congratulations brexit voters

EU countries are certainly not queuing up to sign trade agreements with the UK, as it's illegal for them to do so under EU law - despite this forming David Davis's main plan for post-brexit UK.

Another false statement from biker-boy!

Just watch it all unfold before your myopic eye. They will be gagging for it because they know their economies will to rat sh1t without us.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EU countries are certainly not queuing up to sign trade agreements with the UK, as it's illegal for them to do so under EU law - despite this forming David Davis's main plan for post-brexit UK.

Just watch it all unfold before your myopic eye. They will be gagging for it because they know their economies will to rat sh1t without us.

What makes you think it's false?

At 14.30 this afternoon KBank was at 45.77.

That is down from Tuesday at 46.20 and up from Wednesday at 45.12.

When I first came here in 1993 it was less than 44 and in July of 1977 it was over 85.

The exchange rates of ANY currency vary over a long period.

You on the other hand are crowing. but this is only one months figures. Look again in 3 months, 6 months and a years time for what it will be then.

Over 10 years it is OK?

post-234089-0-10364200-1469199510_thumb.

Edited by happy Joe

When I first came here in 1993 it was less than 44 and in July of 1977 it was over 85.

You on the other hand are crowing. but this is only one months figures. Look again in 3 months, 6 months and a years time for what it will be then.

Over 10 years it is OK?

Yes - the next 10 years especially.

Anyone who has been here awhile is happy at 50 or better..... exceptional temporary swings can happen at any time.

I am happy............. are you Joe ?

Also, even if we do exit the single market, we cannot easily offer reduced tariffs to individual countries, because as a member of the WTO we're obliged to offer the same tariffs to all the other members - including the EU.

Sorry......... wasn't sure from your post, are you citing that as a positive or a negative.

Also is it fact, in which case please quote a specific reference point.- otherwise we might think it is just more BS from you.

Over 10 years it is OK?

Anyone who has been here awhile is happy at 50 or better..... exceptional temporary swings can happen at any time.

Yes for Thailand, no for Brexit.
Very sincerely I think it was a deal lose / lose.
As convinced European I cannot understand why the British are deliberately excluded from this globally beneficial union in which they had a very advantageous position.
And as said before I wish a similar Norwegian status. It will enable the UK to retain most of its benefits without participating in EU decisions which will ultimately suit to all.

Over 10 years it is OK?

Yes for Thailand, no for Brexit.

Very sincerely I think it was a deal lose / lose.

As convinced European I cannot understand why the British are deliberately excluded from this globally beneficial union in which they had a very advantageous position.

And as said before I wish a similar Norwegian status. It will enable the UK to retain most of its benefits without participating in EU decisions which will ultimately suit to all.

As far as I can tell, it was mostly a protest vote against the 21st century.

If you think I'm wrong, go ahead and find something that proves you right.

I don't need to - it is your comment and your case to prove.

Sleep on this:-

That Brexit apocalypse? It just isnt happening Planning to leave the EU isnt destroying our economy; a hysterical policy response just might

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/07/that-brexit-apocalypse-it-just-isnt-happening/

You keep telling me I'm wrong, but so far you have nothing to back up these accusations.

If you think I'm wrong, go ahead and find something that proves you right.

I don't need to - it is your comment and your case to prove.

Sleep on this:-

That Brexit apocalypse? It just isnt happening Planning to leave the EU isnt destroying our economy; a hysterical policy response just might

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/07/that-brexit-apocalypse-it-just-isnt-happening/

You keep telling me I'm wrong, but so far you have nothing to back up these accusations.

You keep spouting BS and have nothing to back it up with.

Doesn't bother me as you lost the vote and the UK is leaving the EU so any banal argument on your side is worth Jack.

Over 10 years it is OK?

How about the 20 years from 1997 to 2016 or doesn't that fit in your agenda?

That is much more interesting.

Try this link from investing.com

I am sorry that it is not in a pretty graph like yours but it spans from June 1997 until July 2016.

I was here in 1993 and I can probably find those other years if you wish.

The lowest rate according to investing.com was 36.268 and the highest was 92.049.

A huge difference wouldn't you say and certainly far more than your 10 years.

If you wish I can post the daily exchange rates From KBank from 1st January 1990 to date if you wish but it would take up far too much space. The problem with statistics is that they can be selective. You chose the ones that suited your agenda and I chose the ones that suited mine. However the source was the same one both times.

http://uk.investing.com/currencies/gbp-thb-historical-data

Edited by billd766

^ Yes, I'm sure Germany has no contingency plans for selling us cars, engineering products, etc when we exit the EU rolleyes.gif .

Well, they won't be making any individual trade deals with us, because the EU forbids it.

The EU will do what Germany wants it to do wink.png .

^ Yes, I'm sure Germany has no contingency plans for selling us cars, engineering products, etc when we exit the EU rolleyes.gif .

Well, they won't be making any individual trade deals with us, because the EU forbids it.

Perhaps, yes. But we won't be cutting a separate trade deal with Germany alone.

And who decided what "ill informed" means?

However well informed or not you are is not the issue, everyone on the electoral roll has the option to vote, how they make their mind up is up to them, you or I might try an influence them but then its up to the individual to weigh things up for themselves and cast their vote or not.

The Court case will not be won by the bad losers, the implications for the future do bear thinking about.

Ill informed is not a decision, though it was definite decision by the leaders of the Brexit campaign to misinform, lie and use racism and xenophobia in their campaign.

They, the Brexit leaders have all fled the scene and their lies are tunmling one after another.

