Android Box for television, is there better than ipplaybox service

rvdk

ipplaybox is a subscription for streaming , same as netflix etc, It will run on any box.

Are you asking for help to set that up ? Or a general question about Android TV boxes ?

An Android box can do whatever app you put on it, play your exsisting moves, stream free or payed for content etc.

Even the payed for streaming content is hit and miss, due to Thailand connection to the outside world.

I have got already an Android box but where to install the programs to use ipplaybox or a better service. Is it Fortune tower?

You can install from there website. Let me know if you are able to register and then sign in!

Thanks - that sounds (and looks) very interesting. I have a rather lousy internet connection (i.e. less than 3MB - usually less than 2), so TWO questions -

1. Do you think that this box could manage slow connections ?

2. Do you get a standard set-up of tv channels - and are there any English language channels available?

(Hmm... that could be 3 questions) biggrin.png

Thanks for any useful info....

I have got already an Android box but where to install the programs to use ipplaybox or a better service. Is it Fortune tower?

You can install the app yourself, its pretty easy, depending on your box - you probably need to change security setting to allow the box to download from sources other than the google play store. Lots of videos on youtube

There is one shop at fortune who would install for you, if your not confident doing it yourself.

They can also do the topping up for the package, or you can do yourself

I use a similar 250b subscription, called prohdbox, it works well.

To top up I make a bank transfer, send them the screenshot on LINE,and they then send a PIN code.

Been using for 6 months + no major probs, though as said above, some of the international streams can be hit and miss.

Thanks - that sounds (and looks) very interesting. I have a rather lousy internet connection (i.e. less than 3MB - usually less than 2), so TWO questions -

1. Do you think that this box could manage slow connections ?

2. Do you get a standard set-up of tv channels - and are there any English language channels available?

(Hmm... that could be 3 questions) biggrin.png

Thanks for any useful info....

Most of those boxes come with preinstalled apps for streaming. Being a Thai box, it will have Apps for streaming Thai channels, possibly some english channels.

You can add your own apps (same as an android phone) for streaming English content. There are 100s of them.

You can also put on an app called Kodi, and add lots of streaming add ons to it.

I dont think you would have much success with such a slow internet connection. Can you currently stream with phone or laptop etc. The android box wont change that.

^Many thanks for THAT info - appreciated.

Yes - I'm able to stream SOME things on my tablet, using ThailandTV app (which another member kindly suggested), though the channels I'd wanted don't seem to work any longer on this particular app......the channels that DO work seem to mostly work quite well, even on our terrible connection..

Oh yes - the setup looks easy enough. There's a YT vid where the guy is just using a wireless mouse and the box's remote to set things up.

Archived