Where to buy a newspaper?

MissIndy

Where can I buy the Bangkok Post?

I have seen it in one of the Malls - can't remember which one now, but is it not sold anywhere else?

Would most likely buy it on a Sunday if I could find it.

Thanks

Trisha

You can pick up a Bangkok Post Newspaper just North of Mad Dog's Restaurant at a little Magazine Store about 40 yards up the Soi, same side of the street. If I remember correctly it arrives at 10:00 AM. Often times you can pick up a free one, or at least read it for free at Mad Dogs; they buy 2-3 copies for their customers. Good luck finding one without the Crossword Puzzle still intact, however.

Thanks, but I was hoping I wouldn't need to go into town - I'm just off Canal Road.

Trisha

They sell it at many places on the west end including:

(1) Two places at Kad Suan Kaew - at the pharmacy just outside Topps and on the third floor in the book/stationery section of Centran. Copies are usually gone by 1-2PM or before.

(2) Maya Mall - in the basement in the bookstore.

(3) Centran Airport - inside the supermarket in the basement.

(4) On the east side of Nimmanhaemin between Sois 9 and 10 (immediately next to where Miguel's used to be). Copies usually gone by noon.

(5) On the south side of Suthep approximately 200-400 (?) yards west of Sirimangkalajarn.

I also faintly remember buying one on the north side of Huay Gaew somewhere near the college (not sure of exact location, just happen to see it when walking by).

Did anyone get yesterday's Sunday paper? Two outlets near my house did not receive any for sale and the guy at the bottle shop who is a subscriber did not get a copy either.

Unusual, maybe the extended holiday break,would have been a pretty skinny edition, maybe you didn't miss much.

I used to buy the Saturday edition, over 15 years, its now such a slim edition I just read online

Archived