PM May is showing no eagerness to sign Article 50 and has cunningly put an idiot (former Brexit leader and proven liar) in charge of dealing with the 'international community' while putting her rival (and Brexiteer) in charge of explaining Brexit to the UK's most powerful lobby group, the UK's farmers.

If I wee a Brexiteer I might start to worry that the non legally binding referrendum result is going to lead nowhere.

Which is precisely why the Brexit leaders have fled the scene.

The most you can hope for is a right wing onslaught on worker's rights, welfare and the NHS.

Victory?!

Last time I looked the leading Brexiteer is Foreign Secretary. Hardly fleeing when you are centre of government. Oh and we have a new department for Brexit and trade negotiations, if you missed the news. The PM has just returned from France where she put the frog in his place by telling him that the UK decides alone when Art 50 gets triggered. Angela, more pragmatic, agreed with the UK approach.

Countries are queuing up to form trade agreements with UK, even the US sec of state said this will happen quickly.

Some short term uncertainties in the market are understandable but we are a free sovereign nation again and we will trade our way to a brighter, wealthier future while the EU will still be floundering around wondering how to cope with jihadists and the muslim deluge.

When did that happen? I must have missed it, have they bypassed Article 50?

What is Article 50?

Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union allows a member state to notify the EU of its withdrawal and obliges the EU to try to negotiate a ‘withdrawal agreement’ with that state – it involves five points laid out below.

1. “Any Member State may decide to withdraw from the Union in accordance with its own constitutional requirements.
  2. A Member State which decides to withdraw shall notify the European Council of its intention. In the light of the guidelines provided by the European Council, the Union shall negotiate and conclude an agreement with that State, setting out the arrangements for its withdrawal, taking account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union. That agreement shall be negotiated in accordance with Article 218(3) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. It shall be concluded on behalf of the Union by the Council, acting by a qualified majority, after obtaining the consent of the European Parliament.
  3. The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in paragraph 2, unless the European Council, in agreement with the Member State concerned, unanimously decides to extend this period.
  4. For the purposes of paragraphs 2 and 3, the member of the European Council or of the Council representing the withdrawing Member State shall not participate in the discussions of the European Council or Council or in decisions concerning it. A qualified majority shall be defined in accordance with Article 238(3)(B) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.
  5. If a State which has withdrawn from the Union asks to rejoin, its request shall be subject to the procedure referred to in Article 49.”
  6. http://openeurope.org.uk/today/blog/the-mechanics-of-leaving-the-eu-explaining-article-50/

I wonder how long it'll take before the gloating brexiteers realise they've been duped, and none of what they thought they voted for is going to happen?

There',s no shortage of bad losers on this thread, personally I think they made the best decision of their entire lives,only surprise is how long it took them to wise up.

Do you mean the brexiteers , made the best decision of their lives ,

when, they decided to abandon/ leave the UK , and live in Thailand , yet they still want to reap UK benefits .

All expatts are , by definition Brexiteers , lest we forget , therefore they should not be entitled to claim UK benefits , pensions , etc .

OUCH . You have been warned , rough waters ahead, under the new 2017 regulations , Mr Mannering facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Edited by elliss

Whether Brexit happens or not someone needs to make a decision soonest at to get all the markets stabilised. Either way people will be annoyed/upset so just get on with it

That will be the dayy , when i fly .coffee1.gif

Whether Brexit happens or not someone needs to make a decision soonest at to get all the markets stabilised. Either way people will be annoyed/upset so just get on with it

That will be the dayy , when i fly .coffee1.gif

That probably why the price of Bacon is rising...send us a postcard

There will always be annoyed speculators.

The world doesn't revolve around you.

Yep...thanks for that! Did I say I was annoyed, think you might need glasses

Because you wrote it!

Because you wrote it!

So can you show anything that contradicts what I say? Because right now your response looks pretty childish.

That Brexit apocalypse? It just isn’t happening Planning to leave the EU isn’t destroying our economy; a hysterical policy response just might

You sure about that.

Brexit causes dramatic drop in UK economy

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36864273

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/933681-brexit-deals-heavy-hit-to-uk-economy-but-eurozone-holds-up/

We can only hope that when this comes to a Commons vote enough MPs have the guts to vote against Article 50 being invoked.

Surely they cannot just sit by and watch as the U.K goes down the pan.

I feel desperately for my Grandchildren and Nephews/Nieces who will bare the brunt of this.

At the moment there futures are looking decidedly bleak.

Edited by Eclipse

Because you wrote it!

So can you show anything that contradicts what I say? Because right now your response looks pretty childish.

You really need to get out more.

Maybe you and Guesthouse could get a room.

That is speculation, but what is not speculation is the fact that once the UK gives up EU membership and its veto on EU laws and regulations, there is absolutely nothing the UK can do to stop Germany controlling the EU.

At the moment, the EU cannot enact a law or a regulation that the UK does not agree to - The UK has a veto.

Because you wrote it!

You really need to get out more.

Maybe you and Guesthouse could get a room.

So, you have nothing more than childish comments to offer.

Like I said, if you think I'm wrong, show us why.

You clearly can't.

What SoiBiker has said is factually correct, individual EU member states cannot make their own trade agreements (You might recall this is one of the principle complaints of the Brexit campaign).

Jip99's response is to claim the legal fact of what SoiBiker says as false, but Jip99 provides no argument against the legal fact than offering his own speculation about future deals of which he, nor anybody on this forum has any knowledge, because they have not happened.

A problem with Jip99's speculated deals is the question 'why would an EU nation sign off on a deal for the UK to be able to continue business in the EU, when locking the UK out of the EU makes it very much easier to simply take the business from the UK and move it to an EU member state?'