Nirun Grand Ville, in Central Pattaya Raided for Overstayers

snoop1130

Nirun Grand Ville, in Central Pattaya Raided for Overstayers

By Albert Jack

post-249866-0-36016500-1468580959_thumb.

PATTAYA -- Nirun Grand Ville in Central Pattaya Raided for Overstayers

On the morning of July 15, Pattaya police, immigration officers and members of the Tourist Police Department carried out a coordinated search of the Nirun Grand Ville Condominiums,, Soi Arunothai, Central Pattaya.

After a thorough search of the premises no illegal substances were found and all foreigners, apart from two, were able to produce their passports with valid and current visas.

Full Story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/227525/nirun-grand-ville-raided-overstayers/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2016-07-15

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite scary that they can just go into your home and check without a warrant or anything. That they want to check for people overstaying.. ok but a house to house search for substances is crazy.

makes me very scared in the light of stories of planting drugs etc by the police that I have heard

They can just invade your house for no reason without a warrant and then "find" a bag of heroin in your cupboard?

Same with your car

Edited by sweatalot

Quite scary that they can just go into your home and check without a warrant or anything. That they want to check for people overstaying.. ok but a house to house search for substances is crazy.

Under Thai Law, police have no right to come into your home unless they have a warrant or you let them in.Things might be different under current martial law though.

Passports can be checked at the door.

Get used to it.

Get used to it.

Would be the only constructive comment I have read all day.

Please update yourself what the powers of Martial Law include and put Section 44 on top of that - may give you some idea - they can basically do ANYTHING they like!!

Please update yourself what the powers of Martial Law include and put Section 44 on top of that - may give you some idea - they can basically do ANYTHING they like!!

Section 44 means they do nothing. They cant even stop kids racing their bikes. Look at the army on show. Kids who would rather be racing their bikes.

How scared can you get,

Means nothing , just show them your passport in the door with the valid visa, lets hope they scare off some of the overstayers. If they could visit all the condo buildings here , they would get rid of some nasty people.

Substances is worse, to my thinking than overstay! Never have and never will be a user, other than chocolate and Ladies, natural born Ladies that is !

Forget about civil rights here. There aren't any. I wonder what reaction would be if you said "Come on in (ask for one to do the search). Hope you don't mind if I video the search just for the record's sake.....".

over stayers can not be up to any good

as genuine visitors will obtain legal visa in

case they wish to extend their stay.

over stayers are pests who will undermine the social

frame work with undesirable activities.

weed them out.

that is the right approach.

Substances is worse, to my thinking than overstay! Never have and never will be a user, other than chocolate and Ladies, natural born Ladies that is !

I am Dutch used my fair share of substances and most substance users don't cause any trouble. The point was however not about what is the worse crime, but a search of the house without a warrant v.s checking your passport at the door.

Why Nirun? Why not Royal Cliff?

Its where the low class alcoholic farang live . I think its like 3000 baht a month and a lot of TV regular posters live there, its just a horrible existence and thats where you gonna find desperate overstayers....Royal cliff? you jest surely

Raiding condo blocks, How nice, bah.gif

Makes me think, there be a grass around there.

Another crackdown on expats, another loss of face to Pattaya BIB's.

What's next? They must have a master plan in the sleeve to harass foreign condo owners.

Get used to it.

So Mr. Fox, I take it from your response that you are all in favor of these gestapo tactics?

This country is going downhill FAST.

makes me very scared in the light of stories of planting drugs etc by the police that I have heard

They can just invade your house for no reason without a warrant and then "find" a bag of heroin in your cupboard?

Same with your car

Yes. All sorts of things can happen. But that kind of always has been the case in Thailand. I fear it may be on the uprise. Times are tough. People are getting squeezed for money. Farangs are bigger and bigger targets.

Under Thai Law, police have no right to come into your home unless they have a warrant or you let them in.Things might be different under current martial law though.

Could you please quote the code, chapter, section, and clause number for this so called Thai law you refer to. Thanks in advance.

Edited by anthony0339

There really is no "law". Once the military suspended the constitution, any civil court or judge is so not independent. They have no basis to rule on. They are being very closely monitored by the military. And who knows what sort of military courts are out there. I have read articles about some military courts, but have little idea how they are formed, staffed, rulings enforced, what sort of proceedings are involved etc.