best (legal) route between hua hin and chonburi on large touring motorcycle

kurtcap

can anyone advise on the above? iam concerned with where i can or cannot ride in Bkk and of course the amount of traffic (i intend doing the route on Sunday morning) a Garmin file would be even better if anyone has one.

Recently I traveled Patts to Chonburi via Sukhumvit then Bang-Na Trad expressway (below) exiting back onto Sukhumvit in Bangkok to take the bike ferry accross the river (below Bhumibhol bride) and it was a motherf***ker. Never again.. traffic was a bitch. My suggestion is to take 315 out of Chonburi and enter Saraburi in your navigation but stop short of Saraburi. Once you are up above bangkok head west and make your way down to 35 then take it into Hua Hin which will not require crossing any bridges or driving on any forbiddon (Motorcycles) roads. I know its a bit counter intuative but you will only lose a couple hours and it will be all cruising with some nice sceanary...

Over the last 5 years until all this recent shit I would just take chonburi highway into chonburi then Bang-Na trad to the industrial area and cross the Bhumibhol bridge 2 onto 35 and head out which isn't too bad but I wanted to basically try the it legal was and screw that.

Kurt

I have crossed on the ferry about 3 times in both directions and had very little trouble.

There's a ferry?

Where's it leave from and what is the destination?

Oh, and do you happen to have a URL?

Thanks..thumbsup.gif

Between 13.6765476,100.5874349 and 13.6825104,100.5871023

You can see the ferry route on google maps. Look on street view you will see.

Probably not ideal if you ride a BMW with giant aluminium boxes on the sides!

Archived