Hua Hin: What To Do There?

ladywhite

Help, please...

I will be staying at Veranda lodge in Hua Hin with my fiance for 5 days in Jan. I have not been there and have no idea what to do for 5 days other than strolling on the beach in the evening, going to town and market, and find nice things to eat...

what do you guys do during the days? I am not talking about excursions here.

Thanks for all responses.

:o

Help, please...

I will be staying at Veranda lodge in Hua Hin with my fiance for 5 days in Jan. I have not been there and have no idea what to do for 5 days other than strolling on the beach in the evening, going to town and market, and find nice things to eat...

People in the hotel where I was staying, would lay in deckchairs around the pool all day.

Then, 7pm all go go the centre (around Hilton) for a meal.

Some would go to seafood restaurants on the wharf but all farang food places (steaks, pasta, pizza) were always full to the brim.

Stroll through the fake goods market (as you can't avoid it) and back to the hotel.

In the evening (night), you won't be able to locate the beach until your feet are wet.

Some go to check the "nightlife". It's a miniature and hardly worth mentioning.

Now, you have Lotus mini shopping mall there and a cinema. If places like that were what brought you to Hua Hin.

Maybe, 1 day, go to Cha Am...a lot of beachside is good for cycling (available for rent).

IMO, if you are there to relax, fine. For partying and dynamics, other places are better.

As mentioned previously, Hua Hin isn't Phuket or Pattaya, but it's not the sleepy fishing village it was, either.

Activities for the day: paintball, ATV, go-kart, elephant trekking, bowling, cinema, shopping, kung <deleted>, fishing, golf, watersports, cruises to places like Sam Roi Yod or eco-friendly ones in the mangrove swamps, adventure activities, lazing on the beach, massage, eating, drinking....

Night: Night fishing, drinking, eating, go-kart, cinema, bowling, shopping, dancing, watching traditional Thai shows, walking on the beach, massage...

I'm sure you'll find something to do. And you've chosen a lovely hotel in a good location. Have fun :o

As mentioned previously, Hua Hin isn't Phuket or Pattaya, but it's not the sleepy fishing village it was, either.

Activities for the day: paintball, ATV, go-kart, elephant trekking, bowling, cinema, shopping, kung <deleted>, fishing, golf, watersports, cruises to places like Sam Roi Yod or eco-friendly ones in the mangrove swamps, adventure activities, lazing on the beach, massage, eating, drinking....

Night: Night fishing, drinking, eating, go-kart, cinema, bowling, shopping, dancing, watching traditional Thai shows, walking on the beach, massage...

I'm sure you'll find something to do. And you've chosen a lovely hotel in a good location. Have fun :o

Thank you a lot for your time and responses. I'm glad I have chosen a lovely hotel. Wish me a lot of fun there.... :D

Ladywhite

Yep, there's a lot of good things to do there, what's wrong with taking it easy? Me, I just like the mix of people, right from backpackers (fan room B200 per night at the 21 Century guest house) to the somewhat more wealthy in the Hilton (I'm not even going to think of the price) and the locals are very straight. The nightclubs are pretty good, B280 admission with two drinks included.

There are a lot of things to do outside Hua Hin itself, like the elephant reserve, go see the national forest, Cha-Am is a bit on the quiet side...Petchaburi town does have about a million temples, but the monkeys on Khao Wan are a real pain, and take water, it's the hottest place in the world for some reason.

You'll have a good time in Hua Hin, even if you never get off the beach....

Rob Morrison

co-owner

www.karasu.co.uk - small group tours at very reasonable prices.

Haggling on your behalf a speciality

Help, please...

Rent a motorcycle, only 150-200 baht per day. This will pay for itself in money saved on tuk-tuk/taxi rides. Take a short(10-20 minute) ride to kao Takiab...it's a temple on a hill overlooking Hua Hin...beautiful view, and you can check out the monkeys that live there(be careful, they will grab your stuff).The ride is nice, easy to navigate, and takes you through a fishing village.Just before making the ascent to Takiab, there is a restaurant right on the beach, with live fish/crab to choose for your lunch.Dont miss this little trip, I do it every time I visit.

In the evening, take the bike to Chatchai Market. A myriad of delicious restaurants appear as the sun sets. Ask anyone where it is, a short ride.

Days can be spent on the beach, relaxing under a sea of umbrellas, enjoying a cold beer served with seafood of your choice. The beach stalls are numbered, I recommend #7.Nice family run business, with great food.

I go to Hua Hin to relax, so I really dont know about a lot of activities, but I enjoy just tooling around on the bike with my wife, and exploring the area. There is another lookout on a hill there as well with a bird sanctuary/aviary at the top. The name escapes me but is something like "great fire overlook" as there was a fire there in the past. You will see signs(or look in a guidebook).

Dont be afraid to poke around on the bike, the wife and I really enjoy it.

Good Luck,

Eric :o

Edited by pumpuiman

Rent a motorcycle, only 150-200 baht per day. This will pay for itself in money saved on tuk-tuk/taxi rides. Take a short(10-20 minute) ride to kao Takiab...it's a temple on a hill overlooking Hua Hin...beautiful view, and you can check out the monkeys that live there(be careful, they will grab your stuff).

Don't come close to the monkeys, don't feed them, stay away.

I witnessed when a couple of foreigners started feeeding them grapes and within seconds dozens of beasts descended on them, made them run for their lives into a nearby (enclosed) shop.

Hua Hin/Cha Am forum has pictures from there:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40584

ride to kao Takiab...it's a temple on a hill overlooking Hua Hin...

beautiful view,

and you can check out the monkeys that live there(be careful, they will grab your stuff).

The ride is nice, easy to navigate, and takes you through a fishing village.Just before making the ascent to Takiab, there is a restaurant right on the beach, with live fish/crab to choose for your lunch.Dont miss this little trip, I do it every time I visit.

Eric :o

Kaeng Karchan Dam - Phetchaburi

For me that, is the Best :D

Kan Win :D

I'm a little anti Hua Hin - it's cynical because of too many tourist in such a relatively small place. So I'd say head for Cha-Am some forty kilometres towards Bangkok.Nice and slepy except for weekends and holidays when it's full of Bangkokians. That's my preference anyway.

I'm not sure what this site is like nowadys but you could give it a try.

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/