Computer Repairs At Home.

monsieurhappy

Hi,

My friend has a problem with his computer so we are looking for someone to come to his house to fix it. I've done a search and found someone who posted about this before but it was so long ago I don't know whether I'll get an answer to the email I sent him. Instead of just waiting around I was wondering if anyone knows someone they can recommend. The problem seems to be that when windows is opening all the colours are out of order or mixed up. We neither have any idea what the problem can be so we'd much rather have a qualified person take a look. I know there are people who do computer repairs at home, just need a number. Thanks. :o:D

Hi,

My friend has a problem with his computer so we are looking for someone to come to his house to fix it. I've done a search and found someone who posted about this before but it was so long ago I don't know whether I'll get an answer to the email I sent him. Instead of just waiting around I was wondering if anyone knows someone they can recommend. The problem seems to be that when windows is opening all the colours are out of order or mixed up. We neither have any idea what the problem can be so we'd much rather have a qualified person take a look. I know there are people who do computer repairs at home, just need a number. Thanks. :o:D

Is it a standard crt monitor or an LCD monitor? and if its a crt type are there like patches of colour over the screen?

Edited by sumrit

Hi,

I use a guy here in Pattaya named Kilin. He speaks great english. Modest prices-usually about 500 baht per house call. He is very competent! Phone is 01-295-3860. Good luck..I just HATE having computer problems....

Hi,

Is it a standard crt monitor or an LCD monitor? and if its a crt type are there like patches of colour over the screen?

It's a LCD monitor ( Sony ) basically, if you look at the screen when it has words on it eg. safe start page, working from left to right, every other vertical line of letters are missing. I suppose the same when showing the desktop in colour but then it looks like some horizontal lines are also missing. I hope you can understand that? Sometimes after startup and trying to get to safe mode, a page of letters appears and you cannot exit without cutting the power.

The problem first happened last week, my friend had been in UK for a while so the computer had not been started. We switched on and logged on to internet ( very slow Loxinfo dial up ) The yellow shield came up for XP updates, so we left the machine updating while we had a cuppa tea. When we went to see the progress, the screen was blank as in power down mode but when I touched the mouse to bring it back up, nothing happened. Nothing would bring the screen to life, not even Ctrl-Alt-Del. So we turned off the power, gave it a few seconds, then turned it on again. This is when the problem I have detailed above started. Again we switched off the power. A hour or so later we tried once more and it seemed to start no problem. As it was getting late and my friend didn't want to use the comp. we closed down normally. Then yesterday from first power up-Problem!

Someone as sent me the number for an American guy who does computer repairs so we'll probably try him. Thanks anyway, Pete.

I also use a young Thai guy and have for the last 6 years, he has installed large networks for me, 30 plus computers but is happy carrying out small day to day tasks as well, has a car and will come visit you.

Kwan - 0813464331 Just say Rob gave you his number.. Nice young lad.

Hi,

My friend has a problem with his computer so we are looking for someone to come to his house to fix it. I've done a search and found someone who posted about this before but it was so long ago I don't know whether I'll get an answer to the email I sent him. Instead of just waiting around I was wondering if anyone knows someone they can recommend. The problem seems to be that when windows is opening all the colours are out of order or mixed up. We neither have any idea what the problem can be so we'd much rather have a qualified person take a look. I know there are people who do computer repairs at home, just need a number. Thanks. :D:D

It's a LCD monitor ( Sony ) basically, if you look at the screen when it has words on it eg. safe start page, working from left to right, every other vertical line of letters are missing. I suppose the same when showing the desktop in colour but then it looks like some horizontal lines are also missing. I hope you can understand that? Sometimes after startup and trying to get to safe mode, a page of letters appears and you cannot exit without cutting the power.

The problem first happened last week, my friend had been in UK for a while so the computer had not been started. We switched on and logged on to internet ( very slow Loxinfo dial up ) The yellow shield came up for XP updates, so we left the machine updating while we had a cuppa tea. When we went to see the progress, the screen was blank as in power down mode but when I touched the mouse to bring it back up, nothing happened. Nothing would bring the screen to life, not even Ctrl-Alt-Del. So we turned off the power, gave it a few seconds, then turned it on again. This is when the problem I have detailed above started. Again we switched off the power. A hour or so later we tried once more and it seemed to start no problem. As it was getting late and my friend didn't want to use the comp. we closed down normally. Then yesterday from first power up-Problem!

Someone as sent me the number for an American guy who does computer repairs so we'll probably try him. Thanks anyway, Pete.

You could unplug the machine remove the video card and reseat it, maybe leaving it has caused some corrosion that is stopping it working properly.

I too have used Kilin he is good but never really seems like he wants to turn out! :o

Tutcom and South Pattaya Road, on the forth floor ( i think), many computer stalls, when ever i have a problem i either

1) Take my computer to them, which often is easier and quicker as Thais couldn’t find any housing estate or even a land mark for instance View Talay 1 condo. If it was the only condo block in Jomtein, they would be driving around all night “where your room Mr”. Adding “I not know this place”. Then when they finally fall upon it some 8 hours later “Ah Mr I come here many times”

2) Get them to come to my house and wait for the 10 phone calls "Mr where you", to which I reply "in the same place when you called first and exactly as written on the map in Tinglish". With the only reply they know, pass the phone to one of their friends who has a lower i.q and speaks even less English. “Hello, Hello, Hello,”

If taking your computer to Tukcom, do not, repeat do not go on Tuesday or Friday. No parking due to the amount of people turning up at the market opposite and walking around bewildered, finally stopping at the most narrow walkway, looking into a vendors jump pile, holding up everyone behind for some 2 minutes before finally walking on without even asking the price of any of the fantastic products on offer. Tyre kickers. They all come out of a Tuesday and Friday.

Tutcom and South Pattaya Road, on the forth floor ( i think), many computer stalls, when ever i have a problem i either

1) Take my computer to them, which often is easier and quicker as Thais couldn’t find any housing estate or even a land mark for instance View Talay 1 condo. If it was the only condo block in Jomtein, they would be driving around all night “where your room Mr”. Adding “I not know this place”. Then when they finally fall upon it some 8 hours later “Ah Mr I come here many times”

2) Get them to come to my house and wait for the 10 phone calls "Mr where you", to which I reply "in the same place when you called first and exactly as written on the map in Tinglish". With the only reply they know, pass the phone to one of their friends who has a lower i.q and speaks even less English. “Hello, Hello, Hello,”

If taking your computer to Tukcom, do not, repeat do not go on Tuesday or Friday. No parking due to the amount of people turning up at the market opposite and walking around bewildered, finally stopping at the most narrow walkway, looking into a vendors jump pile, holding up everyone behind for some 2 minutes before finally walking on without even asking the price of any of the fantastic products on offer. Tyre kickers. They all come out of a Tuesday and Friday.

"(Be not) dismayed by unworthy little things which would trouble and disturb your spirit." - The Quiet Mind. Sayings of White Eagle.