie Bogans,all acting like complete a**holes I couldn't get off fast enough!

"Full of Aussie bogans" really, are you say all on board, except yourself, were ALL Aussies and ALL were "bogans" , pity you didn't leave the flight midway. By the way all countries, including Thailand, have bogans. And you judge an airline because you had an uncomfortable flight due to other passengers... I know who the real "bogan" is.

You haven't met many Australians, have you?

No disprespect intended but you are sounding like a bit of a snob.

Have never flown with them, but at least they are grounding the flight for work, it shows at least responsibility for passenger safety.

If this was a Thai related airline, they had grounded the aircraft, there wouldn't be comments about showing responsibility, there would be comments of how Thai's don't fix anything and leave things until they break.. and you cant say Thai and maintenance in the same sentence etc....

Cheap budget airliners carrying "high quality" tourists???

Don't make me laugh.

Come on fred.........put a photo of yourself up!......how old are you old boy!!!.......how did you end up in thailand?....reveal yourself Fred!

Another thailand dick of the highest order......thinks he's better than everyone else....gigglem.gif

jetstar is a budget airline operating out of a country whose citizen have massive problems with their new found wealth created by having uneducated morons dig holes in the ground combined with a complete inability to separate being intoxicated from being violent.

it reflects on all aspects of australian society. who would want to go out on a weekend evening into an australian city? or fly as a passenger on one of their budget airlines?

jetstar is a budget airline operating out of a country whose citizen have massive problems with their new found wealth created by having uneducated morons dig holes in the ground combined with a complete inability to separate being intoxicated from being violent.

it reflects on all aspects of australian society. who would want to go out on a weekend evening into an australian city? or fly as a passenger on one of their budget airlines?

Yes, I think they would probably welcome a Brexit too!

Good one.........morons digging holesthumbsup.gif ..........they kept digging holes so much it has fuelled the ridiculous home prices they and australians pay....

The prices in the vicinity of the 'mines'(perth mainly) has made it un-liveable for the locals who are not part of the mining boom..

I live in melbourne and it's been voted world's most liveable city a few times......Melbourne is as boring as hell.....so yes,why would you want to go out

on a weekend and pay for overpriced beer and terrible lack of atmosphere entertainment!!

My beef with this outfit is the difficulty to get clear answers about luggage allowances and more.

I fly regularly Bkk to Ho Chi Minh City and return and Bkk to Hanoi and return. A couple of times their promotion fares looked interesting but on their website no details whatever about luggage (is there a free allowance and/or how many baht for 15 kilos), do you offer extra travel insurance etc, etc.

I called their Bkk office a couple of times and got no answers whatever and the Bkk staff clearly quite surprised by my questions, response was: - Please call our Singapore office, and - Please call our Hanoi office.

On the other hand about 2 years back I did take advantage of a very low fare to HCMC and I was flying with just a cabin bag. The staff at check-in were focused, listened carefully and good English and friendly. The cabin crew were excellent, very customer focused, very safety focused, very well presented and listened carefully to any comments or request from passengers and everything was 'can do' and quickly. On that particular flight all of the cabin crew were Vietnamese and they all spoke very advanced English.

Most budget airlines sell the base fare as carry-on only. Baggage is an add-on in the purchase process and you select the level you require.

Thanks, I'm aware of that but not all airlines, Nok Air has 15 kg check-in free and Lion Air the same.

And at that time (I don't know about now) their website was just unclear about check-in luggage and seemed to suggest 'pay for check-in luggage at check-in time'. I want something more clear than that.

I only use Jetstar when Royal Thai don't have any promotions to suit me.

Spending 10 hours on a night flight I am asleep a lot so it's bearable!

Good idea!!!....yes,better to pay 200 more for the superior airline and a mostly shut- eye journey....smile.png

Ohh...and as a lot will find out in the not too distant future.....that new found wealth' is only paper wealth!...it will be taken at the stroke of a pen once

the boom unravels and home prices head dramatically south!!!...

Good one.........morons digging holesthumbsup.gif ..........they kept digging holes so much it has fuelled the ridiculous home prices they and australians pay....

The prices in the vicinity of the 'mines'(perth mainly) has made it un-liveable for the locals who are not part of the mining boom..

I live in melbourne and it's been voted world's most liveable city a few times......Melbourne is as boring as hell.....so yes,why would you want to go out

on a weekend and pay for overpriced beer and terrible lack of atmosphere entertainment!!

nothing to do with the original post but 100% agreed!

let's start a new thread to cover this. you or me?

Ohh...and as a lot will find out in the not too distant future.....that new found wealth' is only paper wealth!...it will be taken at the stroke of a pen once

ok we read that many times before. a country the size of the mainland us with a population of the city of mexico will not loose on property value.

(i have got ALL my investments staked against that).

oz might loose it's resources wealth when everyone realises how crappy coal is but in the end everyone wants to live in paradise...

and oz has got lots of paradise to offer!

ok we read that many times before. a country the size of the mainland us with a population of the city of mexico will not loose on property value.

oz might loose it's resources wealth when everyone realises how crappy coal is but in the end everyone wants to live in paradise...

Obviously you're talking about foreign investors buying and keeping prices inflated....yes,it is happening now(chinese etc)but if we don't start

creating new jobs i IMHO think not enough jobs will sink the market south dramatically...remember most of the foreigners buy and live in melbourne

but will they start new businesses!!.....If not.....prices can only stay high for how long?

and the new thread I will start will be entitled...........Is melbourne a good retirement village.....cheesy.gif

Edited by Nasrullah

Obviously you're talking about foreign investors buying and keeping prices inflated....yes,it is happening now(chinese etc)but if we don't start

creating new jobs i IMHO think not enough jobs will sink the market south dramatically...remember most of the foreigners buy and live in melbourne

but will they start new businesses!!.....If not.....prices can only stay high for how long?

and the new thread I will start will be entitled...........Is melbourne a good retirement village.....cheesy.gif

please do so, i'll be on board straight away. my 2nd daughter lives in mel and she is far from...

see you on the other one!

I wanted to repeat it a few times so people can read it and not forget it, i repeat it word for word, this was my worst nightmare, again got the same flight, Sydney to Bangkok, it goes to Melbourne to pick up stranded passengers on the way to Bangkok, a plane full of hippies on their way to Khao San Road, never again Jetshit or Virginshit, same same.

Maybe the pilot and co-pilot weren't Aussies and weren't massive Bogans,we'll never know as they never came out of the cabin?As for the rest...bah.gif

It seems to me, its perfectly acceptable on these boards to generalise and stereotype the whole Thai nation, and other various nationalities using derogatory comments so why not the Aussies...?

I think it's more a reflection on a certain proportion of Jetstar passengers rather than th country as a whole. Most Jetstar passengers are families looking for an affordable vacation: unfortunately when you get 30, 40, 50 bogans, hoons, drunks, whatever , on the same flight it has adverse consequences for everyone.

It's no different from a discount airline in any other part of the world. But it is a terrible airline : the cabin crews are ok ( mostly Asian) but the ground staff: the absolute pits.

I think, but who am I, a plane ful of Australian Bogans, whatever they are, are to be preferred to a plane flying from Bangkok to Amsterdam and the other way around, where most of the passengers are mainland Chinese, stripping the pantries of all food and drink within an hour after departure, shouting and spitting, "spoiling" the toilets, and ultimately starting a fight.

Guess "Bogans" of whatever nationality but chinese are highly preferably.

Sometimes flights are good, sometimes bad.

There are no mainland Chinese passengers on the AMS-BKK flight. Taiwanese in the past yes when they flew AMS-BKK-TPE. But nowadays it just AMS-BKK-AMS. Always a quiet flight when no babies on board.

You haven't met many Australians, have you?

What a stupid comment, I am an Aussie, have met 10's of thousands of Australians. Like I said, every country has it's bogans.